Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Highwire
05-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Highwire
Jack spun his mag pistols on his index fingers before sliding them back into their holsters behind his back as he breathed heavily, smirking as the loud, raspy draken voice, coming from the loudspeakers, echoed through the Holo-Training room "Congratulations, you've defeated the holographic constructs that were never a danger to you or anyone else in this ship, and you've beaten the time of the last maggot that tried." The voice stopped for a moment as the supervisor in the observation room looks through some other data on the terminal and unloads the training program, materializing the exit behind Jack. "You're not trying to impress anyone, are you? That's enough for today anyway, you're no use to the Dominion if you're stuck in the med-bay due to a sprained ankle. Get the out of my training deck." Jack sighed and shook his head as he walked out of the holo-room and into the training deck.

As he walked out, the glanced at the small line formed by trainees waiting by the door of the room he was just in, the draken supervisor's voice yelling out "NEXT!", followed by the recruit first in the line walking inside, "Good luck" Jack says, smirking as the door closes itself shut behind the trainee. Jack then proceeded to the armory, a crooked smile growing on his lips as he walked, he couldn't help but feel very pleased with himself for beating the former top score on the training program.

Jack then steps in front of the armory window, taking the training mag pistols from their holsters and leaving them on the small counter in front of the window, he then knocked on the window twice, a yellow-furred Chua with fu-man-chu styled whiskers, sitting on a wheeled chair rolled in front of the window and asked, in a loud and obnoxious tone, "Hrm, what you want?!" Jack points to the pair of Mag Pistols on the counter "Returning equipment." he responds as the quartermaster pulls the pistols through the small opening under the window, "Anything else? No? Then zap off! Armory very busy today!" the Chua says as he pulls the window closed with a slam. Shaking his head, Jack then turns around, beginning the walk back to the barracks.
05-20-2014, 08:05 AM
RE: Highwire
Sitting in her makeshift office, Clara review the latest holo recordings of the combat simulation like she did everytime she visited the arkship. Her rank and her family's standing offered Clara a bit of privacy, but not as much as an officer who was high born. Drinking a spiced liqueur, Clara clicked through the collection of recruits that had run the sim the last few days, frowning at some and laughing at others. "Waste of a trip." Clara said to herself. Pushing in a comm button on her desk, Clara stood up as she began to leave the office, "Sergeant, have my transport prepped I will be leaving in five minutes, next time you call me, for your sake it better be worth my time." Walking toward the ship bay Clara scanned her badge to enter the personal craft area. A gruff voice entered her ear, causing her to stop in her tracks, "Ma'am, I have one more for ya, he just beat tha sim high score, sendin it to your HUD." Clara's glasses flashed blue, running back the recording of a Cassian male. Turning back around, Clara headed back to her office, walking slowly as she watched the recording, "Sergeant, send that Man to my office, i'll be there shortly."

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
05-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Hearing the buzzing coming from his datacron, Jack gets up from his bunk, reading the Sergeant's message, "Oh shit" escapes his lips as he quickly puts his boots back on and quickly makes for the office mentioned on the message, upon arriving he knocks on the door "It's, Jackson, I was, uh, called here by you ma'am?"
05-20-2014, 08:43 AM
Sitting in her chair, Clara motioned for the recruit to enter, "Please have a seat. i'm Lieutenant Fitzroy and I would like to talk to you about your recent training simulation. Spinning a large monitor around, Clara played Jackson's recording on a loop, pausing it at moments of interest. "You did very well, especially with the shit equipment they give to the new meat, do you think you can duplicate those results in a live environment?" Leaning back in her chair, Clara looked stern but relaxed. Not wearing her Dominion uniform, Clara would seem like a random mercenary recruiter if you didn't know any better. Wiping a bit of bust off off of her jet black nano suit, Clara crossed her legs and smiled at the recruit, "This is all voluntary of course, but the benefits far outweigh the risks..."

05-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Jack nods, stepping inside and taking a seat on the chair in front of him, listening carefully as she spoke, watching the recording running on the monitor and glancing at her occasionally as she spoke , "Yeah, I think I could." He sits upright, his shoulders tense, breathes slowly, and clears his throat before asking in a nervous manner: "But uh, forgive my ignorance but I'm not sure what outfit you're from, Ma'am".
05-20-2014, 09:45 AM
Tabing a sequence of keys on her thighpad, Clara sent a stream of information on the monitor in front of Jackson. "Not an outfit darling, a company. I represent the BrightStar Sovereigns, an independant agency." The screen in front of the recruit, scrolling with information and the history of the organization. "We are always looking for promising prospects, and I like to find them before the standard Dominion training snuffs out that promise." As Clara spoke she pulled a pair of Mag Pistols from under we desk. Placing them in front of her, Clara slid them toward Jackson, "These are for you, the latest models of course, if you are ready we can head to the training floor and begin."

05-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Jack nodded his head in understanding, turning towards the monitor, leaning closer as he read the information, "Yeah, I've read some things about the company." He glanced at the mag pistols, doing his best to hide a smile "Yes ma'am, we can go whenever you want." he says, standing up, picking up the pistols and sliding them into the holsters behind his back.
05-20-2014, 10:37 AM
"Perfect, lets begin." Walking out of the office, Clara walked down to the training facility. As the pair walked down the random halls, stares and whispers from recruits followed them. An unmarked officer walking with a recruit was bout to look odd, even for a seasoned officer of the Dominion Army. Approaching the large Draken was in front of the door to the facility, Clara nodded and whispered in his direction, the only words that anyone would be able to pick up were "prisoners" and "live fire". Turning towards Jackson, Clara motioned for him to enter the room, smiling as she moved a strand of hair from her face. The Draken looked more irritated, muttering something about the recruit, but complying with the Lieutenant's orders.

Inside the large room were two humans and a rather large Granok. Eached was armed, one with a power sword, the other two with standard issue Mag Pistols from the armory. While they were armed, each of the three prisoners was bound and shackled, their hands mag locked to the walls behind them. As Clara stood in the monitoring room above the training floor, she clicked a button, releasing the prisoners hands, "Begin."
05-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Jackson quickly unholstered his new pair of Mag Pistols as the prisoners went for their weapons, dashing to the right as the two human prisoners sent a volley of bullets his way, keeping his momentum, he takes aim as he runs, escaping his opponents aggressive fire he charges the pistol on his right hand, firing a shot. The round connects, turning a large portion of one of the human prisoner's into a red mist, the prisoner's arm drops to the ground, together with the pistol he was holding, followed by the prisoner himself, clutching at the wound as he slips into shock. The other human screams "No!" as he then turns his head to the Granok "What are you waiting for you idiot? Go kill him!."

The Granok prisoner roars, charging at Jack as he swings his power sword wildly, Jack dodges the first swing by jumping backwards, the second one narrowly by ducking, and the third one by rolling to the right except, this time he wasn't so lucky, and the swing connects with his body, leaving a cut behind his left shoulder. With the last, forceful, swing, the Granok's blade is stuck on the floor, the large brute struggles to pull it back up as Jack sends a burst of rounds from his pair of Mag Pistols, blowing several holes through the Granok's rocky chest as he falls to the ground on his side.

The last prisoner falls to his knees, putting his pistols on the ground and sliding them towards Jackson, "Please, I'm not dying in some sick game, I give up, you win!". Jack winced, rolling his left shoulder and stepping in front of the human prisoner, shoving the pistols away from them both with his right foot, he then took aim at the prisoner in front of him, looking upwards and waiting from a command from the loudspeakers inside the room.
05-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Clara watched Jackson's display from the observation room with interest. As he fought the prisoners, the Draken next to her grumbled, not attempting to hide his surprise. "Maybe we should be usin live fire exercises more often....Not looking in his direction, Clara nodded slowly "Maybe you should, simulations are for children." Clara stopped talking as the loudspeakers picked up the beginning of the last human. "Please, I'm not dying in some sick game, I give up, you win!" Frowning, as she left the room, Clara entered the training deck, the recruit's Mag Pistols still trained on the prisoner. "Well Sergeant Jackson, I have to say i'm impressed. Deal with the quitter here and you can go pack your things." Pinning a small red and gold star of the lapel of Jackson's uniform, Clara turned around and walked toward the door of the training deck. Before leaving, Clara turned her head in the direction of the human prisoner, "Bad form...sad."