Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[IC Interview] Dust and Blood
05-20-2014, 10:04 PM
[IC Interview] Dust and Blood
The dust settled in this small settlement out in the middle of nowhere in a relatively lawless land. If asked, he wouldn't know where he was, given he's never bothered to check. He preferred it that way. Each day would be a new surprise, a new bounty to collect.

The bounty hunter's pistols sizzled down as the glow of blue left the barrels: the fight was over. At the business end of it all, a human lay face down in dust, freshly dead and partially on fire. She had a pretty face to her, but the bloodstains that caked on her greatsword said that she had been trouble in this town for far too long.

A damn good riddance.

Silently, he looked up to the small crowd that had formed around her corpse, who in turn gazed back in wonder as he held out his hand. After receiving his pay from whom he assumed to be the sheriff or deputy of this town, he shook the small pouch of gold coins in his hand, turned around quietly and had began quietly making his way towards his bike when he saw someone out in the distance.

Normally, he wouldn't have cared, but this individual seem to be walking towards him with intent. Given Kytex's experience, most likely this gentleman was looking to kill him, but the bounty hunter was willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt...at least as far as not shooting him on the spot.

The Aurin bounty hunting kept his hands on his hips, where his irons lay hanging in their holsters, as this individual drew within hearing range, and it became starkly clear that this man didn't seem to belong to the Exiles nor the Dominion in particular. Perhaps he was part of some splinter group.

Either way, Kytex extended the usual customary greeting:

"Afternoon." The bounty hunter spoke flatly, warily tipping his mildly tattered leather fedora with one hand, keeping his other glued to his hips.
05-21-2014, 04:55 AM
RE: [IC Interview] Dust and Blood
He was walking as usual in the town of Gallow. The town which had gained its named for hanging the Patriarch of the Crowe family was a stark little settlement. The core of the Algoroc Accord was Gallow, and it was here that anything big occured in the Valley that held an Old Cassian name. So perhaps it was strange as per usual (as it seemed to becoming a normal thing somehow by now) a person had found him. Now Cathal could easily, and would easily tell such a story over again, but it did appear that a curse had been laid upon him.

By the almighty that the Cassian's considered the Eldan, or by his ancestors, Cathal had become a magnet for the Aurin species. Somehow and in a manner he had yet to discern the man was a dowsing rod for the little critters. Now, critters was not in truth an apt term. Nor could he explain how it happened. Mayhap he had a means of creating an invisible field? Or perhaps simply the gods of fate whoever they were had deemed he had a lot of learning to do.

So low and behold another gunslinging aurin male, who was acting tough. Destiny have mercy upon all those nearby.

"Afternoon, kid, whatcher wan?" he asked slurring his words.

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-21-2014, 05:35 AM
The bounty hunter stood silent for a few moments. Not as a means of trying to intimidate the fellow, no, he was probably too drunk to really notice the subtle aura of rising tension...that or simply too drunk to even care. Either way, the hunter simply stood there, trying to understand what he said.

Eventually, Kytex mentally tossed the whole process out the window in a nonchalant impatience as his emerald-glazed eyes rolled over the stranger's 'uniform'. Nothing like what the Exiles would wear, and that was his closest guess so far.

"I suppose you're not exactly on either side are you, stranger?" The Aurin spoke calmly, relaxing his left hand and letting the other drop.

"Hopefully you're in need of a good bounty hunter, maybe one who knows a little more about advanced engineering than most average-folk do. I'm in need of a steady job, perhaps you might be interested in some extra muscle, someone who can tool up ships, structures and buildings, get them prim and proper again, or improve them."

A nagging feeling hung at the back of Kytex's mind. He felt like he should be asking what kinda group this guy belonged to, but the last time he got picky, he had to some of the less tastier fauna around here after he went broke. Who knows, maybe this guy could help him. Better than eating funny tasting critters.
05-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Was the Aurin drunk? Cathal could not really smell any spirits off of him, and the kid was just acting funny. Low and behind however the poor thing seemed to get impatient, and that's when the man noticed the glazed look to the Aurin's eyes. What...by the Eldan. His thoughts raced as he calmed his nerves, and rolled them out of the way. Time to act business like, all proper, and rightly so.

"I be fightin fer meself an' me outfit. That's it, lad." Cathal's reply cam in his usual lilting sing-song tone. It was not truly an offensive tone, far more inquiring to the right ear.

Cathal patiently listened as was his custom and then replied.

"Mayhap I could take ye on. I run an outfit ou here in Algoroc that be seekin' to be self-sufficient of sorts. I can give ye the rules, and then a chance to decide to decide if ye can meet the prerequisites." He said using some fairly large language to see if the kid stumbled over a reply.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-21-2014, 10:01 PM
"Fair enough."

The hunter pulled a couple of bottles from his duster, tossing one to Cathal. The label appeared to read 'Stinger Mead'. Kytex shook the drink well and popped the lid off with little more than the nail of his thumb, almost hitting Cathal with the bottle cap as it flew by (not that Kytex seemed to notice). Knocking his head back with the lip of the bottle engorged in his lips, he quickly swallowed the froth as it exploded into his mouth. After a while, he lurched forward and pulled the bottle from his lips with a satisfactory growl of sorts as the bite of the alcohol kicked in.

"Lay it on me."
05-22-2014, 07:41 PM
He gave a nod an' said.

"All who live in the Freehold o' The Malverines follow the Charter. Which states:

There be the Boss who is me; then there are the Officers of the Table an' the deputies; under them be the brothers an' sisters; then there are the Prospects; then there are those who aren't from our outfit - the Hangarounds. You be one now.

The Charter says ye get a cut o' our jobs, defense, and access to services wit' the club.

First Rule, Strength in Brotherhood. We work together, die together, and fight together. We are only weak as our crappiest kid.

Rule Two, Respect the Chain of Command. Respect yer superiors, an' generally those wit' more seniority than ye.

Rule Three, Never Betray the Club.

Rule Four, Big Decisions go to the Table. Only I an' the Officers canna decide who dies. Or if we go to war, got it?"

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-22-2014, 11:56 PM
"...Not your regular band of marauders either, huh? Good." Kytex tipped the bottle skyward, taking a few more audible swigs before letting the bottle part from his lips.

"At any rate, sounds simple enough. So now that you've given me the rules, where do we go from here? Just a trial-run with your group, or are there any actual tests I need to complete?"

His left feline ear flicked at the air a little as he thought about the third rule though. The bounty hunter honestly felt that it went without saying, maybe they just wanted to make sure nobody got any funny ideas.
05-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Marauders? The man looked at the Aurin male for a moment as he exhaled a slightly angry large amount of smoke. He took it out and then tapped out the lit tobacco before giving a grimace.

"First, we ain't Marauders. Ye see me wit any Oghra, Grund or Eeklu? Nah," he snapped. Cathal was usually not angry, but he was not above giving a quick jabbed correction if it was needed. The very idea of having his crew called Marauders was slightly insulting in a way. The Malverines never raided or attacked Exile targets if they could.

"We be Outlaws kid, we follow the Exile Accords, but after that we answer only to the Charter. We dun attack our fellow Exiles unless they be causin us trouble." The man said and then asked, "Why do ye think we only let the Table decide who dies, an if we go to war?"

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-25-2014, 09:53 AM
The bounty hunter held up his hand, shaking his head.

"I apologize, that was meant to be a bit of a joke...my humor, however, tends to be a bit dry and scathing. It's just that most of the people out and about here who aren't directly apart of the Exiles tend to be harassing, murdering and stealing from those who are. You however seem to be the somber type a' folk, 'least you so far."

He put his hand down, and looked up to the man with his unchanging, half-lidded stare that spoke in small whispers of what the Aurin had seen.

"So I'll ask again. What would you have of me, sir? How might I become a...'Prospect', I believe you called it."
05-25-2014, 10:26 PM
Cathal took a moment as the somewhat intoxicated (he was assuming the male was drunk because of his speech inhibition, and his half-closed eyes). Cathal applied a good level of patience to let the young man get his apology in. If the kid had not come here seeking employment there's be a knife sticking through the palm of his hand. The Reily was not someone to piss off, and over the years when he was much younger, the man had learned how to cool his temper.

"Gota few more questions, sa why it important fer ye to not start things? Why ye gotta refer shit to the table?" he asked simply.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser