Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[IC Interview] Dust and Blood
05-26-2014, 12:55 AM
RE: [IC Interview] Dust and Blood
"Because either way, everyone gets dragged into the conflict. Ergo, anyone jumping the gun brings in the whole of the group, even if they believe they're simply going rogue or lone wolf. So if one guy starts taking pot shots at the town drunk for his racial slurs, the group as a whole will get blamed, and you'd either have to fend off the rest of the town or simply grab the idiot and bug out."

He took another sip of stinger mead, still wearing the same expression as he had earlier.

"You're chained together by each others actions. So when one does feel the need to lay a beatdown on some goons, the consequences have to be thought through and accepted before any action is taken."

Kytex looked up to Cathal, holding the bottle of mead by the lip of it with two fingers.

"...'Least that's my take on it. That sound about right?"
05-26-2014, 02:03 AM
Okay if the kid was drunk, he could understand -some- consequences at least. Cathal's needed to discern so much from random conversation came with the heightened stakes that his crew was working with. Note every outfit in the Algoroc had a personal Dominion death squad read to go. Along with maniacal blonde nutcase running the Sovereigns, there dwelt an assortment of hired killers ready to put Malverine on the dinner menu.

"Decent answer," he replied with a bit of nonchalance as he looked at the aurin.

"So ye undarstand how things work then. eh? Sa ye get the table, an the rules. ye undarstand why we dun take everyone in though?"

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-27-2014, 01:19 PM
"Course, not everyone's cut out for the job. I imagine this outfit of yours requires folk such as myself to have a good line up of traits, more grits and guts than the average Exile for starters."

The Aurin looked down the bottle before emptying the rest of the contents into his mouth.

"My only concern is whether you believe I meet any of those standards, and whether or not I need to go through any immediate testing to prove so."
05-27-2014, 05:19 PM
Cathal's ears listened, and he absorbed what the aurin was saying. The boss man maintained a good air of confidence when it came to dealing with Prospects. Some had said he was a bit angry, but they can feck off for all he cared. Standards. Standards were the core of a good group. A good outfit.

"Ye get a chance boyo that be watcha get. If ye break my expectations yer gone. How we werk, only the ones who earn their colors have the respect o' appealing to the Table," the man said to the aurin.

"Sa prove yerself through action, rather than worrin."

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-28-2014, 05:11 AM
"Alrighty, then..." Kytex stood up, brushing the dust off of his coat and pants.

He flicked the brim of his fedora upward so Cathal could see his eyes, as a sign of courtesy, and extended his hand towards the man, offering a small but genuine smile as he awaited the handshake with a reserved, cautious excitement which seemed to contrast a little with the 'dead inside' stare he had. With a quiet air of confidence about himself, he introduced himself:

"Kytex Lanoah, ready and willing. Where do we start?"

The wind picked up a little, carrying off loose clouds of sand and dust, leaving behind the bloodstained particles that had become glued to the ground by the coagulated blood that had been smeared against the ground after the Dominion soldier's corpse had been hauled off quietly by the locals.
05-30-2014, 08:15 PM
What was the kid's name? Kytex? Cathal nodded slowly as he removed a pipe from his right breast pocket. The man then lit up a bit of tobacco as the aurin showed what he had come to surmise was a usual bit of racial enthusiasm. The man then leaned forward and gave the kid a firm handshake to welcome him aboard. It was a typical gesture which he did without any complaint.

It was done, the deal was sealed with that handshake.

"Ye start right o' way just do what ye usually do, look fer jobs, pay dues an if someone gives ye an order follow it."

It was all Cathal was going to say on the matter.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-31-2014, 12:30 PM
"Understood...sir." He tipped his fedora to Cathal to emphasize his respect towards him as Kytex's new boss.

"Let me know if your bike could use a tool-up, or if your headquarters could use a bit more security, I can probably rig something up for you. 'Till then, you got yourself another gun by your side if you need something or someone to have a few more holes in it and a little less blood and internal organs. To the..."

The bounty hunter eyed Cathal's patch with the emblem and the name of the outfit.

"...Malverines." Kytex nodded as he continued, impressed by the choice of name.

He pulled out another bottle of Stinger mead, clinked the glass bottle against the one he had tossed to Cathal, flicking the cap off into the sky and knocking his head back as he caught the froth that exploded from the bottle with his mouth.

Thus, a new chapter opened up in his life. One that would undoubtedly lead to merriment, sadness, possibly a few near death experiences, and extreme heartbreak. But for the moment, Kytex was happy. For all of his moments spent alone, isolated and paranoid, he was now apart of something much bigger.
05-31-2014, 04:23 PM
((Think we're good to conclude there!))

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-01-2014, 04:57 AM
((YAY!! Big Grin))