Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[IC Interview] Expensive Taste.
05-21-2014, 10:15 AM
[IC Interview] Expensive Taste.
Irae thought himself a patient man. Thumbing through his various insiders in ICI gave him what he needed to get ahold of them. A simple message, with his merits: His decorated battles, an admittance to his recovery over his paraplegia, and what he hoped to gain from them. A simple thing, really. He merely wanted a company that could help his recovery from retirement.

Sitting in Ilium's gardens, Irae sipped the tea that accompanied him. Many had pointed out that as a RETIRED priest, he should be allowing himself to "let loose" as they put it. It was foolishness. He didn't avoid the vices of alcohol because of his vows. He refused to allow himself to become so vulnerable.

Where was that representative? He was sure that he or she would arrive by now. Sipping his tea, once more, Irae's lips twitched, as scarlet eyes stared out at the full streets. Then he felt that itch, again. Distrust for everyone. Each one could be an enemy. A spy.

Realizing the train of his thoughts, the Esper placed his fingers upon his temples,attempting to massage the headache that was forming away. He hoped that representative arrived, soon. This was far too many people in one place. That was why he chose it, though. Many people, no chance of some sudden assassination attempt, or unexplained attempt on his life: As long as he lived, there were plenty of foolish people coming to him. If comfort was the price to pay, so be it.

"More tea." The General requested a nearby server, as he set the cup down, carefully, the goatee'd man tapping his fingers together, humming the Hymn of the Six.
05-21-2014, 10:51 AM
RE: [IC Interview] Expensive Taste.
Walking through one of Ilium's gardens, Clara slowed her pace as she walked towards the person she was supposed to meet. She was late on purpose, testing the patience of this new possibile asset. Wearing her full dress uniform, Clara nodded at the various officers and functionaries that passed her by, looking at the high walls and chuckling to herself, "You almost can't tell people are trying to kill each other outside..." As Clara neared the meeting point, she spotted the man she was supposed to meet, he was an older gentleman, fit but there was something off about him, Clara could never get a bead on the hardline followers of the Vigilant Church. Approaching the table he was siting at, Clara waved at a host to send a bottle of wine to the table, "General, I apologize for my tardiness, I do not frequent the city that often and can tend to get turned around." It was a lie of course, Clara knew the city like the back of her hand, but she could tell that hardline conversation wouldn't work with this man.

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
05-21-2014, 07:58 PM
"You," The man began, as he took another sip of his tea, black goatee peaking from under the cup. "are a poor liar." The man said nothing else, for a spell, as he lowered his tea. Instead, he silently examined Clara with those empty and emotionless eyes. Thin lips pursed together, still, the man seemed rather lost in thought, before he spoke. "Well, no matter. I am content. It is rare for me to both have the time and desire to simply not move, so I enjoyed the peace, for a spell...if this could be called peace." Lips twitching ALMOST into a smile, Irae sipped more of his tea. "Would you like a cup? My treat." The statement seemed odd, coming from the torn and tattered lips of the man across from her. "Ah, I should introduce myself, formally. I am Former-General Irae Daes of the Vigilant Legion. Though, now, I suppose it is simply "Irae Daes of Nexus"." He did not seem neither bothered, bitter, nor especially happy by much of anything he said. His tone spoke with emotion, but he kept a careful check on himself, constantly.
05-22-2014, 07:56 AM
As Clara took a seat across from the man she slightly raised an eyebrow as she crossed her legs. Pouring a glass of the wine that had just arrived to the table, Clara placed her hands on her lap and smiled, "Hmm no thank you, i'm not a fan of tea." Removing a dataslate from one of her inner pockets, Clara ran through the former General's impressive military record, covering the events right up to his injury and forced retirement. "So Mr. Daes, why would you want to e associated with my organization?" As Clara spoke she lifted up the glass of wine, gesturing to the gardens after taking a long sip, "You seem to be...comfortable here, why do you want to get back into the fray?"
Leaning back in her chair, Clara observed the Cassian as he mulled over her questions.

05-22-2014, 02:09 PM
"Have you ever become aware of your own weakness, Miss?" The man asked, sliding his cup of tea away, as he steepled thin fingers, eyes steady on her. "I assure you, the sickness that boils up, into your throat when you realize how far one can fall. As you can see, I do, in fact, live comfortably, in my retirement. But that is not enough." Reaching into his sleeve, the priest set down a small poster of the Sovereigns. "You and yours can help me reach my prime, once more. And, with my fixed income, it never hurts to earn more money." he explained, with , as he reached for his tea, again.

"The simple answer is, Miss Clara...I don't like being weak. I want the Sovereigns to help me become strong, again."
05-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Listening to the man as he gave his answers, Clara was taken aback, there was a sadness to his story, but Clara remained emotionless." "The simple answer is, Miss Clara...I don't like being weak. I want the Sovereigns to help me become strong, again." Looking at the small poster, Clara smiled as she took another drink of her wine, "Well, it seems like you have been thinking about this for a while, we can certainly help you with your...physical situation." Leaning forward over the table, Clara locked eyes with Irae, "But know this, we are not some half-way home for lost Cassians and their problems, you will be expected to contribute at a high level, or be cast aside. Can you do that?" Sliding the small poster to her side of the table, Clara smiled at the artwork, "The PR department really out did themselves on this one..."

05-23-2014, 01:28 AM
"I would not have it any other way." he replied with a quick bow of his head. "As you can guess, my strategic knowledge has not faltered. I am more than capable of earning my strength through whatever missions you wish to send me on. What more, I am a member of the Vigilant. I am more than capable of healing upon the battle grounds." The Priest didn't waste time to remind or inform of his capabilities. "If you care little for another soldier, I assure you, I believe I can handle whichever duty was to be headed my way." He spoke calmly. Slowly and precise. Honest. There was an acting to it, however. As though his honesty was only given, because it was the most intelligent thing to be.
05-23-2014, 02:40 AM
"I think a strategist would be the best role for you," Clara nodded, "we have have amassed quite the martial force, having a strategic mind like yours on the front line would be a waste of your talent." Placing her dataslate on the table, Clara waved off a server that approached the table to offer her more wine. "I can't promise you a return to your prior status, but your pay would more than compensate for what you used to make. You will have whatever resources and personnel you need at your disposal of course." As she spoke, Clara slid a red and gold star over to his side of the table with a small leather bound book, "Our medical facilities would also be available for your use if you need any assistance with your condition. Do you have any questions for me?"

05-23-2014, 03:30 AM
This was more like it. Quick and to the point. Steepling his fingers together, the man would glance down upon the red and gold star and the book. Taking both, he silently examined them, opening the book , red eyes scanning the pages, quickly, to get an idea of the contents. "No. I am aware that the Sovereigns reign from a High-blood Family that serves the Scions, dutifully. I have no worry for things asked of me being against any sort of vows." The man closed the book, as he looked up at her. "I believe I am free of other concerns."
05-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Clara smiled, the man knew what he was getting into and looked eager to contribute. "Outstanding. when you have your affairs in order I will send a transport for you, a man of your experience should have the intelligence unit up and running in no time." Standing up from her chair, Clara nodded at the former General, "I'm looking forward to seeing you in action. Enjoy the rest of your tea." With that Clara left the garden, itching to get out of her uniform and back into her nano suit.