Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Medbay (OPEN)
05-21-2014, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 03:30 PM by Ninja Cadillac.)
Medbay (OPEN)
Date: 5/20
Time of Day / Weather: Mid-day / Ship weather

To say Ahlia was proud and eager would be a gross understatement. As she stepped foot into the medbay she would soon be working out of, her mind filled with images of things to come. There would be a lot of pain, a lot of suffering, crying, screaming for a ride home. There would be death, she was sure, because she has never met a doctor who hasn't lost a patient. But there would be purpose and satisfaction in knowing that it had some part to do with her whenever a patient managed to walk out of the doors they likely didn't walk in.

This was -her- place. This was -her- mission. There was something about that thought that filled her with a multitude of positive feelings she couldn't quite describe. But she could not get caught up in that now. She quickly made for the nearest desk, set down her dataslate and the few bags of equipment and personal items she had brought with her, and she waited. She was hoping for something to come up that she could get involved with. She wanted a chance to show just how ambitious she was and how willing she was to become something more than just another doctor here.

She took off her heavy coat, hanging it on the back of the chair and digging through her bags to put on her doctor's coat, followed by a small bottle of hand sanitizer which she applied to one palm before rubbing it around both hands, ensuring she was not carrying anything harmful into the otherwise sterile environment. "Alright, Ahlia... Time to get to work."

[Image: rT40Itl.gif]
05-27-2014, 10:58 AM
RE: Medbay (OPEN)
Walic was not sure why he was here exactly. Something about helping and assisting in a surgery. Something about a new robotic arm or something. He never really paid attention to the message, he was too busy fixing the short range firing reticle on his droid, as well as the nanomite projectile from his healing droid.

Apparently he was supposed to be working with some cassian. He wasn't big on this idea, but he figured hed do his best to help out anyway. Rubbing his hands together he walked into the room designated on his holovid.

He walked in as she was putting some antiseptics on her hand. The smell made him sneeze. Taking her in at a quick glance she was of average hight for a woman, gray hair. Walking up to her he reached his hand out. "Walic, I guess I is here to help with something?"

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
05-27-2014, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 03:25 PM by Ninja Cadillac.)
Ahlia looked over as the chua entered the medbay. She quickly compared the image to the one she had on her dataslate to make sure she had a positive ID on the shorter individual. "You must be... Wall-ik? Am I pronouncing that right?" She narrowed her eyes a bit as she ran the name through her head, thinking of how else it would be said. She turned her red eyes back to him and lightly shook his hand. "You're one of - if not THE - robotics expert here, correct?"

That was one person on the list of things she would begrudgingly need help from. At least until she may learn to do it on her own, but she needed help with anything related to magic or cybernetics. "I may need your help with prosthetics if the need arises. I can handle a little bit, but... I'm unfamiliar with some of the more intricate pieces."

05-28-2014, 03:39 AM
Walic nodded. "Yes, yes, help with something. Something about possibly putting walics arm on person. Bleh, such waste but they say I must help."

Walic began looking around as if confused, then walked back towards the door allowing it to open. In rode one if his more recent designs. A cylindrical robot that was no more than .75 meters by .75 meters. A table was on the top of him that was about half a meter long that was cluttered with all the gizmos and gadgets he thought he may need ranging from an electronical precision scapel to what looked to be a clump of C-4 to what also looked to be ignition powder.

Inside a little compartment door was different extremities for various races. Opening the door he looked to make sure he had what was needed. Arms, legs, toes, feet, almost anything to make something complete again.

"Expert is too big, Walic prefer .... Mmmm, expert will do." Shifting his gauze back at the cassian his green eyes actually doing a once over. Her hands were nice and stable, her eyes were cold and calculating. He almost liked her.

"Walic is proficient in many things robotical. Making things work is fun. Heh, making things go boom is fun too. Walic can make you a robot to carry your stuff in as well. Just not at moment though, very busy. But later."

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
05-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Ahlia quirked an eyebrow at the chua. She'd met a few eccentric individuals in her day, but Walic seemed... Different. "No thank you," she said blandly with a dismissive wave of her hand. "I'm fine carrying my own things. What I would like, however..." She eyed the collection of cybernetic parts. "Well at least I'll need it once the patient is ready, is an arm. He's got dead tissue from a separation just above his elbow and we're gonna need to cut a bit off to attach the mechanical pieces to healthy tissue."

She tapped her chin as she thought. "How long would you estimate it will take to get all of this done? Are we talking hours or..?"

05-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Walic scratched his head messing up his green hair. Not that it wasn't messy already.

" Depends on damage to nervers.... These biotic arms are non-removeable. Walic thinks maybe hour and a half to attach nerves to connectors allowing the electronic signal from brain to go through to allow proper movement for elbow and fingers... There's 5 right" searching through the different arms in stock. Looking back he caught the glance of the woman. He turned towards the cybernetic parts and nodded.

"Maybe in less pressured time walic give you class on cybernetics. Very fun. Very fun."

Walic nodded to himself and began rummaging around again. Finding what he believed to be a proper arm for the subject he pulled it at and showed it to the Ahila.

"This take much time to learn to move. Stronger than real arm, much more power, less likely to break like fragel bone." He eyes the arm with much admiration and love. " Also depends on weither we move skin to make look more real."

Placing the arm on the tray he turned back towards the woman nodding. "Walic is ready when you is. Walic will be ready to get this done."

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
05-30-2014, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 05:41 PM by Ninja Cadillac.)
The grammar was beginning to wear on her a bit. It's not that she had an issue with chua or any other species, but she worked hard in her education to make something more professional of herself and now she was working with a chua who failed to speak in the first-person. "Right... Well let's get to it, then."

She turned and made for the operating room designated for the procedure. She tied her hair back to keep it from interfering with the operation, then proceeded to clean her hands before putting on her gloves and scrubs. "How many people have you worked on, Walic?" she asked just before stepping into the room, eyeing the patient on the table, ready to be worked on.

05-31-2014, 03:27 AM
Walic grabbed a pair of gloves off of his little table, stepping inside of the operating room he looked at the patient who was lying under a blue sheet. Moving over towards the side that still had a full arm he began taking measurements for the arm and for the base in which all the nerves were going to be attached into cables to pick up the signal of moving parts.

While ignoring the doctor he bagan working as if it were just another day in the shop. He began pulling out screws, and rods, metallic bands, grinders, and pliers.

Grabbing some of the bands he began shaping them into circles for the base that was going to be around the live part of the arm, there was going to be others made, clamped, and screwed into the bone for structural support. After completeing the base, it kind of reminded Walic of the cans that some people still fed their animals from.... Which reminded him of a dirty prank someone tried to play on him once.

That in turn angered him and he threw the base on his table making a loud BANG.

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White