Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[IC Interview] Up in da club [closed]
05-22-2014, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2014 01:10 AM by zbug84.)
[IC Interview] Up in da club [closed]
Clara walked into the lounge, tired after a long day of recruiting and ready to take some time for some R&R. Walking past several hosts and dancers, she walked up the stairs toward her personal office. It wasn't like the one she used in the mountains, this one was posh, lined with personal awards and comfortable furniture. As she sat down at her desk, Clara pulled up two messages from the clerk downstairs **Ma'am there are two people waiting for you in the waiting room. A female Draken and Cassian, both have passed security inspection and are available at your convenience.**

Reading the message, Clara sighed loudly, After taking the role of Hand it seemed all she did was travel and talk to people. It felt like she hadn't killed anyone in ages, "Oh if daddy could see me now, in a office doing paperwork like a good little functionary..." Clara thought to herself. Pressing a key on the intercom, Clara spoke in a tired tone, "Send them up, and give one of them a bottle of caffeinated whisky, i'm thirsty."

[Image: BSM-Test_zpsf11a4753.png]
A member of the BlackSky Community
05-23-2014, 04:24 AM
RE: [IC Interview] Up in da club [closed]
Zylla was not used to waiting. For her, "waiting" was something she did at the same time as she did something else... like getting done the thing she was supposed to be waiting for.

She'd been directed to this place by a surly Draken warrior when she asked for places to find a job by making things blow up. The warrior's first reaction was to send her over for recruitment to his battalion... until she told him her clan, and then he couldn't be more prompt in getting her as far away from him as possible.

The place was nice, tho'; overly soft, especially for Draken standards, so she did her best to add a little hardship to the wait by sitting upside down on the comfy couch at the reception, legs crossed in the air and long tail swaying left and right as she played on a small handheld gaming device she'd salvaged from the trash and repaired.

"Miss Fitzroy will see you now." The clerk announced.

"David! No, wait.. Roger. It's 'roger', right?" Zylla said as she rolled forward to stand on her feet. She gave a toothy grin and a thumbs up to the Cassian woman in the room with her. "Nailed it!"

--

"Hell-o!" Zylla poked her head through the office's door. The caffeinated whiskey she'd gulped down was starting to add extra jitters to her baseline hyperactivity; how nice of that clerk to give her the bottle!

"I'm Zylla! Zylla of Clan Shattersoul of Mikros!" She entered without waiting to be asked, walking briskly and shooting her right hand forward, only the hand was holding the half-emptied whiskey bottle. So she switched it to her other hand. "I'm here to make things go boom!"

[Image: tumblr_n9isgnQSyh1qkky4zo1_500.jpg]
05-23-2014, 11:47 AM
Unlike the Draken that sits in the waiting room beside her, Dominitia is the very model of quiet patience, sitting politely with her legs crossed at the knee and her hands in her lap.

That is not to say that she is without her own sense of curiosity, as her friendly gaze traces about the room, taking in the details of every little thing while she waits to be called. This included the Draken beside her as well, whom she inspected with a friendly smile, giving her a little wave before realizing that her attention was absorbed by the video game.

She all but bolts up off of the couch when the clerk announces that Clara will see them now, straightening out her silken dress and giving herself a bit of last minute primping before following along in the wake of the Draken, far enough back to avoid getting tail swiped. Chuckling at the energy that the Draken seemed to project, she was content with standing in the background and looking pretty...for now.

"Dominitia, formerly of Family Demetrias." she offers after Zylla, crossing her hands in her lap and giving a polite bow.
05-23-2014, 12:35 PM
"I'm Zylla! Zylla of Clan Shattersoul of Mikros!"Confusion, slight anger with a tinge of curiosity, as the Draken burst through the office door Clara thought it had to be some sort of joke at her expense. The Shattersoul Clan was known for being a little bit off, at least compared to other Draken which wasn't saying much. The Cassian woman that followed behind her was the complete opposite, polite and quiet. Rubbing her temple, Clara sighed at the Draken as the pair stood in her office, "Well since we are apparently discarding formalities, both of you have a seat please." Clara gave a stern eye to the drakken as she noticed the half empty bottle of what she assumed was the whisky she was having brought up, "I'm glad you enjoyed my beverage..."

Sifting through the records on her computer, Clara brought up the files on the prospective Sovereigns, "So why do you think you each should be allowed to join our organization?" Standing up, Clara walked around her office, stopping at her comm station and pressing one of the keys, "Have a host bring up another bottle please, it seems the last one was appropriated." As Clara walked behind the two guests, she ran her fingers through her hair. "I swear they are sending me just about anyone that can walk..." Clara sighed, the day taking its toll on her nerves.

05-23-2014, 01:27 PM
"I'm glad you enjoyed my beverage..."

"Yes, it's tasty!" Zylla nodded, putting the bottle on the desk. "The clerk gave it to me and said 'you better take this with you', and I thought 'this is really great service!'"

"So why do you think you each should be allowed to join our organization?"

"Well, I make things go boom." The Draken girl nodded. "No matter where it is. You want something exploding? I can get there and explode it, even if I have to toss a Chua over a fence. Have you ever tossed a Chua over a fence? They scream very loudly, just before the explosions begin!"

"Anyway! I'm really good at exploring and scouting. If it's high, I'll climb it! If it's deep, I'll jump down to it! If it's far, I'll walk to it! Of course if I can get some wheels to get to it, it's better, but walking is half the fun! Running while being chased by something you awoke from an ancestral sleep that is trying to eat you is double the fun! I'm not speaking from experience, of course, no, no, no... "

"OH! I also play a mean air guitar!" Zylla stood up and slipped a strange device through her right fingers; there was a slight shimmer in the air, and when she waved a riff, an actual guitar sound echoed in the air around her. "Like it? I put it together myself! It triangulates motion sensor and laser signals and summons a vibration wave from the Void to make the sound!"

05-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Ah, so that was what the bottle was for. Dominitia had thought it rather odd that the host would have served the young Draken a drink right before the interview, especially since she hadn't been offered one as well.

Listing patiently, Dominitia waits for her turn to speak, knowing that there was no chance that she was going to be able to get a word in edgewise around the excitable Draken. There was something charmingly demented about her that amused Dominitia, and she even went so far as to clap once the air guitar solo is complete.

"I am not certain whether I would be a good fit for your organization, as the information that I have been able to gather on my own about your operations is...sketchy at best. Suffice to say however, I have no qualms with doing whatever I must in order to secure my future, whether with your organization or the next." she says matter of factly, her tone pleasant and professional.

"I will offer that I have a knack for nanotechnology, as well as the strategic application of bladed weaponry to the vital organs of designated targets." she adds, offering a winning smile.
05-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Clara stood by the door as she waited for the host to bring her the new bottle up. As she listened to them both speak she straightened some of her awards that were knocked out of place when the Draken arrived. "Zylla, your clan is known for its...unorthodox lifestyle, will to be able to handle yourself in a team? And please do not attempt to turn my office into your own personal sound stage." After hearing a sharp knock on the door, a female Cassian brought the fresh bottle of whisky and placed it on Clara's desk. Looking in Zylla's direction Clara cleared her throat, "If you touch that bottle, you will be losing an arm darling." Looking over Dominitia as Clara walked back to her desk, she sat down and poured the bottle into a large glass, "Dominitia have I seen you around the club? Your face looks familiar to me."

05-24-2014, 08:14 PM
Dominitia chuckles and crosses her arms under her breasts, giving herself a little hug that nudged her bosom into a more flattering configuration.

"Oh, I suppose it's possible. I've done a little bit of dancing here and there, and I might have spent a couple of nights here in the company of some of the patrons that weren't looking to pay your prices. Of course, given the choice...I would much rather be making what your girls are making..." she says, narrowing her eyes slightly and glancing over at Clara.

"That is why I'm here, after all..." she adds with a wink and a smile.
05-25-2014, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 03:42 AM by Coyotzin.)
Zylla was pondering how interesting would be to lose an arm, and whether she'd be able to find it afterwards, but decided against it, since she wasn't sure which arm the Sovereign officer meant, and she was rather fond of the left one. The point was moot anyway, why would she want the other bottle when she hadn't finished the first one? And with that reminder she flicked her tail to give the aforementioned bottle a shove, before catching it with her also aforementioned left hand, giving it a chug, and putting it back on the desk.

Nailed that as well.

Her attention returned to the room after Dominitia gave her answer.

"Aaaah, so you're looking for a snu-snu job?" She asked the Cassian, no judgment in her voice. "Nah, not me; I prefer to have my snu-snu time when I'm not doing something else already."

"SO!" She snapped abruptly back to their interviewer. "You've heard of my Clan! Nifty! Not many outside Mikros do! But I bet you've only heard those surly Bloodfire people talk about us, right? Well, we have noooo problem working as part of a team. Actually, we're FANTASTIC as team people for one simple reason..."

She hopped on the chair, crouching on the seat and leaning forth towards Clara, balancing herself by sticking her tail straight back.

"We care diddly-twat about personal honor and glory... unlike the rest of my people." She winked. "It's the other Draken who don't like to team up with us, 'cause we remind them of how insignificant their single, individual lives are in the grand stage of the universe, 'cause we call them out on their self-aggrandizing crap... and because that..." Her tail snapped to the right. "...is..." It now snapped to the left as she stood up fully on the chair "...our job!"

She finished her sentence with a flex, one foot on the seat and another on the back and tipping the chair forward. She hopped to the floor and her tail stopped the chair from crashing to the floor, evening it back to its normal position.

"The rest is a secret you'd have to earn through our Bloodrites." She smiled, all vestiges of seriousness gone. "But! You're dealing with me, Zylla! Not my Clan!"

She bowed, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"I can bring the riffs to your club..." She riffed again with her Void-powered music gloves.

"Or bring the pew to your foes..." There was a flash of light at the end of her hands, caused by two bright golden sigils, and suddenly she was holding two mag-pistols. She twirled the guns around and actually made "pew" noises when posturing, before sending them back into the Void through another pair of sigils.

"Ta-da!"

05-26-2014, 09:04 AM
As Clara leaned forward in her chair, she placed her hands together on her desk, "Miss Zylla, if you would like to be a part of this organization, you will be expected to act like an adult in public...my office included. We have no place for childish antics, and we have an image to maintain. If maintaining a modicum of composure is something you don't think you can handle, you are free to leave." Leaning back into her chair, Clara took a long sip from her drink, the caffeine beginning to perk her up, "Miss Dominitia, how would you feel about a clandestine position? You would be free to entertain here or anywhere else you would like to, your pay would take a noticeable increase of course."

Tapping a few keys on her work station, Clara began to pull up a brief history of the company and its core tenets. Continuing to drink from her glass, Clara stretched, waiting for their responses.