Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seele
05-24-2014, 05:01 AM
Seele
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: (If you only have one character you do not have to state an alt). Seele
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: (If you use neither please state what other community sites you are active one relating to WildStar) My Enjin Name is JabberJack
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: Seele
IM Contacts: (We use Skype primarily) Castironfish
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? Pacific standard time, late nights and weekends currently
Are you eighteen or older? (Please state your age if you can.) I'm 27

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? I did, and I do

Where did you find us and why do we stand out? I first saw the guild on the official wildstar forums and then when I was on wildstar roleplay Sin commented on my introduction thread and I decided to take a look.

Would you like to join our Guild Skyp Group? And or the Guild Mailing List? Yes I would

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc? Currently no

What are your primary playstyles?
(Casual / Medium / Hardcore RP, PvP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting) I like to run dungeons, raid, level alts, and be part of social groups and rp. It's not uncommon for me to be rping over IM while leveling alts

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
(We are newbie friendly, if you need help we will teach you). I started roleplaying on neopets back in 2004, and then in 2011 I started rp in world of warcraft through twitter RP.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
(Gives us an idea of what forms of Rp or themes you will not participate in.) I do not like scenes involving hurting a child or sexual assault. Other than that, Everything else is good.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay?Yes, yes I am.

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse? I secretly love rping out the fall out from bad life choices. It's something I love because character development happens.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?
(Could be a simple as being banned from guild IC hubs, or being openly mocked, or worse.) Yes I would. All I ask is for there to be ooc communication

About the Character
NOTE: The following information will create the foundation of your IC Interview, and also let us know more about your character. Answers in character and you may use third, or first person. Answer respectively for your chosen Faction.

Why you here? Who you looking for, stranger?
(Your faction and ICly why you wish to join them.)The aurin wrinkles his nose, "I'm looking for work." His tail curled and uncurled irritably. "I'm tired of being lonely."

How you'd you hear of the outfit?
(Where did you hear of the. Note you may assume that you know of some of their exploits, their leaders, and so on and so forth.) "Most people know a little bit about the Malverines. Me, I heard they were a good group ready to spit in the dominion's eye."

Didn't get your name stranger, what is it? What class you again?
(Name and class.) His ears flicked for a moment, "Seele." He replied finally then opened one side of his duster to show the pistol at his side, "Spell slinger friend."

Fine then. What can you bring to the table? And where we suppose to put you?
(Your occupation, and character skills and strengths.) "I'm a good shot. I can climb, and I'm not half bad at scouting. I'd offer my cooking skills but most of my cooking no one else wants a piece of. I'm determined to prove I'm useful." He rubbed his chin, "I got spunk, determination."

What baggage you caring?
(Weaknesses and character faults.) Seele rubbed his neck for a moment. "I lost family, I mean everyone has. Sometimes I'm stubborn and reckless. I'm tryin' ta stay clean ya know. But I got a good heart."

Well the, finally, what do you think of the enemy?
(You may assume your character knows something of the opposite faction Malverine or Sovereign, explain their thoughts on them. And the Dominion or Exiles.) A sour look crosses his face. "I'm not a fan of the dominion." His ears fold back, "Not after Aboria."
05-25-2014, 05:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2014 05:24 AM by ShadowedSin.)
RE: Seele
SEELE. Sup mate. Lets start the OOC interview, please note this is our NEW set so its not like -anything- you've seen in the older apps.

1. Take a moment to read our guild rules again, and tell us a bit about your thoughts on conflict resolution? What were your thoughts on our guild rules in general?

2. The BlackSky Community holds a set of key values including brotherhood, and strong guild identity. We focus on common interactions in the community, but believe in building our collective guild community first, why do you think we do that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-25-2014, 05:42 AM
1: The guild's rules and structure are a big part of why I am drawn to this guild. There is no ambiguity to the rules, everything is clearly explained with examples. I've spent time as an officer in a small rp guild in world of warcraft and I cannot stress how much I love having cleanly defined rules.

Conflict resolution to me is very important. There is a tendency for small fights to fester and turn into problems, which is why I value ooc communication.

2: My short answer is because it's silly not to. From reading the lore, the Blacksky is a family. With brothers and sisters. No one in a family wants to feel left out or ignored or that they don't belong. Focusing on building community is essential to this group and how they operate because of the ideal that we are family.
05-25-2014, 06:45 AM
1. As a member what do you desire from your guild leader and officers? Then what do you think they can realistically accomplish?

2. As a member in turn what can you desire to do to improve, or better the guild? What do you then think you can accomplish?

3. What can both do to build a strong healthy guild?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-25-2014, 07:16 AM
1: I desire to be on good terms with my GM and their officers. I would like rp events and for them to be open to events that other players suggest, and that is basically what I think they actually can do. I do not expect my gm and officers to determine my actions in the game.

2: I would like to help contribute to the community, as a player and as a friend. I like being able to make people smile or groan with puns and other jokes. I have experience in farming crafting materials from other games and do use that to help contribute to the guilds I join. I really like running dungeons with guildies and taking moments to rp during the run as well.

3. Communicate, avoid falling into the clique trap that sometimes occurs in rp settings. Staying respectful and courteous to each other. The little things like saying hi or asking if people want to do something really do help.
05-25-2014, 08:52 AM
1. Please take a moment and read our rules on lore and roleplay. In your own words express what think of our openess on character types (as in the structure of the faction roles) versus our standards of RP and characters.

2. Lets discuss consequences, limits and how they affect roleplay content. In our guild we have core values of Rp such as the Grey Line, the Adult Factor, and that Old Table Top. Why are these factors important to roleplay, and storytelling?

3. Our guild utilizes various methods of storytelling, but we in general organize our primary storyline into episodic content, then categorized into seasons. Why do we do this? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

4. BlackSky has its own fanon, but we also prefer a conservative stance on the more speculative topics of Lore. What are your thoughts on this?

5. If we do not acknowledge certain aspects of fanon or headcanon as a group are you okay remaining in character and ignoring them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-25-2014, 11:04 AM
1: I really like having that structure. It opens possibilities. For example my aurin, I originally applied for a scouting job. But I didn't realize that scout wasn't listed in the job opening. This is actually exciting to me because there's an opportunity for my character to be put in a situation that isn't his ideal. I really like the standards because it makes better characters. I've seen other players try to build up their character by giving them ties to major npcs. Having the standards and the guild jobs ultimately makes a better character.

2:Oh boy. I am drawn to characters that have a bit of a skewed moral compass. By this I mean that they do have good parts, like the elderly mage that likes to read to children, but is also an unrepentant addict who has done some messed up things to get his fix. Having that ambiguity is what makes a character more fun to play with. Having the grey line structure makes more compelling stories. This world isn't all sunshine and gum drops and exploring the development that can happen in the fall out of these situation makes a great read. I don't have much experience in tabletop gaming so I don't have much input on that aspect.

3; To make it easier to integrate new members as well as giving the guild a solid story arc. The disadvantages to this would be coming in mid season, or having a real life event happen and missing some of the fun. Advantages would be that after a while, there's a nice bit of story to revisit. It also has the benefit of not being overwhelming or intimidating to new players.

4: I like keeping a conservative stance on lore that is not set in stone. It keeps things realistic, and not too far out there. The fanon helps give a starting point to why a character would be here, what is their purpose and history.

5: I am absolutely okay with ignoring them. As much fun as fanon and headcanons are, ultimately they are not canon.
05-25-2014, 10:11 PM
1. Why do you like the themes, lore, and feel of your chosen faction?

2. What do you think of your factions perception of history, and the BlackSky (united) History of the conflict?

3. The Malverines are a Hovercycle Gang, based on real life Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs. The Sovereigns are a Paramilitary outfit backed by a power family, and Pinkerton Dective Agency. Why does your character fit into your faction?

4. What faction businesses is your character going to work for? Do you have plans to add yoru own business, if so what? If not, what are you adding to your current business?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
05-26-2014, 05:30 AM
1: When I first started to look into the game, I figured I would probably play a Draken. But I read the lore I could find on the exiles. Then I started to really get excited at Granok (Giant stone golem people? yes please.) And really curious about Mordesh. And then the Aurin caught my eye. My original plan was to roll a human spellslinger. But I tried out the aurin, and the opening cutscene was ultimately the determining factor. I like the scrappy underdog feel, the you can't keep us down and the humor present. I relate better to the exiles because I wanted to be the scrappy underdog fighting back against my bullies.

2: I think it's a family feud gone to the next level. Parts of it make me a bit sad, and other parts I can understand completely. And I mean sad in the senseless violence and backstabbing way. Overall I appreciate the story and I have questions. Is Cathal the son of Nymph and Seamus? Or is he related to them further down the line.

3: Seele currently is a bit lost. He is looking for a new home after dominion wiped out the small group he was with. He's trying to find his feet and find a new family group, and is a bundle of emotions. I think that he would actually fit in with the Malverines as he wants to be part of a family group and he does want to fight for them.

4:I am not 100% sure. When I applied I missed the current job posting listings and said my desired position was scout. But now I see that the open listings are chef or cook, and dancer as well as bookie or loan shark. I'm actually starting to like the idea of perhaps he wants to join as a scout but will take anything. Including dancing. If he did go this route I could work it into his character. If he did become a dancer or a cook, it would be a job that he would do to the best of his abilities. As for growing a business, perhaps he branches into selling drugs on the side. I don't know yet how things will turn out in rp or if it would ultimately make sense.
05-26-2014, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2014 06:27 AM by ShadowedSin.)
Cathal is the eldest of three children of Nymph, he has a Cassian half-brother.

1. From what you've read, and seen from BlackSky, what can you as a person bring to the table? What do you hope to gain from being a part of our guild? What does your character bring and gain?

2. Our guild focuses on -retention-, and the long game. We focus on values of patience, Most of us are here not just for WildStar, but to be part of the BlackSky community, what is your perspective?

3. To be active in our guild we ask people to maintain in game and forum participation. Including discussion and roleplay respectively. Why is this important for a member and for us as a community to do?

4. We encourage open minded discussion, acceptance, and in our chats are filled with a variety of topics. We discourage people to make generalist statements about heated topics; we encourage them to not antagonize others? Think about this for a moment. Why do we have this attitude? Why do we care about discussion? But why does word choice in some circumstances, matter?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser