Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
G'day
05-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Smile G'day
Hi everyone! My name is Aaron and I'm an alcoho– wait, no I'm not! I'm just an average[ish] geeky 28 year old from Melbourne, Australia, who has played far too many MMOs for his own good and has a penchant for writing (as many of you do I suspect) and editing. I also really love mythology and symbolism, particularly Celtic mythology—I blame Enid Blyton for getting me obsessed with pixies, goblins and brownies as a child.

My very first MMO was UO, but I wasn't completely hooked by the genre until WoW (again, like many of you I'm sure). Since then I've played many more over the years. EQ2, Warhammer Online, Star Wars Galaxies, EVE, Aion, Rift... you name it, I've probably at least tried it. Been looking for another to settle down in properly for a while now, and I think Wildstar might just have what it takes Smile

As far as roleplaying is concerned, I've been in a few RP guilds in the past (in WoW and WAR), and I'm currently playing a Pathfinder campaign with a group of friends. I've found that roleplaying in MMOs tends to give me stronger roots in the game, so that's why I'm looking for a good group to engage with in Wildstar. Plus Chua. Don't ask me why (perhaps Blyton's fault again), but I've always had a thing for short, crazy races. Ratonga, gnomes, goblins, [drunk] dwarves. So when they revealed the Chua as the final Dominion race—I tell ya, it was love at first sight.

Outside of leisure, I'm back at school to get my Bachelor of Arts after having worked for six years as a lab technician. I'm currently working part-time on the side doing admin/clerk type stuff—pretty boring, but it pays the bills—and freelance proofreading/editing work where I can get it. Speaking of which, if anyone would like me to look over any of their writing I'd be quite happy to (time permitting of course). It's all practise for me, and one can never get enough of that Smile

Good to meet you all, and if there are any fellow Aussies or Kiwis here, give us a shout. It'd be good to know I'm not alone in my timezone Smile
05-27-2014, 06:39 AM
RE: G'day
I'll forgive you being Dommie side cause you play Pathfinder. <3 (jk jk!) HI! I love Pathfinder myself and miss running campaigns. Hope you're having fun
05-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Who there?? Chua hear something. Vermins maybe? Must remember to get vents cleaned again, yes yes.
Hmm, have sudden urge to burn tree. Planet 45658b...good times, yes.
Tongue

Yeah, having a blast, thanks :-). My gnome bard just found himself an iron shield golem, so pretty stoked about that.
05-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Hey Aaron! Nice to meet you. I spend (or did spend, school is my bane) a lot of time writing, so I may totally take you up on that offer!

[Image: xERefdA.gif]
05-29-2014, 12:56 AM
Nice to meet you too Val, and by all means Smile
05-29-2014, 05:06 AM
Hey mang, sorry you missed the last round. We should have one coming up later this next month or so. Depends on how fast these probates earn their colors Big Grin

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
05-29-2014, 09:57 AM
DIE DOMMIE DIE! ...well atleast haaaai from an ooc pov Big Grin
05-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Ah yes, another target for me! Nice to have you aboard!

"Curses are blessings with darker wrappings."