• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aysel Carrington Application
06-02-2014, 03:28 AM
Aysel Carrington Application
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: Aysel
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: WSRP: Adelyn
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: IGN: Aisel
IM Contacts: (We use Skype primarily) glitter_liz, CM_Callerovia on Twitter. I'm a mutual follow of the Malverines there.
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? CST, late nights/early mornings and weekends.
Are you eighteen or older? (Please state your age if you can.) Yes. 29.

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? Yes.

Where did you find us and why do we stand out? Twitter. I am impressed with your inclusivity as someone that is bigender and queer with a fiancee of the same gender. Accepting guilds are difficult to find.

Would you like to join our Guild Skyp Group? And or the Guild Mailing List? Yes please.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc? I am in NovaStar Coalition Exile side on my Esper, though I might put my Stalker in Blacksky.

What are your primary playstyles?
(Casual / Medium / Hardcore RP, PvP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting) Medium RP/PVE/Dungeons

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
Extensive. I have lead 300+ person RP guilds for over 2 years, ran numerous events, and been an officer in most every other RP guild I have joined.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
No ERP, no rape, no character death, no sexual torture storylines.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay? Yes.

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse? Yes, provided the humiliation does not extend to OOC. I've had that happen before where IC is confused with OOC and it is unpleasant.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them? Yes.

About the Character
NOTE: The following information will create the foundation of your IC Interview, and also let us know more about your character. Answers in character and you may use third, or first person. Answer respectively for your chosen Faction.

Aysel is a Spellslinger that is a proud Soldier as well. She was injured and nearly killed when the Dominion invaded Arboria, and an Aurin saved her leg and her life with a heavy, "Someday, you'll owe me." Aysel finds herself frequenting neutral areas of congregation on Nexus, though her pride as a Cassian and a member of the Dominion is fierce.

Aysel is quite queer, though still in the closet. She has not yet met her intended partner, whom will be played by my fiancee. She is reconciling her sexuality at the moment, and attempting to deny her attraction to the fairer sex with varying results.

Aysel is very charismatic, and fun to be around. She seems to be in high spirits often, and enjoys the finer things in life. She occasionally frequents the Apothecary run by Adelyn Cometblaze. Rumor has it Adelyn is the Aurin that she owes her life to, though Aysel will not confirm or deny this.

Aysel spends her time when not on missions or excursions reading, working out, and at any available place she can safely fire a gun. She is a very good shot, and proud of it. Aysel can be boastful, but she does not do so to hurt others.

Why you here? Who you looking for, stranger?

Aysel is looking for a bit of direction. Since recovering from her injury, she is a bit lost. She is a woman that is driven, but without a goal in sight tends to spend her days shooting cans or picking up odd jobs.

How you'd you hear of the outfit?

Aysel has heard of the Talyn family.

Didn't get your name stranger, what is it? What class you again?

Aysel Iris Carrington, and I am a Spellslinger as well as a Soldier.

Fine then. What can you bring to the table? And where we suppose to put you?

Mm...I'm a damned good shot, and a trained Soldier. I would do best I suppose on missions that require a steady hand, good aim, and perhaps some beers.

What baggage you caring?

I...I uhm. *she shuffles her feet, chewing her lip* I think I...I know. I know I am attracted to women. Beyond that? Well, that's more than enough to be getting on with right about now. I just...Can't deal with any other issues at the moment.

Well the, finally, what do you think of the enemy?

To an extent, I think that the Exiles are going about this whole thing all wrong. Nexus is our birthright. On the other hand...I wonder if peace could ever be something to achieve.

I'm not beyond putting a bullet into someone's skull if they cross me or mine, however. There's things a woman just doesn't tolerate.
06-03-2014, 01:52 AM
RE: Aysel Carrington Application
Hey Aysel, we're currently on a slight app freeze I can leave it here and you can reply to the Waiting list if you wish :3

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
06-15-2014, 09:37 AM
1. Take a moment to read our guild rules again, and tell us a bit about your thoughts on conflict resolution? What were your thoughts on our guild rules in general?

2. The BlackSky Community holds a set of key values including brotherhood, and strong guild identity. We focus on common interactions in the community, but believe in building our collective guild community first, why do you think we do that?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-15-2014, 09:54 AM
1. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the guild rules. It is rare to find a guild that understands what triggers are, and states that it expects its members to respect them. I like the conflict resolution and the ways in which infractions are handled. In the past I have been provided screenshots to prove disagreements when I was GMing, and required them. As a member of guilds, I have had my screenshots and chat logs flat out ignored by GMs that were friends with the people that I was having conflict with. I have no doubt that Blacksky is NOT that kind of place, and that all complaints will be handled seriously, regardless of the parties involved. (This occurred when I was addressing issues about an Officer clique to a GM.) I think it is very important to have a zero tolerance rule, as that sets the standard that ill behavior and slurs are not to be tolerated. As someone that is on the transgender spectrum and queer, I appreciate this.

As for respecting the community, when I was a GM I told my guild members to behave properly, and that their ill behavior could reflect back on the guild as a whole. If someone is rude or behaves badly, it damages the guild's reputation.

Ahhh, drama. With RP servers, that's everywhere. I try to avoid it. I find that the most drama I see is with certain sects of RPers. I go out of my way to avoid these people, and have already blocked those I know that have 'travelled' to WildStar from other games that I know are problematic. I believe in removing yourself from the problem, not starting shit for the sake of being dramatic. Walking away and using /ignore works wonders.

I think that the guild rules are structured to be what they are to provide the best experience that can be had in-game. I wouldn't change a thing. Those are some of the most concise and welcoming rules I have seen in my time playing MMOs.

2. Without a strong guild community, there would be no focus or direction. Building up the Soverigns and Malervines members and the storyline first means that the Blacksky community can provide the server with better, more engaging roleplay. If we know our storylines, lore, and actions, we can go out into the world and interact as banners of what a solid roleplay experience should look like.
06-16-2014, 02:43 AM
1. As a member what do you desire from your guild leader and officers? Then what do you think they can realistically accomplish?

2. As a member in turn what can you desire to do to improve, or better the guild? What do you then think you can accomplish?

3. What can both do to build a strong healthy guild?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-16-2014, 03:08 AM
1. As a member what do you desire from your guild leader and officers? Then what do you think they can realistically accomplish?

I don't want to end up in a guild where there is a clique of officers again. I want open communication, fairness, and honesty. I expect that conflict will be handled professionally, and that officers and the guild leader will do their best to foster a welcoming guild environment.

As for what they can accomplish--That is difficult to say. Without knowing each officer's schedule, I would say that within the realm of their availability, officers and the GM should create events, RP opportunities, and PVE content runs as time permits. I place IRL over in-game, and believe that no-one should feel pressured to play when they aren't feeling up to it. Burnout is common in MMOs, and I think that steps need to be taken to avoid it.

2. As a member in turn what can you desire to do to improve, or better the guild? What do you then think you can accomplish?

Collect crafting materials, offer help with RP, PVE quests, etc. I can also help to further RP storylines, and create engaging characters that are meaningful to the guild moving forward. Realistically, I work 60-80 hours a week. My time is incredibly limited. I also have school. I play Wildstar for about 6-10 hours a week, if that. I do my best with the time that I have.

3. What can both do to build a strong healthy guild?

Network. Build the guild as a whole through team building, RP, and meaningful discussion. Work together to address problems, and most of all--have fun.
06-16-2014, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 05:24 AM by ShadowedSin.)
1. Please take a moment and read our rules on lore and roleplay. In your own words express what think of our openess on character types (as in the structure of the faction roles) versus our standards of RP and characters.

2. Lets discuss consequences, limits and how they affect roleplay content. In our guild we have core values of Rp such as the Grey Line, the Adult Factor, and that Old Table Top. Why are these factors important to roleplay, and storytelling?

3. Our guild utilizes various methods of storytelling, but we in general organize our primary storyline into episodic content, then categorized into seasons. Why do we do this? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

4. BlackSky has its own fanon, but we also prefer a conservative stance on the more speculative topics of Lore. What are your thoughts on this?

5. If we do not acknowledge certain aspects of fanon or headcanon as a group are you okay remaining in character and ignoring them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-16-2014, 05:49 AM
1. Please take a moment and read our rules on lore and roleplay. In your own words express what think of our openess on character types (as in the structure of the faction roles) versus our standards of RP and characters.

I think that the structure is in place for order, and to allow characters to grow along their own path, while still finding a place within BlackSky. The IC structure allows for new recruits to advance with a purpose, instead of, "Oh, you've been here for a month--have an obligatory promotion." it also means that you have to work for it. Sweat equity, if you will>

The openness of character types means that there will be more opportunities for RP, with more exciting outcomes--instead of being trapped by the same old thing.

2. Lets discuss consequences, limits and how they affect roleplay content. In our guild we have core values of Rp such as the Grey Line, the Adult Factor, and that Old Table Top. Why are these factors important to roleplay, and storytelling?

The gray line and the adult factor are intriguing to me as an RPer that is nearly 30. I have found many guilds that approach this very badly. Either they use it as an excuse to cover up an ERP guild, or to blatantly troll/grief/trigger others under the guise of, "Adult RP can be graphic!"

Having played many tabletop games, I also think that tabletop rulesets and progress is helpful while in a heavy RP guild. This ensures that there is always a further 'story' to tell, and characters are not just sitting around waiting for something to happen.

3. Our guild utilizes various methods of storytelling, but we in general organize our primary storyline into episodic content, then categorized into seasons. Why do we do this? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

I think that this is done for planning and overall guild story arc sake, and is certainly interesting. Episodic content means that both regular members and officers have something to look forward to, and can structure their character's involvement as their time in-game permits. The advantages are definitely scheduling, planning, and organization, as well as overall involvement. It is easier to get involved if you know where an episode or season is going, rather than just starting 'walk up' and praying you have a destination in mind.

A disadvantage could be that people feel left out if their character is not very outgoing.

4. BlackSky has its own fanon, but we also prefer a conservative stance on the more speculative topics of Lore. What are your thoughts on this?

I think that speculation is all well and good, but Lore is canon for a reason. Abiding by it is preferred. I am all for bending it in certain well done cases, but this is rare. I think that all too often Lore is broken for people to 'god mod' or give their characters 'special' abilities outside of Canon, or justify trauma/backstory. Lore should be regarded as the final say in most circumstances.

5. If we do not acknowledge certain aspects of fanon or headcanon as a group are you okay remaining in character and ignoring them?

Yes.
06-16-2014, 06:05 AM
1. Why do you like the themes, lore, and feel of your chosen faction?

2. What do you think of your factions perception of history, and the BlackSky (united) History of the conflict?

3. The Malverines are a Hovercycle Gang, based on real life Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs. The Sovereigns are a Paramilitary outfit backed by a power family, and Pinkerton Dective Agency. Why does your character fit into your faction?

4. What faction businesses is your character going to work for? Do you have plans to add yoru own business, if so what? If not, what are you adding to your current business?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-16-2014, 06:55 AM
At this point I'm not sure that I can honestly commit to such a vast RP and long-term events, having looked over my upcoming class schedule and RL work schedule. I think it's for the best if I pursue a more casual RP guild, as I don't think I have the time to be a valuable asset given my IRL commitments.

Thank you for taking the time to interview me.