Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
An Armload of Trouble [6 / 6, 1668 | Sassy and Wild | Kytex and OPEN!] [FIN]
06-08-2014, 02:29 PM
An Armload of Trouble [6 / 6, 1668 | Sassy and Wild | Kytex and OPEN!] [FIN]
"No. You will not get oil until you've completed your assigned tasks. I could care less how you feel about doing menial labor for anyone other than the Domion. I found you, saved you, brought you back to a fully operational status, and you will do as you are told in return." A certain bounty hunter murmured as he lounged in a yellow Marauder chair at his own personal minibar, eyes glazed to the flatscreen on the right as a very fine and seductively dressed Draken lady danced a very mesmerizing dance on screen. Apparently he had figured out a way of hijacking a Dominion adult entertainment network.

It was at this point that his ship, aptly yet ironically named 'Serenity' drifted around the Sassy and Wild before coming to a stop right next to it, pulling out the landing gears and planting its feet firmly onto the ground with a big 'hrrmph' as the hydraulics kicked in and kept the ship up.

The hatch slowly opened, breaking Kytex's attention away from the incredibly desirable and exotic dancer. He let out a big sigh: today was his first day on the job. It's not exactly that he didn't want to work, although surely that held some part in his feeling of unease, but he was feeling more nervous...perhaps even shy than he usually did. He's never been one for strangers, and he doubted he ever will be after the events that led up to his capture and his struggle in captivity. But this was a chance to start over, to reinsert himself into society after living alone for so long.

He had to do it.

He also had to curl up into a ball to prevent breaking any bones because before he knew it, the arm loader had grabbed him by the scruff of his collar and flung him out the hatch and into the grass. After tumbling a few feet, he managed to spit out a bit of dirt and recover his footing...only to look up and see a keg hurtling towards him.

This was his new life.

Lying on the ground next to the silver keg that now bore a light imprint of his face, dazed and horribly concussed, he wondered why he had even bothered to put up with such a psychopathic, childish little robot as the arm loader he had found? It practically tried to strangle him when it first woke up, and decided that the most appropriate reaction to accepting its new job of loading the bounty hunter's kegs of homebrew was to throw every piece of furniture in the ship out onto the lawn. However, as...difficult as it was, Kytex could not simply lug silver kegs that measured around his size while they were full. He needed the arm loader.

And by the faint sounds of the arm loader's gears whirring in laughter, the arm loader couldn't have been anymore indifferent to his plight.

So Kytex believed that the best approach to this new life was to simply lay there in the grass, head throbbing and nose bleeding, until the Chua loader had decided to stop throwing all twelve of his kegs at him and until his vision stopped being blurry. (Thankfully, most of them missed him and the building.)
06-09-2014, 01:51 AM
RE: An Armload of Trouble [6 / 6, 1668 | Sassy and Wild | Kytex and OPEN!]
Seele had heard a ship landing and peered out from his vantage point under the crawlspace of the sassy. He'd been checking to see if Chompachabras were under the deck, as odd as that seemed. He just didn't want to repeat what he'd seen happen in Galeras.

As he slunk out of the crawl space he winced at seeing kegs being thrown. He leaned against the building as the arm stopped throwing kegs.

"D'ya need a medic?" He asked as he shook dirt off and brushed himself down.
06-09-2014, 05:48 AM
"And a rusting agent to put in that arm loader's joints. Blasted device." Kytex placed his hand against his nose and held it up. Blood. Quite a bit of it.

"Kytex Lanoah, a new recruit. Salutations, comrade. Do help me get some medical attention, I fear I might not the strength nor balance to get up and walk to one."

A tattered leather bag flew out after him, narrowly missing his battered face with a 'whud' as it plopped onto the ground by one of the kegs.

"...There should be a few healing syringes in that bag. Hit me with one of those, if you would."
06-09-2014, 06:06 AM
"That thing gonna go for me if I get near ya?" He asked as he pushed off the building and started to mosey to the bag. He fished in the bag for a healing syringe. "Y'can call me Seele. Dancer for the Sassy." He added before jabbing Kytex with the syringe.

"Y'wanna come inside before that thing throws more shit atchu?"
06-09-2014, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 06:13 AM by Desiraela.)
The metal door behind the main deck of the Sassy would open. The sun hits to the blue Aurin's face as she'd part her lips to yawn, her arms stretching overhead. Sleepy eyes wouldn't open, her arms resting each to cross between her kitty ears as she'd sway her hips into getting her before the coffee machine. Her tail was willing to place the mug and push the buttons where she was not, swinging from side to side behind her.

She actually had clothing on this time, the mostly white jump suit that fitted tightly to her form was washed nightly, dried and worn each day. She did her best to keep it looking fresh and presentable.

The woman doesn't seem to have noticed the sounds from the earlier racket.
06-09-2014, 08:19 AM
"I made sure to put everything out of range of its reach this time around...but I would like to go inside nonetheless."

Kytex grabbed up his bag and hefted himself onto his feet with a huff, brushing himself off. "My first priority, however, is getting these kegs in. After I found the arm loader, I told the boss I'd be able to deliver the moonshine. It turned out to be more of a brandy than a beer, so I hope no one decides to grumble over it. Mind helping me get the kegs rolled in?"

With that, he simply began rolling the tipped over kegs inside. As he did, he peered over to the Aurin with blue hair and a rather...tight wardrobe. "...Ma'am." was all he managed to muster up in his partially flustered, mostly concussed daze, looking away and going back to simply roll the kegs over to the bar counter and off to the side. "Would you happen to know where the other kegs are kept?" He inquired in his usual devoid-of-most-emotions voice, his dead looking eyes peering back only at the tightly dressed Aurin's face, never once looking down to...scan her, for lack of a better term.
06-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Seele flicked an ear at Kytex's voice. "Okay then.' he replied as he moved to a keg and started to push it into the Sassy. "I reckon the room b'hind the bar.' He stated as he pushed the barrel in. The smaller than average Aurin fought with the keg as he got it behind the bar. "Mornin Dee." he stated as he nodded to her then headed back outside to fight with the rest of the kegs. He paused, "The salve helped, my hands feel loads better this mornin"
06-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Dee turns to the pair, letting her hands finally come from the top of her head. Each hand would curl around the heated container as she'd bring the coffee to her lips and take a long drink. Pausing, she'd look to the new face curiously before her gaze would fall to Seele. Her tail wags vibrantly with a happy jostle as she'd perk up a smile for him.

The reaction was a quick one, her body soon feeling fast enough to keep up with her tongue. "Good morning~ I'm glad its doing better but if you don't mind, I'd want to take a look at them when you're done." She'd look down to the kegs then behind herself to the metal door. "Hmm...well, there's nothing back there so it's probably best to put them out of the way of the staff and customers...when we get customers." The woman couldn't help but chuckle, bouncing her way over to the door to open it.

"The name's Desiraela. I'm set to work here. I'm guessing you're apart of the staff too?"
06-09-2014, 09:14 AM
"Newly recruited. Kytex Lanoah. Pleasure." He nodded to Dee with a bit of a gruff reply. "...Pardon to both of you if I end up coming off as aggressive or moody. I've been through a lot in my life and I just want you two to know that it is nothing personal."

He began rolling the keg to the backroom with a sigh, propping the brandy-filled kegs on its end with in its own area next to the other kegs. The bounty hunter walked out, leaning against the bar counter, pinching the bridge of his nose as the rest of the pain left his head. "It also may not exactly help that my new arm loader likes to make my job more difficult." Kytex growled under his breath, massaging his forehead with the palm of his hand as his severe nosebleed began to cease.

The Aurin looked to 'Dee', and figured he ought to explain what happened, if to distract himself from the fact that his duster probably had quite a bit of blood on it by now. "I found a Chua arm loader, and it turns out it acts exactly like the Chua. Go figure. Damn thing practically broke my neck when I first booted it up. Since then its been finding ways to 'accidentally' kill me. Such as lobbing kegs full of alcohol at my face."
06-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Seele paused, then gave her a quick nodd. "I just hope that I can dance with'em all burned up." He sighed as he wiggled fingers, "Maybe later I'll try it." he shook his head as he went back outside, to re-enter with a keg.

"That arm loader of yours is vicious. It threw like ten kegs at you." he huffed as he rolled the keg back behind the bar. "Eh. Takes all sorts. Y'need a rag?" he asked as his ears flicked.