Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SOV] Zukanga's Application
06-15-2014, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2014 07:00 AM by Zukanga.)
[SOV] Zukanga's Application
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name:
Zukanga
Enjin / WildStar Central Username:
Raban
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky:
Zukanga
IM Contacts:
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes?
-7:00 GMT
Are you eighteen or older?
11 years older....I'm 29. Still look 16 though. Big Grin

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy?
Yes, and mostl....I mean always.

Where did you find us and why do we stand out?
I found you all again quite by chance while looking for an RP guild in Wildstar. I saw Sinned's name and made a little girl noise.

Would you like to join our Guild Skyp Group? And or the Guild Mailing List?
I have been a member of it through my entire long absence, and I miss your lovely voices.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc?
No, I am a friendless, lonely bastard that haunts the empty spaces of the net.

What are your primary playstyles?
Keyboard and Mouse.....but really, anything is fair game, love to raid and instance, love to destroy in pvp. RP 4 LIFE. And Im going to be making facemelting guns as a weaponsmith dommie side.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
I have roleplayed in like 70% of the mmo's released since DAOC, I have tabletopped since I was 10, and I frequently playact at my family gatherings.....only my brother understands.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
I'm not scared of you, bring your HC RP, I thrive on it.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay?[/b
]I will generate it like a mature themes space-heater.

[b]What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse?

I realize that penalties range from social embarrassment of our characters up to expulsion from the guild, either IC or OOC, depending on circumstances. If it happens to my character and it follows the logical evolution of the RP I put myself in, then I'm not gonna fight it.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?
As unlikely as this seems, if it should come to pass, then Im sure the punishment would give me some form of Masochistic pleasure, since once again, if I put myself in that situation, I'm probably enjoying your ridicule.

About the Character

Why you here? Who you looking for, stranger?
I was born, and will die, as a loyal weapon in the hands of whichever Talyn captains the Brightstar. Sovereign, until my blood is cold in my veins.

How you'd you hear of the outfit?
I have had the honor of serving as a security detail to the Talyn clan since I was first blooded, following in the footsteps of my broodmother and her father. I have returned to the Sovereign hoping to continue my loyal service to the grave.

Didn't get your name stranger, what is it? What class you again?
I am Zukanga, a Draken Spellslinger, and a well trained soldier.

Fine then. What can you bring to the table? And where we suppose to put you?
I know no life but the one I was born to, soldiery. I have an excellent record in combat, having spilled the blood of 17 Blacksky invaders before they shot me full of holes and left me to die, taking our ladies broodlings with them. Now that the Mechari have returned me to a vital state, I will take great pleasure in acting as the killing blade of our Captain. My focus has been security up until this point, and I would welcome a position where I could protect the Talyns from further harm. I also still carry all of my tattooing gear for The Blood Ritual, should it be required of me.

What baggage you caring?
I was near the Great Hunters blade the day our captains brood was taken, my body fell in a pool of my slain enemies blood. The Mechari have remade me into what they said would be a far more efficient killer, but the cost was great. I will never dance with my blade again. I will not see the beauty of the sun rising over the plains or the fury of the fiery blood of a world spilling out. Targeting computers fill my damaged eyes, and gears and pistons fill the halls that lean sinew once walked in my arms. But my blood is still my own, and with it I will spill the life of the Blacksky's crew.

Well the, finally, what do you think of the enemy?
Foolish rebels, soft and complacent tree-rats, diseased walking corpses, and statues with bad drinking habits. If they have a strength it is that they inspire complacency with their joke of a military. Only by subterfuge, theft, and cowardice do they ever gain victory, and any such victory is by nature hollow and temporary.
06-15-2014, 09:39 AM
RE: [SOV] Zukanga's Application
No Zukanga has asked and been granted permission to use past history of the Talyn-Reily feud in his past.

QUESTIONS!

1. Take a moment to read our guild rules again, and tell us a bit about your thoughts on conflict resolution? What were your thoughts on our guild rules in general?

2. The BlackSky Community holds a set of key values including brotherhood, and strong guild identity. We focus on common interactions in the community, but believe in building our collective guild community first, why do you think we do that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
06-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Number 1- I agree to all of these rules, and did not find myself with many questions at the end. Conflict resolution in an OOC setting is extremely important because much of what can occur in the IC world is not constrained by any existing rules in the game interface, so it falls to us as responsible and mature individuals to be the watchdogs for how the RP will play out in a constructive and hopefully always entertaining and engaging manner.

Numero Dos- Without a strongly tied group of individuals, there is no reason for us to interact with other Role-play groups. I say this because, like I said in my previous answer, it is only our unified attendance to our common set of rules that fabricates the reality we are role-playing in. If our group cannot weave that reality around even our closed group, how can we expect outsiders to want to partake in our story with us?
06-16-2014, 02:43 AM
1. As a member what do you desire from your guild leader and officers? Then what do you think they can realistically accomplish?

2. As a member in turn what can you desire to do to improve, or better the guild? What do you then think you can accomplish?

3. What can both do to build a strong healthy guild?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-16-2014, 05:31 AM
Firstly- As the leadership of an RP guild, there are a number of things that look for that the leadership here has already demonstrated before, and hope I'll see again.The fabrication of an overarching storyline, the in character reinforcement of the core guild ideal, as well as fostering RP whenever they can are all desirable qualities in an RP guild's core.

NEXT!- As a member I need to ensure that my character is well fleshed out in a manner that makes them fit into the guilds story arch. I need to engage my guild members and leadership in a manner conducive to the rules while maintaining the IC atmosphere and story ideal. OOC I need to ensure that all of my interactions with both leaders and other guildies stay within each individuals boundaries, and relate any transgressions in this ideal to the officer core, ensuring a safe environment for us all to tell our stories together.

And then.....- Find those RPers who bring well developed characters, plots, and ideas to the table. Help members who seem shy, confused about how to engage in RP, or just like they aren't enjoying themselves integrate into both the fictional and RL group that makes up the guild. Ensure that no IC disputes boil over into OOC disagreements, and vice versa. That is the beauty of RP, we become someone different, leave your baggage at both sides of the door.
06-16-2014, 06:09 AM
1. Why do you like the themes, lore, and feel of your chosen faction?

2. What do you think of your factions perception of history, and the BlackSky (united) History of the conflict?

3. The Malverines are a Hovercycle Gang, based on real life Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs. The Sovereigns are a Paramilitary outfit backed by a power family, and Pinkerton Dective Agency. Why does your character fit into your faction?

4. What faction businesses is your character going to work for? Do you have plans to add yoru own business, if so what? If not, what are you adding to your current business?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-16-2014, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 03:23 PM by Zukanga.)
The Sovereign's lore appeals to me because it seems like a morally well balance twist on the general imperial fascism feel of the Imperium. We don't just hate the Exiles, we hate specific Exiles. And for what sounds like very good reasons. They have stolen and kidnapped from us, and the idealism of the Imperium just feeds into the anger and thirst for revenge that would seem to be the motivating factors behind the Sovereign crew.

The Sovereign has clearly been wronged along with the Talyn family by the underhanded attacks perpetrated by those Blacksky dogs. Seamus Reilly should accept that Captain Talyn's escape won those children a better, more stable life, and hes robbed them of that life by taking them from the safety and structure of the Dominion.

Zukanga was among the soldiers handpicked by Commander Garg to guard Captain Talyn and her children. He comes back to the crew of the Brightstar after his rehabilitation by Mechari surgeons, hoping to rejoin the commander's guard of the Talyn family.

Zukanga hopes that his service to date will allow him reentry as a bodyguard for the Talyn family. However, since he failed to prevent the capture of the Talyn children, I can IICly see him hired as a lower level security worker, like a bouncer at Radiance or even a warehouse or delivery watchman, depending on how the family feels about his return. He also has a great deal of skill as a tattoo artist, having all the necessary equipment, a well practiced hand and knowing how to do the markings for the Blood Ritual.
06-17-2014, 02:41 AM
1. From what you've read, and seen from BlackSky, what can you as a person bring to the table? What do you hope to gain from being a part of our guild? What does your character bring and gain?

2. Our guild focuses on -retention-, and the long game. We focus on values of patience, Most of us are here not just for WildStar, but to be part of the BlackSky community, what is your perspective?

3. To be active in our guild we ask people to maintain in game and forum participation. Including discussion and roleplay respectively. We also ask members to be patient and proactive in creating / seeking out roleplay opportunities. Why are these important values / ideals?

4. We encourage open minded discussion, acceptance, and in our chats are filled with a variety of topics. We discourage people to make generalist statements about heated topics; we encourage them to not antagonize others? Think about this for a moment. Why do we have this attitude? Why do we care about discussion? But why does word choice in some circumstances, matter?

5. To us a guild cannot function without a strong sense of communication, even just simply have OOC communication. Why is that important?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-17-2014, 07:44 AM
As a person I bring years of writing experience, a quantifiable addiction to fantasy fiction, and a long history of playing in a wide variety of RP environments. While I"m here, I hope to spend my free time with a group of like minded individuals, participating in what appears to be a dying artform, communal creative fiction. My character brings undying loyalty, and takes comfort in knowing he has accomplished his goal of protecting his Captain and her family each day.

If not for certain RL complications, I would have been a part of this gaming community since GW2, and would love to remain a part of it as long as the group stays together and maintains its style of interactive storytelling.

As far as participation, without groups of active roleplayers, potentially dynamic scenarios can fall flat and stale. Also, if a character/ player is not active in a majority of the group RP, they can tend to become disconnected from the main story arc that keeps the group unified. If a player is not actively seeking out, participating in, or generating new scenario's, then again, they tend to become wallflowers in a place where you really should be dancing.

Its important among diverse groups to foster an air of acceptance of all creeds, viewpoints, and social groups. Agreeing to disagree in such settings allows us as a group to easily gloss over any ideological differences and focus more on our characters interactions with their viewpoint on similar topics in a virtual setting (Nexus) without having our RL viewpoints bleed into the characters. As for the word choice, certain sociological backgrounds lend great influence and impact to various terms. Maintaining a fairly neutral ground by simply not using any of these "loaded" terms helps to maintain that sort of social safe zone created by avoiding the aforementioned heated topics.

This last question brings me back to the wallflowers in an RP setting. They become the equivalent in the real world of someone who goes to a party and sits in a corner alone, watching others interact. We have to communicate so these people can join the party. If the host cant, then other party-goers should go and introduce themselves, invite them out to dance, or drink....try the cheese table, man. More seriously though these people tend to drift away from the guild at all if the lines of communication are broken, not to mention those who are involved with the guild not being able to effectively participate if guild communication starts to break down.