Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Back-Dated Make it work [6/15, 1668 | Sassy and Wild | Cathal, Seele]
06-17-2014, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 02:25 AM by Seele.)
Make it work [6/15, 1668 | Sassy and Wild | Cathal, Seele]
Seele grumbled as he held the clip board. Doing inventory sucked, but what else was he going to do. The floors had been swept and mopped. He'd treated the bar top with mineral oil Wiped down every available inch of surface that could be wiped down. And now he was taking stock of the inventory. It might still be under construction but by god, he might as well act like it was completed and regularly serving.

The small male sighed as he went over what had gone missing between yesterday and today and how much the till had changed. 'Mother love it." he swore softly as he tucked the board back where it belonged.

[Image: tumblr_inline_n78f430KST1r2j7br.gif]
I am #1 dead cat.
06-17-2014, 08:22 PM
RE: Make it work [6/17, 1668 | Sassy and Wild | Cathal, Seele]
Catha was doing his usual amount of drudgery that day trying to maintain supplies for the Saloon. A recent problem had occurred after Gralk had put out that damn warrant for his head. Now he was dealing with folk cutting his inventory orders, over "legal" matters. Damn Gralk, and damn the dirty High Judge he worked for. Cathal hadn't even done a thing, only been a Reily.

He came back from talking to a contact in Thayd to the new location for the Saloon when he walked into see the place utterly spotless. This is new. His thoughts were shattered when he heard Seele swear something.

"Wha's goin on?" the man asked as he looked around the Saloon with a inquiring glance.

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
06-18-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: Make it work [6/17, 1668 | Sassy and Wild | Cathal, Seele]
Seele looked up, oh it was the boss. He grabbed the clipboard as he hopped up on a small box behind the human side of the bar.

"Hi Boss. I was doing inventory is all." He stated as he offered the clipboard to Cathal. "I ran out of things to clean." He added as he looked around the bar. He felt like he should add more.

The short male leaned on the counter. "Those are the inventory counts for the past few days."

I am #1 dead cat.
06-18-2014, 07:08 AM
RE: Make it work [6/15, 1668 | Sassy and Wild | Cathal, Seele]
It was somewhat comical to watch a small creature, like an aurin, carrying a clipboard. It was as if one of those ancient cassian animal fables had come true and was walking up to give him the business. Then again the Reilys had always had a silent perchance for queer racism in their past. SO perhaps they were talking about some ancient spacer who had discovered the aurin.

"Ye did all the inventory, wit out bein' told, an by yerself?" he asked trying to mask his amazement. This was almost as strange as meeting that weird proper sounding Mordesh, and the weird blue aurin.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-18-2014, 03:29 PM
"Uh..." He looked up silver eyes wide. "Was I not supposed to? I mean I've been goin' a lil' stir crazy. I figured I might as well be useful an' take on doin' inventory b'fore I clean the whole bar away."

His tail curled and uncurled with some uncertainty, "I've been trying to make sure We ain't eatin' ya outta house an' home as well."

I am #1 dead cat.
06-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Cathal took all the work in at once. The result of which was he seemed to get overloaded, by all the work that Seele had taken on. So much had gone on that there was for him to note. Without even slowing down he began to mental chart, and note all the bits that had been completed before his arrival. Not much more could be done at the moment really. Inventory was donoe, and so was the cleaning. In fact it looked like all the basics of administration were far beyond ready and done.

"Well done, boyo," he said lightly. Slowly the boss began to find his words, as he walked over toward the bar and activated his datachron. The AI answered as Reggie began to fill him in on the inventory.

"Seems we gotta order more from a local brew," the man uttered as he noted a drop in local orders.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-19-2014, 02:14 AM
He stood with baited breath as the boss paused. An irrational voice in his mind whispered that maybe he'd messed it up. The small grungy aurin shifted from foot to foot as he waited. This was what? his second time ever answering directly to the boss.

At the small praise, Seele beamed. "Thanks Boss." he stated as he followed Cathal to the the bar. His ears flicked towards the man as the datacom started to talk. Seele tilted his head.

"Does it got the 12 an' countin' barrels we got from Kytex Lanoah?" he asked curiously, "An I could find a way to order more of th'right stuff."

I am #1 dead cat.
06-19-2014, 05:26 PM
Kytex was providing goods? That weird little auring that had originally called him a marauder was somewhat competent? That thought alone gave Cathal the shivers. He took a moment to steady himself as he gave a slow nod. Seele appeared to be suddenly up on cloud nine with being given a positive review. How beaten was the poor kid? Cathal's eyes lingered upon the clean status of the bar itself as he noticed it had been -well- oiled.

"Interesting, well if Kytex can move goods thats excellent. Didna know we had a smuggler here," he sighed as he noted the rising tariffs with local suppliers was getting more than annoying. He started to wonder if he pissed someone off in the Algoroc Accord.

"If ye can get this place runnin again I think a promotion is in the stars," he stated.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-19-2014, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2014 06:53 PM by Seele.)
"Well. I dunno about smugglin' He says he makes it. With Gunpower innit." He replied, as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Could prob'ly get him t'smuggle. Maybe find another source for inventory too if we need." He added.

Seele's ears flicked, "Getting it runnin' is tough but that ain't th'ard part. That bits keepin' it runnin'" he replied. "Right now th'folk I seen here regularly have been me, Dee, Honey, Kytex, and sometimes Big Red. T'get the place going I need at least two more hands that'll actually do th'work." He shook his head as he rubbed his forehead.

"Did make a coupla smalls sales already tho." His ears flicked at the faint sound of someone nearby

I am #1 dead cat.
06-19-2014, 07:53 PM
"I can get ye the hands, that ain't th eproblem. Most Malverines work here as is, if they work as grease monkeys they can help build, an' repair shit." He replied. Cathal then turned around and found a seat to rest just a tad. Still tired, he leaned against the bar as he sat in one of the stools. Soon his pipe was out and being lit with a new bit of tobacco to satisfy his nicotine habit.

"If Kytex ain't smuggling then lets just wait ont hat. Already got a price on me head, dun need ta make it a bigger one now, eh." Cathal added with a stretch.

"Until the Malverines expand this be our main business, so I'll hire all future Prospects ta work here directly for now," he stated.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser