Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Malv] Wendee "Red" Thorne
06-18-2014, 06:53 AM
[Malv] Wendee "Red" Thorne
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: (If you only have one character you do not have to state an alt). Wendee
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: (If you use neither please state what other community sites you are active one relating to WildStar) Wendy
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: Wendee
IM Contacts: (We use Skype primarily) You could PM me on Enjin. I don't currently use any IM software or Skype
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? Central US. Generally I play starting sometime after 5pm
Are you eighteen or older? (Please state your age if you can.) 42

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? Yes

Where did you find us and why do we stand out? I found you via both the official Wildstar forums and the Wildstar RP community. You stand out because you offer a wide range of roles within the guild and I wanted a criminal/grey style guild that wasn't too far into 'black hat' territory.

Would you like to join our Guild Skyp Group? And or the Guild Mailing List?

Mailing list - Yes (I already am on the mailing list I believe as it was an email that alerted me that recruitment was open again.)
Skype - No

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc?
No

What are your primary playstyles?
(Casual / Medium / Hardcore RP, PvP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting)
Hard Core RP
Casual-Hardcore PVE (I go through phases where I am doing tons of pve content and then phases where I just RP and more or less ignore game mechanics. This is particularly true at max level as I just don't have time to raid consistently.)
PVP - Casual
Social - Medium - Hardcore
Dungeons/Crafting - Casual - Medium, again depending on how much I am focused on RP.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
(We are newbie friendly, if you need help we will teach you).
In RL I have been roleplaying in tabletop since the early 1980s. I've only been RPing in MMOS for about 3-4 years now but it is my preferred MMO playstyle.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
(Gives us an idea of what forms of Rp or themes you will not participate in.)

I'm don't want my character killed or mutliated without my consent. Mutiliation meaning loss of limbs or major scarring (Things like burn scars, major scars on the face, etc.). I do not consider things like brands, tatoos or minor scars to be mutilation. I am up for pretty much anything else however.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay?

Yes I am.

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse?

I'd prefer my character not get killed or mutilated. I'd assume that'd only come up if my character did something really bad though, like betrayed the guild in a treasonous way so it shouldn't be a problem.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?
(Could be a simple as being banned from guild IC hubs, or being openly mocked, or worse.)

I would.

About the Character
NOTE: The following information will create the foundation of your IC Interview, and also let us know more about your character. Answers in character and you may use third, or first person. Answer respectively for your chosen Faction.

Why you here? Who you looking for, stranger?
(Your faction and ICly why you wish to join them.)

I'm not looking for a particular person. I am looking for a group, the Malverines. I have had some issues with some pretty shady people and going it alone is simply no longer feasible for me. I have skills that can make it worth it for me to join your ranks and the people after me are not a thread to you they are simply a threat to one woman on her lonesome.

How you'd you hear of the outfit?
(Where did you hear of the. Note you may assume that you know of some of their exploits, their leaders, and so on and so forth.)

Before I came to Nexus I was part of a free trader crew. We'd heard lots of tales of the exploits of the frigate that most of you came from. We used to hear about you at various ports of call and there was almost a romantic air to your exploits, at least for a struggling free trader crew!

Didn't get your name stranger, what is it? What class you again?
(Name and class.)

My name is Wendee Thorne but lots of people call me Red. *She points one finger at her red hair* I used to fight against the nickname but after awhile I gave in. I'm what you might call a gunslinger though I have a few mystical skills to throw around as well. ((Spellslinger.)) I don't claim to be the fastest draw on Nexus or the most powerful wielder of mystical energy but I can generally keep myself alive and out of harm's way.

Fine then. What can you bring to the table? And where we suppose to put you?
(Your occupation, and character skills and strengths.)

Well, as I said above, I know my way around pistols but I don't claim to be some kind of super soldier or anything. Generally I'm the girl ducking for cover and shooting at the bad guys until I get a chance to retreat. I was talking to a member and they told me of the various roles you have in your group and I was thinking I could be a support member of some kind? I might make a good spy, hacker or security tech. If you need me too I could also work in the Sassy and Wild saloon in whatever role you all find me most suited for. I can cook or serve bar. And if need be I can even be a dancer or waitress. Maybe after I prove myself and get some more training I can work my way up to a bounty hunter or judge? *She blushes bright red* I could even work as a *she whispers very quietly* courtesan if needed.

((I'm sorry that was so long winded. It's what I can see Wendee doing as she sort of mentally runs down the stuff she can do! Oh and I picture the courtesan as being like Inara from Firefly.))

What baggage you caring?
(Weaknesses and character faults.)

Well, as I mentioned before I have some people after me. They're not a big group, maybe half a dozen of them, but they're more than I can safely handle alone. I've also pissed off a few members of the Dominion in my time as a free trader and even their tax collectors have looked for me from time to time! Luckily I'm not enough of an issue for there to be wanted posters or anything! *She pauses as she thinks* I can be impulsive sometimes.

Well the, finally, what do you think of the enemy?
(You may assume your character knows something of the opposite faction Malverine or Sovereign, explain their thoughts on them. And the Dominion or Exiles.)

The Dominion is a bunch of uptight elitist prats. They also have no sense of humor,whatsoever. As for the Sovereigns, if I remember the tales right they sound even more underhanded and treacherous than your typical street gang. That's really all I have to say about them!
06-18-2014, 07:15 AM
RE: [Malv] Wendee "Red" Thorne
It has begun:

1. Take a moment to read our guild rules again, and tell us a bit about your thoughts on conflict resolution? What were your thoughts on our guild rules in general?

2. The BlackSky Community holds a set of key values including brotherhood, and strong guild identity. We focus on common interactions in the community, but believe in building our collective guild community first, why do you think we do that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
06-18-2014, 07:46 AM
1) On the guild rules:

The guild rules seem to consist of "Don't cause drama" and what we called ICA = ICC in another guild I was in in a different game, basically in character actions = in character consequences. I'm the type of person that avoids drama and doesn't have time for it even if she wanted to get involved. And I'm quite aware of the second part so that's not a worry.

As for conflict resolution: I am generally the type of person that sort of rolls with the punches most of the time. If a conflict does arise I generally will bring it up to an authority figure if it is serious (like someone harassing me ooc) or try to work with the other person if its less serious or even just agree to sort of give each other space if that is what is needed.

2) Building guild community.

For me this one is simple. The community is great but the guild is, or should be, home. You don't want people who are just sort of here you want people to bond and become friends and work together so we all have fun and enjoy our time here.
06-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Excellent answers, we are a long term institution Big Grin

1. As a member what do you desire from your guild leader and officers? Then what do you think they can realistically accomplish?

2. As a member in turn what can you desire to do to improve, or better the guild? What do you then think you can accomplish?

3. What can both do to build a strong healthy guild?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-18-2014, 02:36 PM
1) All I really -need- from guild officers and the leader is to keep the guild running and to resolve any issues fairly. I welcome guild leadership that makes stories for me but am capable of finding my own RP fun so am essentially a low maintenance player. It probably comes from having been an officer in RP guilds and seeing both sides of that equation.

2) Hmm...that's a tricky question without having seen the guild dynamics. In general I can contribute by being active in RP and hopefully helping to spawn stories when possible. I know this sounds silly but I can also be helpful simply by not causing more work for the guild leadership. Wink

3) This question somewhat feels like a summary of the first two. In general the officers and the members are in a partnership as far as making the guild work well. The leaders have to keep things up and running but the members have to do their part, which is, in my experience, a bit easier than what the officers have to do. (As an officer in that other guild I mention I spent a lot of time in tells, resolving issues and setting up storylines and such. It could get a bit tiring! Wink )
06-18-2014, 05:16 PM
1. Please take a moment and read our rules on lore and roleplay. In your own words express what think of our openess on character types (as in the structure of the faction roles) versus our standards of RP and characters.

2. Lets discuss consequences, limits and how they affect roleplay content. In our guild we have core values of Rp such as the Grey Line, the Adult Factor, and that Old Table Top. Why are these factors important to roleplay, and storytelling?

3. Our guild utilizes various methods of storytelling, but we in general organize our primary storyline into episodic content, then categorized into seasons. Why do we do this? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

4. BlackSky has its own fanon, but we also prefer a conservative stance on the more speculative topics of Lore. What are your thoughts on this?

5. If we do not acknowledge certain aspects of fanon or headcanon as a group are you okay remaining in character and ignoring them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-19-2014, 03:06 AM
1) I am not 100% sure what you mean by the structure of Faction roles. I assume you mean the jobs available to each faction IE, bounty hunter, spy, waitress, etc. I wanted to make that clear before I answer.

If my assumption is right then it appears you are open as far as allowing characters to have jobs that aren't specific classes or paths but you wish combat abilities and such to be both lore specific (for that class/path combo) as well as not overpowered. It all seems pretty reasonable to me.

2) The Adult Factor: I believe this is important as it widens the available story types and also allows the stories to be more mature. If you allowed those under 18 into the guild it would need to be kept at a somewhat pg-13 level which could limit the available types of stories. In addition those under 18 put responsibility onto the guild members as they have to monitor themselves and their behavior more closely and that can detract from being able to relax and have fun.

Grey Line: Moral ambiguity, like the above, widens the available story types. In Firefly Mal was generally a good person but he did sometimes cross lines. Jayne was more towards the 'dark' end of the spectrum but he had his moments of light, etc. This made the characters more interesting. The grey line is, in fact, why I applied here. Many of the other criminal style guilds seemed to come across like they were more on the dark end of that spectrum whereas my character is more of a female Malcolm Reynolds.

Tabletop: Honestly, this one is explained pretty darn well in the writeup in the site. It encompasses by IC adventuring and OOC bonding. In our tabletop games we spend at least as much time talking and joking as we do RPing and it is in many ways, a way for us to spend time together.

3) Episodes in particular mimic the adventure session style of tabletop games. This allows for short term self contained adventures/stories. Breaking things down into seasons gives the potential for one coherent story-line with a beginning, middle, and end, complete with Big Bad if we go the Buffy route. Those are the primary advantages. The disadvantage is that it can sometimes become difficult to tell one long narrative rather than shorter term self contained narratives. In TV, shows like the X-files show it can be done but it takes a lot of planning.

4) I've played in other MMOs with strong IPs (Star Trek and Star Wars spring to mind) and it is important to abide by canon because the world/universe is what drew players in the first place. It also keeps everyone on the same page and generally makes it harder for Mary Sues to show up. "No, you're not more powerful than Darth Vader, sorry, that's not possible in canon."

5) Yes. My character is fairly general in her background and abilities for this very reason.
06-19-2014, 04:40 AM
1. Why do you like the themes, lore, and feel of your chosen faction?

2. What do you think of your factions perception of history, and the BlackSky (united) History of the conflict?

3. The Malverines are a Hovercycle Gang, based on real life Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs. The Sovereigns are a Paramilitary outfit backed by a power family, and Pinkerton Dective Agency. Why does your character fit into your faction?

4. What faction businesses is your character going to work for? Do you have plans to add yoru own business, if so what? If not, what are you adding to your current business?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-19-2014, 05:19 AM
1) Honestly I was drawn to the Exiles because they reminded me of the Browncoats from Firefly. Also there seemed to be more freedom in characters as the Dominion felt, again referencing Firefly, like the Alliance so the range of characters would be more constrained. I liked the idea of being independent yet also being an underdog.

2) I believe my character isn't as interested in the whys and hows. She primarily cares that the Exiles offer her freedom even if it is hard and she has to fight to keep it. She knows the general history of the Blacksky, that it began as a feud between two sides of a family and that various events down through the years have only made it worse. As far as the Exiles go she has a somewhat naive view of them as pure freedom fighters. She's not dumb but she also hasn't seen the dark side to the Exiles in action.

3) She fits in because, again, it comes down to freedom and the ability to do more or less what she wants. The Sovereigns are far too regimented for her tastes.

4) I mentikoned this briefly in the applicaition but it is my belief that she would work, at least initially, in the saloon. Over time she may work her way up to other jobs and if the oppurtunity arises she may make her own business but that will come as I RP and grow into the character more. As for what she adds to the business, I figure she'll add a versatile character who is able to fill almost any role but has hidden depths that will hopefully help her become more useful as time goes on.
06-19-2014, 05:33 AM
1. From what you've read, and seen from BlackSky, what can you as a person bring to the table? What do you hope to gain from being a part of our guild? What does your character bring and gain?

2. Our guild focuses on -retention-, and the long game. We focus on values of patience, Most of us are here not just for WildStar, but to be part of the BlackSky community, what is your perspective?

3. To be active in our guild we ask people to maintain in game and forum participation. Including discussion and roleplay respectively. We also ask members to be patient and proactive in creating / seeking out roleplay opportunities. Why are these important values / ideals?

4. We encourage open minded discussion, acceptance, and in our chats are filled with a variety of topics. We discourage people to make generalist statements about heated topics; we encourage them to not antagonize others? Think about this for a moment. Why do we have this attitude? Why do we care about discussion? But why does word choice in some circumstances, matter?

5. To us a guild cannot function without a strong sense of communication, even just simply have OOC communication. Why is that important?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser