Grethe
06-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Grethe
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: Grethe
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: Grethe
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: Grethe
IM Contacts: None
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes?East coast US.
Are you eighteen or older? Yes, I'm 21.
Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? Yes.
Where did you find us and why do we stand out?
I found you folks on the WildStar roleplay site (wildstar-roleplay.com). A combination of a mature atmosphere, steadfast storytelling, and commitment to lore caused the BlackSky and BrightStar to stand out for me.
Would you like to join our Guild Skype Group? And or the Guild Mailing List?
I'd like to join the guild mailing list, but will hold off on the Skype group for now.
Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc? I'm a member of a circle for sharing mining nodes, besides that no.
What are your primary playstyles? RP, and PvP to a lesser extent.
About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience? I've roleplayed for 10 years now. I began in tabletop RP and Lineage II and continued through WoW, GW1/2, and others. I have guild leadership, large DnD style events, and longterm storyline experience.
What are your primary Roleplay Limits? I won't participate in ERP. And I object to character death in the case that the person doesn't consent to it OOC. Otherwise, I'm game.
Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay? Yes.
What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse? I think IC actions should lead to IC consequences - it's what RP is all about! And yes to all.
Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them? Yes.

About the Character
NOTE: The following information will create the foundation of your IC Interview, and also let us know more about your character. Answers in character and you may use third, or first person. Answer respectively for your chosen Faction.

Why you here? Who you looking for, stranger?
"Lookin' for folks, mostly. Been out on my lonesome a bit too long fer my likin'. Not that there's anythin' wrong with it. It's just that time don't care where yer goin' or where ya been, so I figure I'd like to make my time count more. Spent too damn much of it in cryo, so figure I got a good bit catchin' up to do b'fore I decide to lay down an' rot in the dirt. Besides that, the coin don't hurt as a happy additive. If I gotta tighten my belt, I'd rather it be 'cause of heavier pockets."

How you'd you hear of the outfit?
"Heard 'bout one of yer bounty grabbin' exploits a while back. Unfortunaly not 'afore it all went down, only got word a few days later. I'd rather keep my ears closer to that sort of business, fer the future. And I figure you folks wouldn't object too much to the extra bit of hands, 'specially if yer lot need patchin' up afterwards."

Didn't get your name stranger, what is it? What class you again?
"Name's Grethe. I'm a medic. Degree an' everythin' if ya can believe it."

Fine then. What can you bring to the table? And where we suppose to put you?
"I got a long hist'ry tradin' on the down low and tuggin' product 'round even lower. Been gettin' into patching folks up lately though since there's a big need, and I seem to got a knack for it. Some more practice wouldn't be too shabby. Wherever ya got space though, or need some more fill. I don't stand too stiff in one place."

What baggage you caring?
Grethe lets out a single syllable of laughter, a gruff sound closer to a cough than a chuckle. "Besides the brain thaw from cryo, if I'm bein' honest, I sometimes been told I try to get 'round my elbow to git at my thumb. I think it's just thinkin' too hard, that means, mostly. But I ain't a lightweight or nothin' serious like that."

Well the, finally, what do you think of the enemy?
"Wouldn't mind hangin' em up by their toes an' guttin' em right down the middle. 'Course tha's easier said 'n done. I think they got real tight asses, put simple. An' boy, does any sort of change make them asses clench tighter - not even mentionin' freedom, an' folks who don't wanna lick boot e'rytime someone richer then them enters the room. They can't stand the thought o' that. Which is why they won't give up the goat, and we're all stuck in this mess of a twister with 'em. "
06-18-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: Grethe
1. Take a moment to read our guild rules again, and tell us a bit about your thoughts on conflict resolution? What were your thoughts on our guild rules in general?

2. The BlackSky Community holds a set of key values including brotherhood, and strong guild identity. We focus on common interactions in the community, but believe in building our collective guild community first, why do you think we do that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
06-19-2014, 12:31 AM
1. I appreciate that the guild requires a paper trail for conflict resolution, since it cuts out the nonsense of she said/he said. The guild rules, in all, look as if they help facilitate a mature, laidback, and drama free atmosphere. The progressive warning system seems as if, more often than not, it would eliminate larger issues before they arose.

2.A strong guild identity is the glue that holds everything together. Without it, the guild would be more a pile of people than an actual guild. It would lack the common ground that members can latch onto, which is the foundation for any storylines they might build together.
06-19-2014, 01:13 AM
1. As a member what do you desire from your guild leader and officers? Then what do you think they can realistically accomplish?

2. As a member in turn what can you desire to do to improve, or better the guild? What do you then think you can accomplish?

3. What can both do to build a strong healthy guild?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-19-2014, 01:20 AM
1. A commitment to the guild is most important in my mind for people in these positions, as well as an ability to mediate and act fairly. I also appreciate leaders/officers running events. For leaders and officers to accomplish this realistically, I think cycling and sharing the load is essential, as well as the support of the guild members.

2. I'm more than happy to assist in the occasional event if desired, and have a good bit of experience in this under my belt. Besides that, I'd love to engage in storylines and create strong character bonds with other members and uphold the RP standard that seems to thrive in the guild.

3. Keep lines of communication open, stay faithful to the lore, and focus on maintaining a relationship between officers and members.
06-19-2014, 01:36 AM
1. Please take a moment and read our rules on lore and roleplay. In your own words express what think of our openess on character types (as in the structure of the faction roles) versus our standards of RP and characters.

2. Lets discuss consequences, limits and how they affect roleplay content. In our guild we have core values of Rp such as the Grey Line, the Adult Factor, and that Old Table Top. Why are these factors important to roleplay, and storytelling?

3. Our guild utilizes various methods of storytelling, but we in general organize our primary storyline into episodic content, then categorized into seasons. Why do we do this? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

4. BlackSky has its own fanon, but we also prefer a conservative stance on the more speculative topics of Lore. What are your thoughts on this?

5. If we do not acknowledge certain aspects of fanon or headcanon as a group are you okay remaining in character and ignoring them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-19-2014, 02:15 AM
1. Morals aren't black and white, and constricting them into such a small lens makes for dull roleplay and a flat group interaction. An openness of character types allows for a more complex group dynamic and moral ambiguity. Variety is the spice of life, and the varied structure of the guild ranks allows for more of that lovely spice. High RP and character standards are a key component in keeping up with interesting interactions and weaving storylines that all can enjoy and take part in.

2. Consequences make for excellent forward motion in storytelling. There's a saying 'acting is reacting', and without a reaction a story is bland - especially in terms of roleplay.

A person's personal limitations should always be respected, and roleplay content should be swayed should the need arise. OOC respect and comfort should be prioritized.

The 'Grey Line' is a lovely way to guard against too-simple conflict. There isn't such a thing as universal morality, and such a thing certainly wouldn't exist among the Exiles and Dominion. Both sides view themselves as righteous, and most people view themselves as the same, even when their actions might seem questionable at best to others. There are three sides to every story, and only one of those sides is the truth.

The 'Adult Factor' allows members to delve into adult themes without hesitation, and use those themes for story embellishment. If roleplaying with someone with an unclear age, most would be hesitant to delve into more adult subjects or story points like addiction, or torture. Knowing that members are in adulthood allows for diversion from straight-laced subject matter. The 'Adult Factor' also allows for OOC respect to exist more consistently, and empathy for limitations that other roleplayers might have regarding sensitive subject matter.

The good 'Old Table Top' is the skeletal structure of roleplay, and serves as a foundation for interactions and events. It's a starting point for any story or event, and sets the basis for how members are expected to conduct themselves in character (eg: attempting to smack someone upside the head instead of just doing it).

3. Episodic content allows for people, who may not have been able to attend prior events, to feel included in the guild's story without having to fill themselves in on everything that has ever happened. It also allows officers and leaders to tailor events to their interests or strengths, and feel as if they're contributing something truly unique to the guild's progressive story arc. Though character relationships evolve throughout an episodic system, a drawback is that a larger story arc may not.

4. This is an appropriate stance for the guild to have. Otherwise, if speculative lore ideas were taken up and later found out to be uncannon, the need arises for retconning. And that's a whole lot of messyness that rarely leaves people happy.

5. Absolutely.
06-19-2014, 02:19 AM
1. Why do you like the themes, lore, and feel of your chosen faction?

2. What do you think of your factions perception of history, and the BlackSky (united) History of the conflict?

3. The Malverines are a Hovercycle Gang, based on real life Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs. The Sovereigns are a Paramilitary outfit backed by a power family, and Pinkerton Dective Agency. Why does your character fit into your faction?

4. What faction businesses is your character going to work for? Do you have plans to add yoru own business, if so what? If not, what are you adding to your current business?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-19-2014, 02:59 AM
1. The ragtag, redneck, no holds barred feel of the Exiles is an appealing one and one that allows for a good bit of clashing character dynamics. This is always something I've enjoyed. The lore allows for a comfortable bit of moral ambiguity regarding both factions, but I find the drunk on freedom stance of the Exiles to be particularly interesting.

2. The Malverines' version of history is appropriately biased and one that Grethe would be more than happy to agree with. The BlackSky history does an excellent job of highlighting that, at the end of the day, most people have their own best interests at heart and if their actions seem questionable because of it - it's not something others can criticize without hypocrisy.

3. The Malverines' gang is just the sort that Grethe would keep company with. She holds unabashed ill will against the Dominion, and any sort of pompous structure that mirrors it. She's not the sort to get fancy for anything, and prefers a group that isn't shy about being seen in seedier clubs.

4. Grethe is currently working independently as a freelance medic, drifting around to where she's needed and dragging the occasional unlucky Dominion member around for clinical trials. She plans to lend her medical knowledge of both banes and boons to the Malverines when needed. I'm planning to have her in as a support role, predominantly.
06-19-2014, 06:24 AM
1. From what you've read, and seen from BlackSky, what can you as a person bring to the table? What do you hope to gain from being a part of our guild? What does your character bring and gain?

2. Our guild focuses on -retention-, and the long game. We focus on values of patience, Most of us are here not just for WildStar, but to be part of the BlackSky community, what is your perspective?

3. To be active in our guild we ask people to maintain in game and forum participation. Including discussion and roleplay respectively. We also ask members to be patient and proactive in creating / seeking out roleplay opportunities. Why are these important values / ideals?

4. We encourage open minded discussion, acceptance, and in our chats are filled with a variety of topics. We discourage people to make generalist statements about heated topics; we encourage them to not antagonize others? Think about this for a moment. Why do we have this attitude? Why do we care about discussion? But why does word choice in some circumstances, matter?

5. To us a guild cannot function without a strong sense of communication, even just simply have OOC communication. Why is that important?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser