Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[IC Interview, Sov, 6/19/2014 Open, Zukanga]
06-20-2014, 05:57 AM
[IC Interview, Sov, 6/19/2014 Open, Zukanga]
Zukanga had been checking the Ship Register for almost a week. The discharge papers had stated that he would find the Sovereign and her crew in Illium, but his inquiries had been met with suspicion and indifference. As he brooded about what to do next, a pack of Cassian brats on hovers sped past him, one having the gall to empty his chew filled mouth on Zukanga's jacket.
"GAAAHHH.....damn spoiled Highborn little shit!" his growl rang out across the courtyard. Before his temper cooled, his gun was out. He squinted one eye and lowered his arm. A single shot rang out, shortly followed by the cacophony of the boy's hover exploding against the far wall.
"Crazy lizard...." the boy had landed in a pile of garbage out behind a local bar, "Wait until my father hears abou..." His sentence stopped abruptly when the long legged Draken, already beside him, lifted him high enough to be face to face.
"You dropped this." He scraped most of the remaining chew of of his jacket lapel and stuffed it in the boys open mouth. "Now go and spill that filth to your father." The boy was running before his feet hit the ground, straight after his friends. Zukanga sighed and leaned against the wall, lighting his last cigarette.
06-20-2014, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2014 10:18 PM by scriptorium.)
RE: [IC Interview, Sov, 6/19/2014 Open, Zukanga]
A raucous cackle clattered off the walls as the youths sped away. Xaeka grinned, showing sharp teeth. She wore a patchwork set of fatigues, thread bare over a lithe frame. Her tail swished from side to side with amusement and her smile touched her predatory amber eyes. "Yah'll be regrettin' that, I'll warrant," Xaeka said, watching the highborn lads make for the safety of the upper quarters of the city. "I know that boy," she went on, "his daddy's in tight with that govanah." Xaeka whipped her head to the side in annoyance at a fly as it pestered her. She eyed the insect balefully and then returned her attention to the big make Draken.

Xakea appraised him, narrowing her eyes into slits like embers. She paced slowly around the male, looking him up and down. He could see two dark tattoos, curved crescents under each of her eyes, Werza's fangs. Her long white hair was grey with road dust and matted almost into dreadlocks. She sniffed, examining his scent and then spoke again. "You that prospect then?" She asked, her tone suggesting she already knew the answer. Her hand drifted up to a small pouch that swung about her neck, dangling between her breasts. Xaeka's fingers worked the leather of the pouch, seemingly of their own obsessive accord.

[Image: scriptorium.png]
06-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Zukanga dropped his cigarrette, taking a deep breath of the air. His tail began to sway slowly and his frill spread wide as he turned to scowl at the woman. As she circled and stared, a low growl burned in his throat. He took in her appearance, openly sizing her up as she circled. His mouth split into a fanged grin when he looked back to her face.
"Depends on what I'm being prospected for...you look like you know your way around here, Bonewitch." He reached into his jacket, starting to withdraw some paperwork.
"I was told that some former crewman of a freighter called the Brightstar like to hang around here. Could you point me to any of them, or do I have to spend my entire night hunting for them as well?"
06-20-2014, 10:40 PM
"Oh,aye. I know a bit about 'em," Xaeka said with a throaty chuckle. She turned and cocked a thumb over her shoulder, showing the big male her back. The Sovereigns red and gold sigil floated there, the holo hanging translucent across her shoulders. Xaeka turned back to him. Her eyes glanced to the paperwork. She waved it away. "Figyah'd you was tha' one," she went on. "Them bones don't be lying, but I didn't need 'em. Got yah dossier on tha' wave. We's expectin' yah."

Xaeka glaced up the way and seemed to listen for a moment. Her mouth pressed into a hard line. "Com'on then," she said. "We best be steppin' on. Yon highborn pup 'as set the watch on yah. Can feel 'em comin' this way." She turned and started to trot away, glancing over her shoulder and motioning for the male to follow. Her tail swished with agitation.

06-21-2014, 02:22 PM
"Yours bones brought us both luck tonight then." he quickly fell into step beside her, eyes scanning the flashing signs. They promised liquid sedation of the senses, or the opposite with the scantly clad dancers.
"Looks like the captain has expanded our demographic a bit." a soft chuckle escaped him as they reached the imposing door guards. He gave them the same steady, piercing stare he'd offered the female. They scanned his Dominion ID, he noted they didn't ask for the seer's.
"There's a cover." Came an unfriendly bark as the two Draken started to walk past.
"I'm assuming that she won't be paying though?" he gestured to Xaeka, " Put it on my tab soldier, I'll be around." he grabbed his ID and walked after the female, muttering expletives to himself.
"I need a drink, sooner rather than later." he looked over at the female, "Are you still on duty?"
06-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Xaeka nodded. "Aye, just gathering lost Lopps," she said with a sharp-toothed grin. Xaeka led the way inside, the holographic signs causing her flanks to fluoresce eerily in the dim corridor. Music thumped through the floor, settling its rhythm into their bones and the air about them as they came out into the crowd. Three gogo dancers pranced on the long stage, wearing very little as they paraded themselves before patrons and accepted their financial adoration. Overhead lights flashed, showing of a glittering dance floor. Throngs jostled at the bar as two tenders passed out drinks as fast as they could be poured.

The witch ignored the flesh parade, making for a pair of double doors at the back of the club. She motioned with one taloned hand for Zukanga to follow. Two guards flanked the door. They saw her coming on through the crowd and stepped aside. The doors slid open. Xaeka strode past them, with a small nod, disappearing into the dim corridor. The two guards looked at the draken male for a moment, then one shrugged and made a mock bow and gesture with his hand for Zukanga to follow.

06-23-2014, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2014 07:54 AM by Zukanga.)
The bartender had a line waiting to be served, so Zukanga had chosen business over pleasure. He had spotted four Wall mounted security cameras before he stopped counting, the place was obviously well watched. The corridor that the witch had gone into was only lit well enough to just make out the walls until he stepped inside. Once his feet hit the floor a soft tone went off from overhead, and the room filled with a pale green light. He looked across at the female, calmly leaned against one wall of what now appeared to be an elevator. He watched her lambent eyes as the doors slid shut behind him.
"Please put your weapons on the crate to your right." came a robotic voice from overhead speakers. He un-slung his holsters and placed them on the blue lit crate that appeared next to him, standing back up and looking more irritated by the second.
"Please place ALL of your weapons on the crate to your right." Zukanga chuckled, sighed and dumped a collection of smaller, single fire pistols from various pockets and straps. He ignored the small print message that followed from the speakers.
"Before you start the pat down, what do they call you here, unless you enjoy witch...?" he smiled as the web of scanner lights played across his body.
06-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Xaeka snorted. "Xaeka's mah name," she chuckled, "and I'm sure tha scanner'll 'andle it. No need tah get yah too excited with pawin'." The witch looked up as the sensors finished their pass. She scratched her side absent mindedly, showing a bit of blue black skin at her hip as she did so. A clear bell tone sounded, registering a clean room. Xaeka nodded and stepped over to the crate, she gripped the holsters and slung them over one shoulder, then eyed the scattering of lethal odds and ends at the bottom of the box with a raised eyebrow.

"Come prepared, aye?" Xaeka asked, her lip curled with amusement. She thumped the wall next to the crate and with a whir of servos, a panel opened and the basket disappeared. "It'll dump all that thraugh tah processin'," she explained, "not tah worry."

Behind her, the double doors chimed and opened up into a well furnished foyer. Holo-terminals lined one wall, the other displayed a variety of fine art, trophies and displays of artifact weapondry behind glass cases. The witch ignored all these, gesturing for the big male to follow her. She loped across the floor at a trot to a side door on which hung, of all things totally out of place, a sun-bleached yellow-white dagun skull with long curved ivory fangs. The witch patted the boney thing affectionately and walked in as the door opened automatically before her.

The inside might as well have been cut from the catacombs of Mikros. Relics and ancient scrolls were piled haphazardly on almost every available surface. Strange implements, looking like mutated bio-mechanoid spiders hung limply from hooks on the walls. An altar stood in one corner of the room, bedecked with large candles. Their wax had puddled in pools about their bases and locked small scones of incense in their frozen flows. More bones had been stacked here on the stone table, in arcane patterns and carved with tiny runic marks. A bowl had been placed centrally, its rim and sides similarly engraved. Along side, a wickedly curved and serrated knife lay, chipped from a volcanic black glass.

Xaeka carried the holsters to one of the tables and pushed aside a pile of antiquarian debris to make room for the weapons. Then she turned and slunk over to a small cold box, obscure under a lush but dusty blanket and all but buried under more arcane objects. Xaeka popped its seals and chill steam condensed in the air as she drew a pair of dark ale bottles from inside it. She popped the cap off one for herself with a talon and held the other up to Zukanga, offering it.

06-24-2014, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2014 06:54 AM by Zukanga.)
He walked into the cavernlike room and raised his frill, eyes drinking in the unexpected, and disturbingly familiar settings. He snapped out of it as she offered the drink.
"Ahh...glory to Hazzak," he said, raising the still closed bottle to Xaeka, "and blessings on Werza." He took the top in his teeth and wrenched the bottle open, drinking deeply.
"I have been in a surgical unit for...too long," he sipped his ale, looking curiously around the room, "No intoxicants allowed." He continued to scan the tables, his eyes coming to rest on the altar.
"You are the first seer I've spoken to since leaving Mikros." He returned his gaze to Xaeka, "And I dont know how your not clawing your way out of your scales living in the city. Must be hard finding opportunities to do the Blood Rites."
06-25-2014, 03:11 AM
Xaeka smiled thinly, narrowing her eyes at Zukanga. "I be a seer no longer," she explained, her tone matter of fact. "Least not of any tribe," she explained, "tha bones whisperin' me to utha ends an' I embraced them." She watched Zukanga, her expression defiant and proud. "As tah keepin' tha rites, I give offerin' tah Werza still. Old habits die hard and all tha like, but I's out cast, pariah, a witch to my clan en maar than name. Wha'choo thinkin' on that, hunter?" Xaeka asked, her tone challenging. She took a swing from her bottle, a low anger seeming to come off her like a heat mirage.