Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[IC Interview, Sov, 6/19/2014 Open, Zukanga]
06-25-2014, 09:05 AM
RE: [IC Interview, Sov, 6/19/2014 Open, Zukanga]
As the females indignation turned to anger, a slow growl could be heard growing in Zukanga's throat. Her challenge rang out in the air over the growl for a beat, and then the crocodile grin appeared suddenly on Zukanga's face. He let out a loud, throaty laugh.
"Fazaar's flames! You're ready to gut me, aren't you?" he placed the empty bottle on the table next to his guns, and turned back to face Xaeka.
"Cool your rage, Bonewitch. I've hunted in the stars long enough to know when to drop my culture's prejudices." he walked a few paces and touched the alter.
"Besides, I have kept a few of my own habits from Mikros, even if the warlords would not take me back there now." he walked back and picked his holsters up.
"Thank you for the drink, where do I go to get my duty assignment and a bunk?"
06-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Xaeka's shoulders slumped and her tail slapped limply down on the ground, her rage snuffed out at his grin. She gave a rueful smile and then shrugged apologetically. "Pardon," she said, "nah use tah 'avin' my folk not showin' me they sharps. Puts a chip on meh shoulder." She tilted back her bottle taking a few long swallows and seeming to relax more.

"Aye," she continued, "we should get yah set up. Gaht tah go ovah the check list though. Make sure yah knowin' the skinny." She motioned to the big male to follow her and led him out of her rooms and down the main corridor to the barracks wing. As she walked, she explained the lay of the land. "First," Xaeka said, "yah gaht tah understand the Talyns. They's crazy as every hooman, but they's also gaht 'onaar. Expectin' loyalty they is. Rewardin' it with a share of any booty but paying traitors with steel. Second, they's a chain o' command," she continued. "The cap'n an' her chiefs all 'ave tah be obey'd, no sass. Cap'n 'ill stripe yah bloody if yah give her tha lip. Drum yah out if yah make 'abit o' it. Do it en tha field, she's like tah put the shiv to you 'erself, aye?"

Xaeka stopped in front of one of the studio apartment doors and keyed the access panel with her thumb. A brief scan line showed over her digit and the door slid away revealing a, if not well appointed, not spartan chamber. "Yah get a room tah yahself, which's good," Xaeka remarked, stepping inside. "Back tah business," she said returning to her early line, "finally, if yah stumble on somat important, yah contact one of us chiefs o' the cap'n. Donnah be goin' o' half cocked an' bringin' down tha 'ammer on us. Let the cap'n make the call." She turned, smiling up at Zukanga, her expression amused. "You ken?" she asked.

[Image: scriptorium.png]
06-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Zukanga laid his guns on a shelf near the bed, and turned to Xaeka.
"Completely, I have served in this crew before, so I know how to keep my nose clean." He looked around the room, eyes settling on the bed.
"I assume these bunks can be altered with Protostar plugs...I'd like to set my own piece of home up in here." He walked to the door console and inserted his Protostar ID. The walls shimmered, turning into a light stone, several old-fashioned weapons in display case hanging themselves with a popping sound. The cot became a large bed, still spartan, but more comfortable looking than the cot. A medical table attached itself near the door, and a small stand with tattooing gear grew out of the floor next to it. Candles crackled to life on the shelves and a table next to the bed. A cooking pot and a small bench unfolded from the floor. As he walked back across the room, several large fur carpets slipped out from under the bed.
"Much better, now I won't feel like I'm living in a trainee's bunk." he turned back to Xaeka. "So who do I report to directly, my superior? And what will be my duty assignment?"