Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[INTERVIEW] One last hope [6/19, 1668 | Sassy n' Wild | Cathal, Tetsuko and OPEN]
06-20-2014, 07:17 AM
[INTERVIEW] One last hope [6/19, 1668 | Sassy n' Wild | Cathal, Tetsuko and OPEN]
Tetsuko Connors

Waking up in the slums of Thayd was never a pleasurable experience, especially when you were hung-over from cheap Granok beer, which was all you could afford, and was just one alcohol grade from being usable as rocket fuel.

She groaned and rolled onto the floor and just lay there for a few minutes longer.

Morning check number one: There was no stranger in her bed.
Morning check number two: It was, indeed, her own bed.
Morning check number three: In addition to her bed, the rest of her stuff was still there.
Bonus check: Her legs didn't hurt today. That was a good sign. She couldn't afford rehab treatment for the tissue damage she'd suffered in deep space, and she could only get decent pain meds through the black market.

She verified that the lock was intact when she walked past it to the small stove and minifridge in the corner that passed for a kitchen. She may not have a lot of variety, but at least she wasn't completely destitute, but filched MREs could get tiring after a while. She even missed the rehydrated meals common among spacefarers.

And she found herself missing space. Sure, her housing situation was as cramped as her current arrangements, but at least she had a chance to do EVA work, and fly a repair pod. Here on Nexus she had nothing of the sort, just a crummy job fixing everything that broke around Thayd and occasionally going to the sewers to kill vermin.

But things might change today, and that thought alone helped her through the hangover and the bland breakfast.

She directed a small prayer to the Six, a practice she had quickly learned to keep secret among the general Exile populace. The crew of the Ronin Pride, her family in particular, had never stopped worshiping the Scions, it was just that they no longer believed the Luminai and the friggin' Cassian highborn to be true heirs of the Eldan.

A forward scout frigate found religion a very good tool to forestall cabin fever and space madness. But the Ronin Pride was no more; it was just floating junk in some forsaken coordinates in the Maresant Nebula, along with her friends, her family, and everything she had ever known.

---

She finished her cheap cigarette when she reached the entrance of the Sassy n' Wild. She'd asked around about where the Malverines were based off, having overheard a group of them about some recent fracas that resulted in lots of repair work.

A chance to get decent work with powerful machines. A chance to recover some semblance of a life.

She was wearing the only decent clothes she'd gotten hold off from the lockers in a Dommie encampment she and other crash survivors had raided upon making planetfall. She could've gotten better if she hadn't frozen with the memories of the Ronin Pride's destruction.

She inhaled deeply, held it, and exhaled. And then she pushed inside.

"I'm here about a job." She said loudly and with the self-assurance of someone who has nothing left to lose.

((*smacks head on desk* Yes, I read the wrong guidelines before ^^;;; ))

[Image: tumblr_n9isgnQSyh1qkky4zo1_500.jpg]
A member of the BlackSky Community
06-20-2014, 09:05 PM
RE: [INTERVIEW] One last hope [6/19, 1668 | Sassy n' Wild | Cathal, Tetsuko and OPEN]
Cathal was tending the bar that day. A day he would likely come to remember ever afterward. The man's body was clothed in a pair of work jeans, and a blue muscle shirt with a jacket over it. The Malverine emblem was stitched into the back of the jacket. He would have preferred a Holo, but wearing the colors right now was something a bit blatant. Especially with a bloody warrant out for his head. Everyone knew who the Malverines were, but still he had gotten into the habit of keeping the Holo off when traveling, for a time.

The man's hair was cut slightly short, and yet still had a shaggy aspect to it. His focus was at the moment on the fact that someone was entering. The Saloon did not have a door yet, so he usually when looking down just listened for the sound of foot steps. These boots or shoes were ones he didn't recognize. So he lifted his gaze as he caught the woman suddenly say she wanted a job.

More girls, yup this place was turning into a regular estrogen factory. Fun, fun.

"What can ye do?" he asked simply in response.

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
06-21-2014, 02:11 AM
RE: [INTERVIEW] One last hope [6/19, 1668 | Sassy n' Wild | Cathal, Tetsuko and OPEN]
Tetsuko looked at the man and raised an eyebrow appreciatively. Her attire was not that much different: a pair of jeans and a t-shirt covered by a green olive canvas jacket made for durability rather than style. Her black hair was cut boyishly short and kept messy and her darker skin and slightly slanted, but clear green eyes marked her as a spacer mutt, those among the Exiles who made space travel a lifestyle even before the Civil War, the kind of people who made the trip to Nexus without ever coming in view of a cryopod.

"I hear your people got some of your toys broken." She said. "I can fix them."

"I'm Tetsuko Connors." She walked forward right up to the man's table and sat down across him. "I was a lieutenant and second technician in a forward scout frigate, the Ronin Pride. I'm qualified to fix anything that doesn't involve magic, from delicate avionics to destroyer-class drive cores; working on your bikes is going to be a piece of cake, and just from how it sounded your generator is on its last legs."

"I can also pilot anything with controls." She leaned back, arms crossed. Her stores of self-assurance were starting to deplete before she cracked and showed just how desperately she wanted a position with the Malverines. "And that includes mechs, drones, and power armor... and their weapons systems."

06-23-2014, 10:01 PM
A woman, another woman. He gave her a simple inquisitive glance, before then looking back down to focus upon the bar top as he was considering what to respond to the woman. The bar top was a bit scuff in one place so he leaned down and opened up a cupboard beneath the actual bar to get some cleaner. Then as he made his way back up he glance at the woman.

"Strange name, sa ye can fix things eh? That might be of some use." He took his time to think on how to respond. Cathal was not one for making quick statements without some consideration. Much to think about as he listened.

"Very, very interestin, another grease monkey then eh?" the woman was asked as he finished cleaning out the scuffing on the bar. There was a lot more to think about, instead the man decided to look up say, "Well I dun run a ship right now. Just a mechanics shop out back, an' also this here saloon."

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-24-2014, 03:32 AM
"Nobody runs ships anymore but Marauders." Tetsuko shrugged and gave a wry smile. "And I'm too pretty to run with that crew."

"Look..." She frowned slightly. "I grew up a spacer; everybody learned a little bit of everything to cover for emergencies in deep space. I can work at your shop just fine; Grinders are nothing compared to what I grew up fixing; I can even work and maintain your saloon... I can even provide you with some extra muscle if you give me a rifle..."

She checked herself. She was starting to sound as desperate as she actually was.

"I don't expect to work in a ship ever again, not with all the fleet coming to this glowing deathtrap of a planet. I just want to work somewhere where I can feel I have a place, for people who appreciate my efforts."

06-26-2014, 06:26 AM
The woman was a bit snarky, but had a good sense of humor to her. The man rose up from where he was and came around the bar to give the woman a look over. What was her name again? Tetsuko. What a weird name. Cathal Reily felt a grin forming on his face as he heard the woman go over the usual. What she could do, and her skills. More of what he was generally use to.

"Interestin, well most of us ain't gonna be dealin with ships since we be here dealin wit war," he replied.

"Sa, I run a tight outfit. Members go probational fer a bit ta see if they werk out thems be Prospects, then there's full members who get full services, goods, an' pay fram jobs.

All must abide our Charter.

1. Strength in Brotherhood.
2. Respect the Chain o' Command.
3. Never betray us.
4. Big decision go to the table.

Sa me wer can be a bit shady, sa I say this. Me Officers an meself holdthe table once and a while, we do big decidin, got it? Can ye follow all that? Plus can ye spit out an entry level job, or I'm jus gonna tell ye ta werk the pole or put on a waitressin outfit."

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-26-2014, 08:14 AM
Tetsuko turned on the stool to keep facing Cathal; her figure was mostly hidden by her canvas jacket, but it was clear that she was fit, and she had the callused hands of a manual worker. Her skin was darker than the norm, and it wasn't because of a good tan under Algoroc's sunny weather. There probably was a story behind that, but Cathal would have to ask.

"Oh-ho-no." She chuckled and looked at the now empty stage. "You don't want me anywhere on the floor; I have the dancing grace of a one-legged girrok and the charm of a bored rowsdower."

She, of course, didn't mention that she didn't have the self-image and confidence to prance around naked on a stage.

"I've been hauling Thayd's crap for the Public Works for the last few months; anything's an improvement over that. I can be a handywoman; make sure your piping is not clogged and the wiring doesn't short out. If you give me the resources to fix a suit of power armor I'm keeping on salvage, I can even be your bouncer."

"As for the other things." She added. "I grew up in a place where not following instructions and not doing what you're told can get people killed. I'm not gonna give you any trouble on that front."

06-27-2014, 05:32 AM
How to react. That was the question sitting in his head as he looked at the woman. Scanning her form, and then her eyes. Trying to figure out more than what she was revealing. Everyone, on some level was full of shit. Cathal's skill to detect roan-shit was a bit harder. Her skin was interesting.

"That's good to know," he said listening ot how she talked. There was a lot going on with Gralk watching him, always a chance things could be far, far more complicated.

"Hauling is a useful skill. I got a few engineers, maybe ye can help wit keep this place runnin, an' alsa keep gits away fram the girls. Sound good?"

He offered a queer look at the woman, and then placed a small beaten book on the bar top. Usually Cathal would be wiping down the old bar top at this point. But his focus was shifting at this point. The man then looked at her directly and said, "Rules are simple. I'm the boss, then there are me officers, deputies, an the members. Till ye earn yer way you listen to them.

Our charter says yet get a cut of the goods an' profits; ye alsa get services fram here.

Rules are this: 1. Strength in Brotherhood - Dun cause shit, an' done be a problem wit people.

Rule 2. Respect the Chain O' command. Ye can get this one, I think.

Rule 3. Never betray the gang.

Rule 4. Big decisions go to the table. Don't cause a feckin gang war if ye can okay?"

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-27-2014, 08:32 PM
"Sounds great." She couldn't help but sound relieved. Especially under that scrutiny. "I can follow rules; like I said, not following rules could get people killed where I grew up."

"So, bouncer, eh?" She gave him a lopsided grin. "I'm a lot tougher than I look, and with my exo-suit operational I can even give Granok second thoughts about bothering the girls."

"Just one thing, tho'." She added. "If the gits in question just happen to be your officers or deputies, they too will be getting some bouncing. I take my jobs seriously. Especially when it comes to other people's safety."

"So... I get the job?" She narrowed her eyes as she looked at Cathal, extending her right hand at him. "And if I do.. is this a live-in position? I wouldn't mind moving out of the cardboard box I'm renting in the Corridors."

06-27-2014, 09:53 PM
"An exo-bouncer sounds, interestin." The woman was certainly off somehow, but she seemed up to stuff. he could use another bouncer, perhaps eventually a cooler. A note he would have to tell his damn quartermaster. Seele might object to him hiring a random arse human, but hey Caelvyn could use a partner. Cathal then sized the woman up one last time as she gave him an answer.

"Sure, ye can work protection for me to if necessary," he added. Then she dropped the big one, a place to live. Cathal's eyes widened just a tinge as his mind decided to figure out if the woman could stay.

"Aye the shuttle has a flop room ye can stay there, just dun go messin wit my bed upstairs." He replied shortly. "Ye'll need to work hard ta earn yer keep then."

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser