Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Durnok
06-21-2014, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2014 03:42 AM by Durnok.)
Durnok
Fixed!
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: (If you only have one character you do not have to state an alt).
Durnok. My alts are Drannok on Exiles and Syntaxis on the Dom.

Enjin / WildStar Central Username: (If you use neither please state what other community sites you are active one relating to WildStar)
On Enjin my user name is Harkane.
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky:
Durnok, though after my trial period I'd like to see about getting my alts in the respective faction guilds.
IM Contacts: (We use Skype primarily)
I have Skype, but due to a recent mishap I am mic-less. User name there is Chainbiter.
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes?
Eastern, though my work schedule keeps my play time to mostly Wednesday-Saturday.
Are you eighteen or older? (Please state your age if you can.)
Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy?
I did and I do.
Where did you find us and why do we stand out?
Wildstar Forums, but what really caught my eye was seeing a group of you together doing stuff.

Would you like to join our Guild Skyp Group? And or the Guild Mailing List?
Indeed.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc?
I was briefly in Blazing Saddles, though I didn't feel at home there.
What are your primary playstyles?
(Casual / Medium / Hardcore RP, PvP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting)
I'm here to do everything. I am trying to get back into hardcore roleplay again, but I do want to get involved in as much as I can.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
(We are newbie friendly, if you need help we will teach you).
Ive been roleplaying for going on 30 years now. Started off with Pen and paper games, then got into chat based rp. I eventually got UO online and things went from there. I have been an admin for a genre on White Wolf's moderated chat as well as few independants.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
(Gives us an idea of what forms of Rp or themes you will not participate in.)
I don't ERP. I've gone all the way up to the deed, but then its a fade to black kind of thing. I play the character as the character. If they would stomp on baby turtles, I'll do it. This doesn't mean its always necessary to actually do these things as sometimes just the knowledge of what a character is capable of is enough.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay?
We're all adults here. As long as it's handled like adults, I'm fine.

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse?
Anything is fine as long as it's agreed to before hand. I've had characters killed before to promote storylines.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?
(Could be a simple as being banned from guild IC hubs, or being openly mocked, or worse.)
Of course.

About the Character
NOTE: The following information will create the foundation of your IC Interview, and also let us know more about your character. Answers in character and you may use third, or first person. Answer respectively for your chosen Faction.

Why you here? Who you looking for, stranger?
(Your faction and ICly why you wish to join them.)
I'm lookin' fer a crew ta ride wit. Folks dat aint afraid ta do what needs doin' ta make Nexus a safer place fer us Exiles. Spent some time runnin' around and puttin' a hurtin' on marauders and such an I seen some of youse guys doin' tha same.

How you'd you hear of the outfit?
(Where did you hear of the. Note you may assume that you know of some of their exploits, their leaders, and so on and so forth.)
Folks talk. Don't matter much what ya do ta keep em from talkin' word gets around. I seen pics, heard talk in bars, and seen a few of youse guys around.

Didn't get your name stranger, what is it? What class you again?
(Name and class.)
Name's Durnok. Imma Engineer and Warrior.

Fine then. What can you bring to the table? And where we suppose to put you?
(Your occupation, and character skills and strengths.)
What I do is shoot Dommies, Marauders, Crowes, and any other chump wantin ta make my day go sour in the face. Got some bots what do the same. I also like ta do home renovations in my spare time. What? It relaxes me. Imma loyal sonova dagun. I'd lay it all down for ma family and I don't stop..eva.

What baggage you caring?
(Weaknesses and character faults.)
Weaknesses? Granok don't have weaknesses. Save that for the Dommies. Overconfident? Yeah, ok maybe a smidge. Oh, and the ship's doc says I don't need anger management therapy anymore..or until he gets out of tha hospital.

Well the, finally, what do you think of the enemy?
(You may assume your character knows something of the opposite faction Malverine or Sovereign, explain their thoughts on them. And the Dominion or Exiles.)
Dommies..Whats ta say? Bunch of uppity fart sniffers lordin' it over everyone else and tryin' ta kill anyone who don't agree with them. I like ta push their faces in.
06-21-2014, 07:42 PM
RE: Durnok
Durnok you need to fill out the full application unless you are a current Prospect or Member of BlackSky. The Alt application, only applies to them.

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
06-23-2014, 04:11 AM
1. Take a moment to read our guild rules again, and tell us a bit about your thoughts on conflict resolution? What were your thoughts on our guild rules in general?

2. The BlackSky Community holds a set of key values including brotherhood, and strong guild identity. We focus on common interactions in the community, but believe in building our collective guild community first, why do you think we do that?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-25-2014, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 12:33 AM by Durnok.)
Sorry for the delay, lots of overtime this week.

1) The rules , to me, are fairly common sense in how respectful adults should deal with each other. I want to have fun, be treated well, made to feel welcome, and be able to share my vision with the people I choose to play the game with. I want other to feel the same way and these rules make it easily understandable what to do in order for a group of people to do this together.
Conflicts that cannot be handled in an equitable manner should be reported to an officer or designee of the guild. Officers are leaders and to be an effective leader they need to have the ability to handle conflicts fairly and justly. If they don't have information then they cant be the leaders we need them to be and hopefully get fair mediation for an issue that may become hazardous to the life of the guild.

2) A guild that isn't strong is going to fall apart. You have to have a sense of unity and solidarity to be productive ly active in your gaming community and if you don't build a good foundation and keep your house clean, the roof is going to come down on your head. It's a simple matter of doing what is best for the guild for it to become strong and from there reaching out to the community to help others.
06-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Nicely done Durnok, though in the future can you please place a few spaces between your paragraphs? That would make it easier for me to read Big Grin

1. From what you've read, and seen from BlackSky, what can you as a person bring to the table? What do you hope to gain from being a part of our guild? What does your character bring and gain?

2. Our guild focuses on -retention-, and the long game. We focus on values of patience, Most of us are here not just for WildStar, but to be part of the BlackSky community, what is your perspective?

3. To be active in our guild we ask people to maintain in game and forum participation. Including discussion and roleplay respectively. We also ask members to be patient and proactive in creating / seeking out roleplay opportunities. Why are these important values / ideals?

4. We encourage open minded discussion, acceptance, and in our chats are filled with a variety of topics. We discourage people to make generalist statements about heated topics; we encourage them to not antagonize others? Think about this for a moment. Why do we have this attitude? Why do we care about discussion? But why does word choice in some circumstances, matter?

5. To us a guild cannot function without a strong sense of communication, even just simply have OOC communication. Why is that important?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-26-2014, 01:04 AM
1) Simply I bring my own personal view and ideas for a story to the table. I have also had experience in roleplaying as both a player and storyteller. I look forward to helping tell stories whether my own or another's. I try and be as active as I can and supportive as possible. I am not afraid to jump in and start something or support it by helping where I can.
What I seek to gain is to be able to enjoy the game with people of similar or like mindedness. A chance to make new friends and grow into something.
Durnok is pretty stereotypical for a Granok, rough around the edges, loyal, determined, and yet has a soft spot for people in need. He isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, but there is a limit to what he will do to get the job done. Also stereotypes help off the wall folks stand out a little more.

2)The application process shows that your looking for people who will stay in the guild. The time it takes to go through the processes shows you if the potential recruit has enough patience and maturity to ride it out and shows a sense of character. I assuming from posts I have read that your cross game and this also help to expand and build the guild up if people move to other games the guild plays. Its a self perpetuating thing in some ways. I honestly like the idea behind it.

3)If a person is in a guild and doesn't participate in things that are meant to help everyone in the guild grown, why bother being in the guild to begin with?
Discussion is necessary for development and growth. Without either of these the result is stagnation and eventually dissolution. This is a roleplaying guild. Why be a part of it if you don't plan to participate? The guild is meant to help each other grow and without doing your part you can keep your guildies from getting what they need and this in turn can diminish your own experience.
Patience is key here because were all people with real lives we have to attend to. I cant expect people to just drop what they have going on game-wise or life-wise to come to an event or role play that I want to do, just as I cant be expected to drop what I have going on either. This is why its nice to try and post a time on forums to get things going. Random stuff is awesome and I wish we could do it more often, but its not always possible.

4) I touched on this previously about the guild being about growth and development. Discussion is key in this. You can disagree with someone without it being a fight. Respectful discussion and debate are wonderful and this is why it's necessary to keep an open mind. We may not change our minds by what is being said by the other person or people, but it may make us rethink our own stand point and strengthen it or alter it in someway that allows us as an individual to grow.
Being careful with word choice. I have always said to people that text based communication is a wonderful yet deadly thing. When we communicate by text we can set down an idea for generations to come back to and read and share. Unfortunately its very limited form of communication as we lose all the subtle nuances of human speech and body language. We tend to forget that we use our inflection and tone of voice as well as body language to communicate as much as we do actual words. Flirting is probably the most recognizable way this works.
Simply stating in a monotone "I want sex." is very misleading. It might not mean with the person who hears it in any way. Adding a flip of the hair, narrowing of the eyes, and breathy voice and its totally changes the situation. We lack all of this part of communication when were talking in chat.

5)I feel like I have touched on this a bit in my earlier statements, but to reiterate, Without communication the guild cannot grow and. We as individuals cannot grow. Also as we grow to become friends and the like we sometimes just like to know how each other is doing. It helps keep things friendly and gives a more personal feel to a rather impersonal method of communication.
06-26-2014, 04:58 AM
1. As a member what do you desire from your guild leader and officers? Then what do you think they can realistically accomplish?

2. As a member in turn what can you desire to do to improve, or better the guild? What do you then think you can accomplish?

3. What can both do to build a strong healthy guild?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-26-2014, 07:03 AM
1) I expect my guild leaders to do whatever is in their powers to help ensure that the guild runs smoothly, that members are reaching towards their potential by helping where they can or pointing them in the direction of someone who can, to be fair and honest, impartial in arbitration of issues between guild members and even non-guildies. I also expect them to be fair to the guild itself by recognizing when a member may find themselves to no longer be a good fit for the ideals of the guild and it's members and remove them if need be. I don't think my expectations are above anything anyone who has stepped up to the plate to be a leader should be incapable of doing.

2)As a member it's my desire to make sure I represent the guild in a good light, to help where I can my fellow members and leaders in seeing to it the guild achieves what it desires. I can run storylines, help people farm for gear, craft for guildies, help people level if possible. Really, just by offering the helping hand and following through.

3) The above statements really outline what I think we can both do to make the guild great. Sometimes its ok to stir the pot to try and get people to re-think things, but we must be respectful when we do this. If we work together we help the guild grow as well as each other.
06-26-2014, 07:08 AM
1. Please take a moment and read our rules on lore and roleplay. In your own words express what think of our openess on character types (as in the structure of the faction roles) versus our standards of RP and characters.

2. Lets discuss consequences, limits and how they affect roleplay content. In our guild we have core values of Rp such as the Grey Line, the Adult Factor, and that Old Table Top. Why are these factors important to roleplay, and storytelling?

3. Our guild utilizes various methods of storytelling, but we in general organize our primary storyline into episodic content, then categorized into seasons. Why do we do this? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

4. BlackSky has its own fanon, but we also prefer a conservative stance on the more speculative topics of Lore. What are your thoughts on this?

5. If we do not acknowledge certain aspects of fanon or headcanon as a group are you okay remaining in character and ignoring them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-28-2014, 05:54 AM
1)The openness allows for just about any type of character to find a niche within the group. It also allows for creative freedom and allowance for players to try and mesh their concept to the story of the guild. With this in mind we also are using a certain game background for the base of our mutual stories. This gives us a guideline in which to tell our stories. It's like playing DnD 3.5 with the Forgotten Realms books. There's a resource in place to create your character and be part of a larger storyline and because we have a setting in place we're not going to allow you to roll up a Jedi from d20 Star Wars. It makes no sense to the lore we have chosen to use.

2)They give us a guide to which we can judge our own level of what were wiling to do in participation as well as for others to judge how far they can go with us. This keeps people safe, comfortable, and willing to continue to rp with us by being respectful towards their feelings.

3) This allows us to participate as a larger group more readily and allows for others to join in, or if they have to, miss out and still be able to get back into the swing of things. This also allows us to plan to be available when we know plotlines are going to be worked on.
The downside to this is it can cause a feeling of storylines dragging on a bit slowly, that people are not being the focus of an episode, and that people may have to miss out on playing in that episode due to previous circumstances.
My own opinion on the use of this is that it works best for larger groups of people who are roleplaying together despite the possible downsides.

4)We are telling our story, but we are telling our story in the world set up by someone else. Like my previous example of Forgotten Realms, we have canon lore that we have chosen to base our story in. Using that and then tossing what are essentially the bones of the setting out the window is like saying that Elminster was actually a Sith Lord who conquered the Red Wizards of Thay by driving his stock light freighter in to the heart of the city. Sure some of it is from FR, but we just changed the whole feel of what we were using and probably should have just made our own setting.

5) Ill stay in character, but my Character may look at yours like they are insane or misinformed. I'll ask via private message if that was intentional and if not then correct them in character. If it was intentional we can discuss it later, but my character may continue to look at you incredulously until its worked out.