Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scout
06-24-2014, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2014 01:19 AM by Scout.)
Scout
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: (If you only have one character you do not have to state an alt). Scout / Valeryn (dommie)
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: (If you use neither please state what other community sites you are active one relating to WildStar) Valeryn (enjin)
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: Scout
IM Contacts: (We use Skype primarily) beth-major on skype. I usually have it running but hardly ever look at it. Tongue
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? CST/CDT. I tend to play during the day up to about 3-4 pm. I do random AFKness at times to tend to my twins, who are 6 months old, but I always reply when I return.
Are you eighteen or older? (Please state your age if you can.) Yep. I'm 42.

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? Yep.

Where did you find us and why do we stand out? WSRP forums is where I found y'all. You stood out because the ethos of the guild and what it stands for pretty much matches what I look for in a guild. Really. I aim to misbehave.

Would you like to join our Guild Skype Group? And or the Guild Mailing List? Maybe.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc? Nope. I am guild free on Wildstar. Y'all are the first I'm applying to.

What are your primary playstyles?
(Casual / Medium / Hardcore RP, PvP, Social, PvE, Raiding, Dungeons, Crafting) Tend towards hardcore RP. I do PVE and PVP. If there's a good group I like raiding. I hate PUGs where people ragequit and get childish over gear.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
(We are newbie friendly, if you need help we will teach you).
Extensive. I've been roleplaying for about 30 years now between tabletops, MMOs and the rest.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits?
(Gives us an idea of what forms of Rp or themes you will not participate in.) Uh. Rape scenes. I don't see any reason do to that. I tend to shy away from ERP unless it's really character developing and not just purile. I'm married. I don't need illicit thrills.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay? Hell yes.

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse? Depends on what it was and how it furthered the story. I don't see any reason to pointlessly humiliate my characters, but if it's forwarding the story and seems to be a likely consequence of actions taken, then yes. I've been willing to let my characters die before if it seemed realistic and/or developmental to a group story.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them?
(Could be a simple as being banned from guild IC hubs, or being openly mocked, or worse.)

Yes.

About the Character
NOTE: The following information will create the foundation of your IC Interview, and also let us know more about your character. Answers in character and you may use third, or first person. Answer respectively for your chosen Faction.

Why you here? Who you looking for, stranger?
(Your faction and ICly why you wish to join them.)

Well, hell. Ah'm here to poke my nose inta EVERYTHING. Mah momma always said I had more curious than sense; but damn, I figure the sky belongs to no-one. Y'hear what I'm sayin'? So the Exiles need crazy folk like me to go out there and find what's over that next hill, and I aim to do just that.

How you'd you hear of the outfit?
(Where did you hear of the. Note you may assume that you know of some of their exploits, their leaders, and so on and so forth.)
Eh, some miner I met in Algoroc said somethin' about your outfit. Sounded interestin'. Ah may be a bit reckless, but even Ah know there's safety in numbers.

Didn't get your name stranger, what is it? What class you again?
(Name and class.)

Rachel Hallows, but most folks call me Scout. Ah'm a spellslinger.

Fine then. What can you bring to the table? And where we suppose to put you?
(Your occupation, and character skills and strengths.)

Funnily enough, I scout out stuff. I'm good at gettin' myself about and Ah reckon Ah kin handle myself in a scrap. Ah ain't dumb or nothin' so you don't need t'worry about that. I reckon I could work well in advance parties or sneakin' in t' places to get at stuff. Know a little bit about hackin' security.

What baggage you carrying?
(Weaknesses and character faults.)

Curious, hotheaded, impulsive and a bit too much bravado at times. She means well though and has a very genuine heart.

Well the, finally, what do you think of the enemy?
(You may assume your character knows something of the opposite faction Malverine or Sovereign, explain their thoughts on them. And the Dominion or Exiles.)

No good, sheep-raping, fish sucking sons a three leperous whores, I call 'em. Sooner shoot 'em than see 'em. Always stompin' folk inta the ground and tryin' to tell 'em how to live. Ain't got no call to be doin' that t'folk an' if I see one-a them yeller, jabbit-faced, impotent lil' sonvabitches sneaking around, I'll give 'em what for. Damn Dommies.
06-24-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: Scout
1. Take a moment to read our guild rules again, and tell us a bit about your thoughts on conflict resolution? What were your thoughts on our guild rules in general?

2. The BlackSky Community holds a set of key values including brotherhood, and strong guild identity. We focus on common interactions in the community, but believe in building our collective guild community first, why do you think we do that?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
06-24-2014, 02:07 AM
Thanks for taking the time to review my application. Please find my responses below:

1.) IC conflict is fine -- within limits. Good stiories have tension between characters at times; but in my experience you never, ever sacrifice a good play relationship with your fellow guild members for the sake of a dramatic storyline. You always check OOC if you're worried that an IC action might go too far, or tread on toes. If you overstep the mark, even if you don't understand why or how, it's better to apologise to another player and stop immediately. What doesn't offend you may offend others.

If you're butting heads OOCly, I find it helps to never jump to conclusions or presume. Try to talk to the other party in a mature, calm fashion OOC. If that's not working, you turn to an officer to mediate -- or simply walk away to cool off and try to resolve things later when tempers are not running so high.

2) In my experience, a close-knit guild can create an amazing atmosphere of fun and social interactions. Your personal character stories can be enriched by making sure you play with your fellow guild members regularly. When you have a strong foundation at home, then it's really easy to move out and interact as a *group* with other groups and factions in the game. I always try to interact with guild members first. PUG roleplay comes secondary. Heck. I tend to pick RP over levelling a lot of the time as well. >_>
06-24-2014, 02:09 AM
1. As a member what do you desire from your guild leader and officers? Then what do you think they can realistically accomplish?

2. As a member in turn what can you desire to do to improve, or better the guild? What do you then think you can accomplish?

3. What can both do to build a strong healthy guild?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-24-2014, 03:11 AM
Hmmm, some very good questions.

1) I'd like to see them engendering good RP and helping regular members find the ropes around the guild. They should be acting as paragons of the guild ideals, whatever those particular ideals happen to be. They should be willing to act as leaders in the community both IC and OOC in my opinion, whether its leading raids or starting up casual RP in bars for guild members. Yes, they need time to kick back and enjoy the game themselves from time to time, but there's nothing to say that both are mutually exclusive IMHO.

A guild leader sets the tone, the rules, and the concept for a guild. They ensure that those standards are met and kept by *all* members. They oversee much of what goes on.

Officers are leaders in the community, whether that's for content or RP.

In some RP guilds, this means they come up with story arcs and content for the rest of the members and 'run' things, a bit like a GM would for tabletop adventures.

2) Good members will support the RP community, strive to understand the flavour and lore of their guild and help newer members find their feet. They'll support RP and the story arcs provided by the officers. If there are character features that let them craft/make things, they should provide their services to the guild. IMHO, free of charge. I've always given freely of whatever fruits of my labours I've had to guilds in the past.

A good member of a guild tries to ensure they develop strong ties and relationships to other guild members regardless of their experience/status in that guild. That means taking the time to listen to other character's stories and develop IC as well as OOC relationships with the other players around you. It means being proactive and reaching out rather than passively waiting for somebody to entertain you.

3) By working together to support good atmosphere for RP and PVX, both officers and members by doing their parts make the game more enjoyable for all concerned -- and that is the goal of playing after all. We're all here to enjoy a game and make us *want* to log in and play that character. Every single one of us. Remembering that no matter what helps keep a guild healthy.
06-24-2014, 03:13 AM
1. Please take a moment and read our rules on lore and roleplay. In your own words express what think of our openess on character types (as in the structure of the faction roles) versus our standards of RP and characters.

2. Lets discuss consequences, limits and how they affect roleplay content. In our guild we have core values of Rp such as the Grey Line, the Adult Factor, and that Old Table Top. Why are these factors important to roleplay, and storytelling?

3. Our guild utilizes various methods of storytelling, but we in general organize our primary storyline into episodic content, then categorized into seasons. Why do we do this? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

4. BlackSky has its own fanon, but we also prefer a conservative stance on the more speculative topics of Lore. What are your thoughts on this?

5. If we do not acknowledge certain aspects of fanon or headcanon as a group are you okay remaining in character and ignoring them?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-24-2014, 03:41 AM
1) I've never felt you need to limit a character by whatever archetype the game mechanics have you playing. As an RP guild, I'd expect this to mean that you're more interested in the sorts of characters you're allowing in rather than the fact that they're a spellslinger versus, say, a warrior, in Wildstar terms. As a guild that will be focusing on IC interactions and storylines, you're going to be far more interested in the fact that Bob's an alcoholic with a mean temper rather than if he's toting guns or a sword, for example.

2) It's important because as an RP guild the kinds of stories people are interested in telling will be what cements a sense of community. Knowing what people are familiar and/or comfortable exploring in terms of story and character helps set the limits as well as help define a baseline for acceptable content. In a way, it's a bit like knowing you're about to see a gritty R film, rather than rock up for a kid's G movie.

3) I'm curious if this means there's regular organised RP sessions (like every Tuesday at 7 pm we all meet up to continue the cannon story); but I digress. An advantage of episodic content is that people can just rock up and join in. From a GM standpoint, you really can break a massive story arc down into bite-sized chunks, and it can help with writing that arc. You can make it more reactive to player actions, etc. The disadvantage is for those that have missed whatever 'episode' and need to catch up, obviously. It can also suck if you, personally, as a character are not really locked into whatever particular 'season' is going off at the time as well; but a good player knows when to be supportive rather than the centre of attention all the time.

4) I usually hate leaping to conclusions anyway. The Devs will reveal more content when it pleases them. Personally, I'd rather stay on the conservative side until it's been demonstrated one way or another by the game.

5) Depends on how 'core' they are and what the particular nature of them are and the reasoning behind the divergence. It's not a deal-breaker though. It's all Happy Pretendy games as far as I'm concerned and I'm not rabidly stuck on any particular viewpoint about the game cannon so far.
06-24-2014, 07:00 AM
1. Why do you like the themes, lore, and feel of your chosen faction?

2. What do you think of your factions perception of history, and the BlackSky (united) History of the conflict?

3. The Malverines are a Hovercycle Gang, based on real life Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs. The Sovereigns are a Paramilitary outfit backed by a power family, and Pinkerton Dective Agency. Why does your character fit into your faction?

4. What faction businesses is your character going to work for? Do you have plans to add yoru own business, if so what? If not, what are you adding to your current business?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
06-24-2014, 09:59 AM
1) If I'm dreadfully honest, I like both factions. Heh. I lived in the UK for 15 years and the British Empire feel of the Dominion is very playable for me. The Exiles however, have that whole individuality, wild west thing going on and that's quite appealing on another level. However, that's a rather simplistic breakdown of the factions -- I like the twists and turns that make each of them *not quite* that.

It comes down to chaotic rebels vs. Old Money'd Law and Order. I like the character exploration possible in both.

2) OOCLY? I'm not 100% au fait with the Blacksky twist on history, but I'm happy to learn the lore. Everybody has their own way of looking at events. There's more than one side to any story and it's never unwise to keep an open mind about things. I've always been more than willing to let my characters evolve depending on how events unfold to them. This would include any views about politics, history and/or factions.

3) Because I honestly can't see Scout being 100% law-abiding or legal. She likes to get things done and she's not too bothered sometimes how that happens. She's fiercely loyal when she feels like she belongs, vicious when cornered and more stubborn than a boulderback.

4) Uh...I had no plans as far as faction businesses. Honestly. None. I only started playing about 2 weeks ago and my highest level character is lvl 22. *shuffles feet*
06-24-2014, 10:51 PM
Home stretch:

1. From what you've read, and seen from BlackSky, what can you as a person bring to the table? What do you hope to gain from being a part of our guild? What does your character bring and gain?

2. Our guild focuses on -retention-, and the long game. We focus on values of patience, Most of us are here not just for WildStar, but to be part of the BlackSky community, what is your perspective?

3. To be active in our guild we ask people to maintain in game and forum participation. Including discussion and roleplay respectively. We also ask members to be patient and proactive in creating / seeking out roleplay opportunities. Why are these important values / ideals?

4. We encourage open minded discussion, acceptance, and in our chats are filled with a variety of topics. We discourage people to make generalist statements about heated topics; we encourage them to not antagonize others? Think about this for a moment. Why do we have this attitude? Why do we care about discussion? But why does word choice in some circumstances, matter?

5. To us a guild cannot function without a strong sense of communication, even just simply have OOC communication. Why is that important?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser