Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FOR THE LOVE OF BOLTS! | Special Time. Please Read| Sassy and Wild Mechanic's Shop
06-27-2014, 08:06 PM
RE: FOR THE LOVE OF BOLTS! | Special Time. Please Read| Sassy and Wild Mechanic's Shop
Dee's lips press together as she'd pout, her form shifting to the side and into the hip that takes her hand. She'd stare to the Mordesh, "You think I don't know that? Why do you think I brought her here. Look. I've made more than enough money to just waltz into Thayd and buy something fashionable and shiny, but that's not who I am. My expression? I don't think just because she had a rough past that she should be forgotten and left by the waist side. I want to give er a new life and make her sing pretty again. That's when you get something reliable. That's when you get something you love."

Dee looks over to Kytex and his movements over the bike. "I'm no mechanic, but I want a hand in making her new again."
06-28-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: FOR THE LOVE OF BOLTS! | Special Time. Please Read| Sassy and Wild Mechanic's Shop
He hands her the buffer and the paint gun. "I'll let you add the durapaint and the polish once I've the frame filled out with the guts of the grinder. I'll start you off with stock parts, and if you want something with more power behind the wheel, or any other modifications, come see me in a day or two."

Kytex taps a few buttons on his datachron, tapping his foot as he waits for the delivery.

"... Be warned, this may take a while. But once we get the parts we need, and when I'm done putting in the metal filler in the scratches of the frame itself, we'll grind out the excess filler after it hardens properly, then I'll let you add the paint and the protective polish."

He promptly begins setting about, grabbing what appears to be something similar to a paintgun, only as he pulls the trigger, he begins injecting some form of metal filling along the scratches and gashes put into the beat up frame, careful not to be too sloppy with it.
07-01-2014, 02:18 AM
Seele watched the interactions with a frown before turning to Vik. "Can we fix it so that there's no more sparking wires."

[Image: tumblr_inline_n78f430KST1r2j7br.gif]
I am #1 dead cat.
07-01-2014, 06:15 AM
Dee stills, her head snapping over to Kytex. "WHAT?! NO! NO WAY!" She'd turn from the mordesh to face Kytex. "There is NO WAY I'm putting stock parts on Cherry. NO." She points to him, "Off Cherry! I'm not ordering -anything.- She gets babe status or else. OFF!" The flustered little Aurin gives them a high pitched squeak. "Okay. Mind made. No one touch my girl until I've figured this all out."
07-02-2014, 05:54 AM
[Mechanic]

"Come on, it's too &%@#$ early to quote "Meditation and the Art of Hoverbike Maintenance"..." A groan resembling a voice approached the shop. Tetsuko dragged her feet and yawned heartily. Her t-shirt was inside-out, her short-cropped hair more disheveled than usual, and the bags under her eyes screamed of caffeine deprivation. "What time is it anyway? Ugh, nevermind."

She went inside the shop, walking past everyone with a muttered greeting. A solid and beaten-up spider bot but scuttled quickly after her, carrying a steaming thermos that smelled of coffee so strong it could theoretically have the same effect as Vitalus.

"Thanks, B-bot." Tetsuko patted the small construct and took a sip, contorted her face, then took another before turning to the two Aurin around the stripped frame., her voice finally sounding human "So, you wanna build a bike out of that scrap, huh? Did you check what parts we have in the back already?"

[Image: tumblr_n9isgnQSyh1qkky4zo1_500.jpg]
A member of the BlackSky Community
07-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Vik, looked pensive for a moment. Dee's bike would take a while to build. That was a given. But how fast could the ignition be re wired? He walked over to the grinder and inspected the situation. "We could probably get it done in a half hour or so. Let me get my tools."

He walked to his grinder and started it up. "I'll return in 15 minutes" he said to Seele, "let's get this done now and then we can look at Dee's ride."

He drove off to retrieve his tools.

[Image: BSM-Test_zps0d28d513.png]
07-02-2014, 04:19 PM
"Thanks." Seele replied as he finished wheeling the bike into the garage. he nodded to the human with bot thermos. 'Mornin.' he called out to her cheerfully as he also nodded to Dee and Kytex.

[Image: tumblr_inline_n78f430KST1r2j7br.gif]
I am #1 dead cat.
07-03-2014, 02:06 AM
Dee's hands rest squarely on her hips, her head turned to watch the Mordesh peel off. "I just got her in here and if I go looking around, I'll probably bring back a toaster....but honestly, she's a ground up project. Only found parts." Her eyes set to Kytex. "No.Stock."

Turning, she'd sway over to Seele, her thumbs in her overall shorts. As she'd come to his side, she'd move to take the goggles off her head to place to his. "Morning. I found a friend."
07-03-2014, 02:51 AM
[Mechanic]

Tetsuko returned Seele's greetings as she took another sip of coffee and tried to push down her hair into a semblance of a style.

"You know..." She spoke to Dee as she pointed at the pile of scrap that would be her bike. "If you stick to 'found only' parts, it's going to be a pain in the ass for us at the shop. It's going to be here all the time as parts begin failing one after another."

"Besides, some brand new parts are easier to mod, on account of less material fatigue, and wear hasn't created additional stress points."

"Buuut, if you buy into that spiritual thing for machines..." The young human woman shrugged. "I'm just saying you do to a machine what's best for the machine, otherwise what you have is a toy, not a tool."

[Image: tumblr_n9isgnQSyh1qkky4zo1_500.jpg]
07-04-2014, 01:30 PM
"Maybe, maybe not." Dee shuffles over towards Tetsuko, offering her hand. "The name's Dee. I might just be a stripper but I know some things. I'm not looking to give you guys a 'gift that keeps on giving' but I have an idea of where we could get the heart of the parts. An old friend of mine use to work on ship engines and there was this one that she hated because it was really too weak to run anything but cushy shit on a ship. She said it was better off in vehicles. Now...I believe her and I happen to have a ship full of parts and metals including that engine."

She smiles to her, "I'd want to see that baby live another life...then again, I'm just a stripper. What do I know?"