Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FOR THE LOVE OF BOLTS! | Special Time. Please Read| Sassy and Wild Mechanic's Shop
07-04-2014, 06:25 PM
RE: FOR THE LOVE OF BOLTS! | Special Time. Please Read| Sassy and Wild Mechanic's Shop
"Tetsuko." The mechanic shook the offered hand. "And I'm not judgin'. You could be the next Belle Walker for all I know."

"So... a ship engine? I used to be a ship techie myself. I hope that engine is from a shuttle. A small shuttle. Otherwise there's no way to make a casing that won't melt your legs into the frame from the heat. If the engine is too weak, tho'... it could be on its last legs and leak rads like a mo-fo."

"Don't want to shoot down your dreams." She smirked and gave another sip of her coffee thermos. "Just planning for the worst so your dream grinder doesn't turn that pretty body of yours into slag. We'll know once we have a look at it."

"Anyway, what do you want it for? Just cruisin'? Take it off-road for some serious ranger stuff? Survive combat?"

She put the thermos down on a workbench and picked up a datapad.

"Form follows function."

[Image: tumblr_n9isgnQSyh1qkky4zo1_500.jpg]
A member of the BlackSky Community
07-06-2014, 10:21 AM
FOR THE LOVE OF BOLTS! | Special Time. Please Read| Sassy and Wild Mechanic's Shop
Vik drove up and dismounted. As he landed, he reached over and pulled his portable tool chest. Making sure none of his tools fell, he also reached into a side compartment of his grinder and removed a coil of about five feet of electrical wire.

"Sorry I took so long," he said to Seele, "I'll have that ignition rewired in about thirty minutes." He walked over to Seele. "If you have no objections, and since Kytex is in an ordering mood, is it alright if I have him order a new ignition module." He looked over to Kytex, "You alright with that Kytex?"

[Image: BSM-Test_zps0d28d513.png]
07-06-2014, 05:21 PM
RE: FOR THE LOVE OF BOLTS! | Special Time. Please Read| Sassy and Wild Mechanic's Shop
Dee shrugs, "I don't see myself riding into battle but at the same time, I know being around, it's probably best she'd battle ready. I want fast, comet fast. Since there's only so much road, I know I'll be deviating from it a lot."

Dee wanders over to Cherry, resting her hand to her. "This girl and I will be going through a lot. She needs to be able to handle a payload, though." She'd give Tetsuko a grin, "I shop...a lot...A LOT. So there'll be some weight there."
07-07-2014, 06:43 AM
"Dear S...cience..." Tetsuko chuckled, but caught herself before she said "Scions"; she still wasn't sure how the Malverines would react to her being religious, even if her brand of belief was heretical to the Dominion's Vigilant Church.

"So, full package, eh?" She put the thermos down and walked over the grinder's frame. "Layering an armor alloy will only increase the weight and the cost, not to mention we don't have the injectors and we'd have to ask a favor to an FCON shop, so best next thing is just to reinforce the vulnerable parts."

She knelt, typing on the datapad.

"Power conduits are in good condition. We'll have to replace the suspension; stock parts will work just as well as anything from a junkyard, since the specs are already intended to handle the weight. Unless you collect cryopods, this baby will handle any shopping you do as is. Hm... we'll have to check how the front repulsors handle the power from the engine, but we'll have to finetune the gyro so they keep the body stable on rough terrain."

"Well... that's the initial diagnosis." She then handed the datapad to Kytex. "Here's what I'd recommend we get from stock, and which we can look around the back or from a junkyard. I marked red some options we can only get from the black market."

"So... we need to take a look at that ship engine from your friend." She turned back at Dee. "See for how much she's willing to part with it, and if we can actually use it."

[Image: tumblr_n9isgnQSyh1qkky4zo1_500.jpg]
07-16-2014, 02:50 AM
Vikenty reached over and disconnected the grinder's power supply. "Don't worry Seele, soon as the new ignition module arrives we will permanently get rid of your ignition troubles. For now," he opened the compartment between the handle bars, "let's replace the pesky wiring to eliminate the risk of fire."

He quickly stripped the wire and snipped at the two ends. Removing the 10 inch section he placed it on the side and lifted the six feet roll of wiring he was wearing off of his shoulders. Measuring out an eleven inch section he cut it and checked the length.

Stripping a small section off each end, he connected them to each terminal on the ignition module and connected it to the rest of the electrical system. He leaned into the toolbox and pulled out a diagnostic tool and placed the testing nodule on the wire. A couple seconds later he read the display carefully. Smiling, he reconnected the grinder's power supply and switched a setting on his diagnostic tool. He removed a prong and connected it to the point where the ignition module connected with the newly replaced wire supply.

Next, he pulled out one of the wireless connectors and placed it on the motor itself. He clicked a few times on the diagnostic tool and the grinder started right up. He recorded data from the engine and the ignition module for testing. "By the way Seele, I feel you should know this. I am recording data on how your grinder is currently running. This data will give me the settings I need to recalibrate your new ignition module when it arrives. For now, you can take your bike out."

He looked at the data as he began the process of encrypting and storing it. "Don't praty too hearty okay?" He nodded at Seele. It felt good to be working on motors again. He could tell he was going to enjoy this gig.

[Image: BSM-Test_zps0d28d513.png]