Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coldfluff [6/25, 1668 | Serenity | Kytex and Jane and CLOSED] [Mature][FIN]
06-29-2014, 07:46 AM
RE: Coldfluff [6/25, 1668 | Serenity | Kytex and Jane and CLOSED]
Kytex chuckled nervously as the shirt's length became embarrasingly obvious after the hem fell, shaking his head as he attempted to wipe the humiliation from his face. A quite vain act, really. "Perhaps I should have mentioned that I've only dabbled in the arts of fashion designing and clothescrafting. 'Tis a rather precise and frustrating hobby, but much less likely to drain your money and maim yo-...well, maybe not less likely to maim in comparison to furnishcrafting..."

He paused and frowned as she asked him about the darker portion of his past. "...It was forced at first. As punishment for surviving their arena. Each night I lived, I was fed the viscera of my late opponents. After a while, the pain of killing my fellow Aurin and having to consume their flesh bore into my psychological health and...I snapped. I know not whether it was simply my mind trying to prevent my depression from reaching a suicidal state, but I began to...take pleasure in devouring their flesh, as I told you before. The thing that bothers me the most is...I'm not entirely sure what about it I enjoyed. Be it the taste of the flesh, or simply the act itself..."

He pauses again, clearly uncomfortable with a topic.
06-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Jane stretched her legs out and leaned back on the arm of the couch. Her cold toes tucked neatly under Kytex's leg. "Nah, I remember all that part. I mean what's it taste like?" She canted her head to the side, "I'd reckon it would taste like a predator, ya know like them Girrocks." Her head tilted the other way, "Or are most of you flop ears herbivores? In that case I guess they'd taste like one of those rowsdowers, yeah?" She asked with a straight face, curious to a fault. She took another sip of bourbon and cradled the glass between her hands.

"If ya don't wanna speak on it, we can talk about something else." She cast a gaze around the room looking for something else and spotted the two monitors on either side of the bar with half naked Draken females prancing around a pole or two. "Did I tell ya Dee said she would teach me to dance sometime?" Her head swiveled back around to face Ky. "She gives lessons or some such at the Sassy." She broke into a grin, "You should take 'em, too, be good for keeping ya limber and ready for action, right?"
06-29-2014, 05:13 PM
"Heh, well if it mean I get to watch you in action, I suppose I could take a few, keep my body honed with the more advanced moves, eh?" Kytex shot a nervous grin back at her, nudging her playfully with his elbow.

He lounged back beside her, twiddling his thumbs in contemplation, going quite for a minute or two. "...Commander?" The bounty hunter turned to her, a worried look spread across his face as he peered into her eyes. "...Do you think less of me, now that you know my past? The things that I've...done. It might seem like a silly inquiry to you, but the thought has been eating away at me since I first told you about myself, and I wanted to hear the answer from you rather than assuming it and pushing the issue out of my head altogether."

His hand reached to rub at his own neck as he continued to will himself to face her despite being ever so reluctant to hear whatever unpleasant answer there may be.
06-30-2014, 12:41 AM
Jane's mouth twist into an amused grin before the laugh burst from her lips. "Eating away at you! Ha!" She slapped her hand on her knee and doubled over with the giggles that ended in a snort. Her features scrunched as she chuckled and she wiped at the corner of her eye. "Blesstheweave but you do gotta sense of humor, don'tcha? I like that in a soldier, means ya don't take things so serious I gotta worry 'bout you going all wonky." She lifted her glass for another sip to clear her throat. "Ya know something? I like you, Kid." She gave his arm a friendly pat.

"Now, as for yer question, assuming you want an answer, well..." Her eyes narrowed and she looked the Aurin over, taking her time to study his features. She even leaned in closer and squinted one eye as if to discern something beneath the surface. "Hmm." She abruptly leaned back to lounge on the arm of the couch, her visage going back to one of casual interest. "I don't really care much whatcha done in the past. E'erybody you meet has somethin' they'd gather not let anyone else know. That's just how it is. As for me and you, I think the same of ya now as I did before, maybe even better. Takes a mighty fine set o' testiculars to speak up and talk about those things, ya know?"
06-30-2014, 02:00 AM
As she finished speaking, a pair of arms wrapped around her, holding her close to a certain Aurin who would probably feel delightfully warm after spending even a few moments outside in what might as well be budget sized Hoth. The crackle of the firewood and the wisps of embers that poured forth were the only sounds to shatter this moment of silence as Kytex rest his chin on her shoulder, smiling faintly as he shared his body heat with his partner in crime.

"...Thank you."

As he continued to hold her, a very light (and near inaudible) purring began to emanate from his throat, his smile growing a bit wider as he relaxed.
06-30-2014, 03:00 AM
"Well now..." Jane looked down at the Aurin that had suddenly wrapped himself around her. "I, uh." Her hands flapped, giving him an air hug until she finally, awkwardly, wrapped her arms around his shoulders to pat his back. "Uh, good boy?"

The hug was unexpected but the purring was down right unnerving, "A'right, a'right. I ain't yer momma." She wiggled her way out of the hug and stood, "Mind if I get us another round?" Without waiting, she sauntered over to peruse the selections. "Hmm, this one looks expensive." She picked up an ornate bottle and carried it back to the couch.

"So," She refilled his glass and then her own with whatever-this-fancy-liquor-is. "You live here on yer own, huh?" She held the glass in her hand, sloshing the amber liquor around in the tumbler as she used it to motion around the room. "Ya got a nice set up and all 'cept for the crazy gizmo in the ceiling that tries to eat people."

Some of the liquor slid down her throat, the muscles rippling down the front of her neck as she swallowed, "Ahhh! I was right." She held the glass up to eye level and admired the smoky sweetness. "This is an expensive brew." She cut her eyes over to Kytex, "You oughta come by my place sometime. Got me a tree house done up over the garage. You flop ears like that sorta thing, right?"
06-30-2014, 03:25 AM
"Uh, oh, er, my bad...didn't mean to...yeah, I suppose it just kinda slipped out." Kytex coughed into his hand as she slipped away, looking back down at his lap as he pulled away, mildly embarrassed by the outburst of affection.

He perked back up as she mentioned the gizmo, looking up to the ceiling. "Oh, you mean Dom. He's not so bad as long as you keep him oiled. He just has anger issues from time to time. But I accept your compliment nonetheless."

The Aurin chuckled as she went on about her treehouse, shaking his head a little as he lounged back against the couch. "Not this one. I prefer the sanctuary of Serenity, my ship here. She's big, bad, and less likely to let you die due to outside extremes in weather. But I would enjoy a visit to your place. I would imagine it is far more devoid of snow than my plot of land?"
06-30-2014, 04:01 AM
Jane leaned over to clink her glass against his with a little salute. "Yeah, it's a mild climate. Gotta garden out back, a garage for tinkering. Bed is under the stars, and oh! I got piles of books. I read most every night til I fall asleep." She smiled and stared across the room at nothing in particular, "Peaceful, that's what it is." Her eyes blinked a few times to bring her back to the present.

"You ever been out to Whitevale?" Another sip of the liquor and she folded herself back up on the couch next to Kytex. "I been, cold as fuck out there but pretty, like the snow is coverin' up all the scars." She rubbed her hand over her face, "Wish it could be that easy with people, too, right?" Her thoughts drifted a moment, a pensive sort of meandering of mind before she came back again. "Say, Kid, you ever entertain in here?"
06-30-2014, 05:24 AM
Kytex knocked his head back with the glass to his lips, swallowing the contents in his glass with a growl as the bite of the drink settled in, setting his drinking back down with a inquiring look towards Jane. "Entertain? Under what connotations?"

His tail flickered back and forth with a nervous rhythm. Surely she didn't mean anything suggestive...then again, this is the Commander.

...Perhaps he should get some chains installed in his home?
06-30-2014, 06:12 AM
Jane's eyes tracked the twitchy tail. "I mean ya got people comin' over to visit? Sit down with ya, relax, chat, have a bite." She cleared her throat and added, "of food." Another gulp of the warming beverage. She pursed her lips to blow out a cooling breath as the liquor burned its way down her gullet. "I ain't had but one visitor to my place and that was a bot delivering supplies." She scratched under her chin with the back of her hand, a little of the drink spilling over the side of the glass and onto the shirt.

"Tell me somethin', Kid, do you think if I had me a soirée at the homestead folks would show up?" A finger tapped the lip of her glass, "I was thinkin' a card night, some poker, some HiLo, booze. I know we got the Sassy for all that but just to give folks a change of scenery, ya know?" She scratched the side of her head above her ear, "Of course, that'd mean I gotta learn a few more card games, but how hard can it be?"