Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coldfluff [6/25, 1668 | Serenity | Kytex and Jane and CLOSED] [Mature][FIN]
06-30-2014, 08:35 AM
RE: Coldfluff [6/25, 1668 | Serenity | Kytex and Jane and CLOSED]
"Er, no, I don't really get any visitors at all...just me and Dom here, usually."

The moment Jane mentioned poker, his neutral glance turned into a mischievous, wicked grin. "Oh, I don't think that's a good idea. You might lose all your money. Or clothes." He cackled out loud, grabbing up the bottle of...whatever it was they happened to be drinking, and proceeded to pour plenty of it into his mouth, chugging quite a large portion.

Pulling the bottle from his lips, he sets it down roughly onto the table with a loud clink, sighing contently. "Much better."
06-30-2014, 08:43 AM
"Hey now, save some for me." She elbowed him back as the bottle hit the table, and grabbed for it. She dumped the inch or so of liquor that was left into her own glass and drank it down. "I ain't afraid of losin' nothing. Me and cards go way back. I just need a chance to learn the rules." She abandoned the empty glass and bottle, and fell back against the couch. "You should teach me to play." Fortunately, she happened to have a deck of cards in her pocket. She pulled out the tattered box and set it on the couch cushion between them.
06-30-2014, 09:58 AM
"I'll teach you the version of poker I know, one that focuses more on strategy than luck." He sat up next to the cushion, draw two cards for himself and for Jane, laying down five across the pillow.

During the next few hours, he explained the basics of "Gentlemen's Poker" (which coincidentally is just another name for Texas Hold 'Em), giving her a few tips and strategies, the bottles of whiskey and wine piling up on the table over time as they shared drinks and laughs, playing a few rounds just for practice.

"You're pretty good, Commander...but I'm afraid when the time comes, you as well as everyone will fall prey to my aggressive playing style, mark my words." He chuckles as he sways, still able to speak with a surprising amount of finesse despite the amount of alcohol that had been consumed and shared that evening. "...and then I'll lose everything to HiLo."
06-30-2014, 12:27 PM
RE: Coldfluff [6/25, 1668 | Serenity | Kytex and Jane and CLOSED] (MATURE)
06-30-2014, 12:57 PM
RE: Coldfluff [6/25, 1668 | Serenity | Kytex and Jane and CLOSED] [Mature]
07-01-2014, 02:31 AM
Jane was a soldier, and as such, had taken a leak under stranger circumstances than this. She grabbed the bucket from the flailing fur-tail and planted her posterior over it. She let out a sigh of relief and took care of business quickly and efficiently. Pants back up and shirt hem back down to her knees, she smiled, a little lopsided but still a smile. Aiming herself for the couch, she began navigating her way through the treacherous sea of furniture and decor back to the couch. Once she made landfall, she sank back on the cushions and waited for the waves of dizziness to subside. What an adventure!
07-01-2014, 05:32 AM
Kytex simply got up, laughing at the commander's nonchalance to an extremely weird not, stumbling back...and then forward to the couch.

...And straight into the coffee table.

"Oh good nelly." He cursed as he went ass-over-tea kettle, knocking the Gambler's Ruin model off of the table and rolling off and onto the couch, upside down with his legs wiggling at the air with futility.

"...we should do something fun. Other than...hic...er, nothing, I suppose." He mumbled lazily, looking over to Jane as he hiccuped a second time.
07-01-2014, 06:21 AM
She grabbed the Aurin by his ankle and gave a yank to flip him right side over on the couch. "Somethin' fun, aye?" Jane looked around the ship interior, "I don't see no dart board or card table. Whatcha got in mind?" She kicked back on the couch again, "We could play pin the tail on the Aurin."
07-01-2014, 09:38 AM
He grinned and sat up, swaying as he grabbed up a spare bottle of vodka and tossed it onto the table (floor), drunkenly tackling her hips and playfully (gently) half-suplexing her onto the other side if she would be too slow move out of the way.

"I declar-HIC-e a game of str-HIC-ength to be held here! ...HIC, let us w-HIC-restle!"

Kytex would secure his grip around her hips (or at least do his best in such a smashed state as his), keeping her back grounded to the seat of the couch. "...Exel...cibrab...waaaaaaan. Toooooo...mm, Commandeeeer, what comes after that number?" He finally began to slur now that he was sufficiently liquored up.
07-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Jane squealed and squirmed, "Whatta ya do-doin'!" Some thought about fighting Aurin and Seele popped into her brain but the spark fizzled out before it could fully form. She pushed at his shoulders. "Don' make me hurtcha, flop ears," though truthfully she wasn't in any shape to aim her punches very well. But, in a fit of laughter, she raised her knee up sharply, possibly catching him between the legs if he wasn't careful. "Three! The number ya be wantin' is three!"