Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Training [6/30 | 1668 | Behind the Sassy | Seele and OPEN]
07-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Training [6/30 | 1668 | Behind the Sassy | Seele and OPEN]
It was either way too late or way too early. Seele wasn't sure which one it was anymore. In any case the bar was closed for the night. Till counted, inventory done. Things were disappearing and then reappearing like his shirts. Luckily he still had the old faded mangy looking tank top he'd worn during cryo. The material was threadbare, the fabric soft from use, and sometimes he liked to pretend he could still smell home on it.

The short aurin sauntered to the target dummy that was kept out back. The burlap head with it's paint dot eyes made him frown. He pulled out a paint pen, the one he'd been using to mark where the construction crew was supposed to put in the kitchen. Soon he'd added a toothy frown and angry eyebrows to the dummy. That was better. He bared teeth at the dummy in a mock display of aggression, glad no one else was around to see his antics.

He switched the datachron on his wrist off as he moved back behind the line. He lifted up the knife Kaistiel had left him. He passed it from hand to hand feeling the weight of it as he started at the dummy with a frown on his face. He tossed the knife to one hand and dropped it, nearly slicing open his palm in the mean time. No time like the present, especially since there was no telling how long he’d have solitude to practice. He hefted the knife and threw. It missed, thudding into the tree behind the dummy. He sighed as he retrieved the blade and tried again with similar results. Seele glared as he threw again, and again and again. Fuck his aim was terrible.

[Image: tumblr_inline_n78f430KST1r2j7br.gif]
I am #1 dead cat.
07-01-2014, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 01:14 PM by OneEye.)
RE: Training [6/30 | 1668 | Behind the Sassy | Seele and OPEN]
John opened his eyes, closing them again as he slowly woke up from the short nap he took. He glanced down on himself, noticing that nobody had mugged him while he was asleep since he still wore the olive-tan shit and his woodland pattern pants. Sitting upright on the couch and rubbed his eyes, he reached for his heavy-gun, which he left leaning against the couch earlier, he placed it on his lap, examining the weapon closely, checking for any out of order as he had missed a few cheap-shots on the field earlier, he groaned in frustration after nothing was found upon close inspection, wearing the weapon's bandoleer before standing up from the couch.

He stretched, letting the weapon hang from it's sling as he began to walk to the improvised firing range behind the bar, rubbing the back of his neck as he walked, stopping once to sling the gun on his back. He noticed the small Aurin honing his throwing skills at the range once he walked past the bar.

John crosses his arms, observing Seele struggle for a moment before asking "Need a hand?"
07-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Seele nearly jumped as the human came up. Of course there'd be someone up at this hour. there were always people around at this hour. He looked back at the tree he'd pulled the knife from. Sap oozed from shallow knicks in the bark and there was one valiant mark in the ground as he held the knife with his claws.

"Depends on if you can spy where I'm screwin' up my aimin'" he finally said as ears flicked, "And I'm sorry I forgot your name."

I am #1 dead cat.
07-01-2014, 01:29 PM
The human said "My name is John, you're Seele, right?" he gave a quick glance to the target dummy before looking back at the Aurin "I know you're a superior, the Quartermaster, right? Should I be addressing you as sir?"
07-01-2014, 01:42 PM
"Nah. Seele is fine unless y'fuck up something and I gotta put on my bitch face. Or someone else fucks up and I gotta do my job." he replied as nails tapped on the knife. "You any good at aiming?"

I am #1 dead cat.
07-01-2014, 01:52 PM
John glanced at the knife, "I'm not a bad shot but I'm a little rusty since I took a break from field work a while ago." He extended his right hand, "Can I see that knife? I don't think you're supposed to be throwing that kind."
07-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Seele passed it over, handle first. 'I got it from Kaistiel. I don't think the arms master would give me a knife I couldn't use for practice." he stated bluntly as he watched the other.

"I just need to work on my aim in case shit goes down y'know?"

I am #1 dead cat.
07-01-2014, 02:35 PM
John took the knife, examining it and feeling its weight "Hm." He look back to Seele "Did you tell him you were going to be throwing it? I mean, it could be used as a throwing knife if you have no other option, but it's no use for training your throwing aim." He handed the knife back, handle-first "If you keep using that for training your aim, you'll just make yourself think you're worse than you really are."
07-01-2014, 02:47 PM
"D'ya got a better knife? Coz no offense, my aim's shit either way." He replied as he wiped the tree sap off the blade as best he could on his shirt. Hey it was old and ratty enough as is.

I am #1 dead cat.
07-02-2014, 12:35 AM
"No, not for throwing. Why are you trying to get better at throwing anyway? I thought most of the members preferred using mag-pistols and heavy-guns." John said, pointing at the bar with his thumb over his right shoulder.