Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some Tuning Required [07 / 01, 1668 | The Radiance | OPEN
07-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Some Tuning Required [07 / 01, 1668 | The Radiance | OPEN
((OOC: Just a chance for Sovs to socialize a bit before things get ugly Smile ))

Zylla was uncharacteristically quiet and focused as she fiddled with an odd-looking gadget and stood under the lights at the Radiance's stage.

Darkness lapped at the little circle of light as the club was closed, and the silence was only broken by little beeps and hoots coming from the speakers.

"Ha-ha! There you go!" The young Draken girl exclaimed and slipped the device on one of her hands. It looked like a shock glove, only with a lot more wires hanging from it. Zylla plugged some of them into the matching sockets on another device at her hip.

She waved, and a holographic screen materialized, where she typed a couple of commands, and music went into the darkness.

It was slow and refined, but the bass was powerfully rhythmic and there were some ghostly chanting now and then, triggered from cues in the music.

It was a recording she'd made of the Torine Sisters chanting as they trained for battle in their ruins up in Wilderrun. She had slept on that tree for days to be able to record them unnoticed; otherwise the primal chanting was replaced by angry shouts and flying pointy things. Zylla mixed and remixed the chant into a more standard lounge music that was supposedly popular in Cassus.

So far she'd been left alone in the Radiance, getting ready to play her part as an entertainer, but also ready to keep an eye on all patrons and staff. She was in Nexus, and she was gainfully employed by the Talyns. It was time to put the teachings of Mikros' Nightside to good use.

[Image: tumblr_n9isgnQSyh1qkky4zo1_500.jpg]
A member of the BlackSky Community
07-02-2014, 10:17 AM
RE: Some Tuning Required [07 / 01, 1668 | The Radiance | OPEN
Jack parked his Uni-Blade outside the Radiance, he glanced at the stairway leading up to the entrance for a moment before turning and taking the key off the ignition, turning the engine off. He pulled his helmet off his head, leaving it hanging on one of the handlebars.

He got off the bike and began to walk up to the entrance, hearing the music coming from inside he opened the door and stepped in, he noticed the Draken on the stage fiddling with some gadget. He walked up to the stage, stopping a few feet away from it. "It's about damn time."
07-02-2014, 10:35 AM
"Time for what now?" Zylla grinned as she waved the encased hand, producing a trail of light that she broke with a pass from her other hand.

The sound levels shifted subtly so that the music sounded as if it was circling the one-eyed Cassian.

"Lunch time! Free time! Pastime! Clobbering time?" Zylla laughed as she gestured with her hands, the music floating as she controlled the levels and parameters with her motions, adding her own silly words to the remixed Torine warsong.

07-02-2014, 10:41 AM
The sound of deep concussions and war chants woke Zukanga from the first sleep he'd caught since meeting his crew-mates a few days earlier. A low growl boiled in him as he rolled out of bed and grabbed at his gunbelt. He hadn't dressed, but blood was hard to work out of uniform leather anyway.
He took the utility stairs, knowing that if he came up the elevator he was likely to get filled with holes all over again before the doors opened. He heard a vehicle pull up against the outer wall, then another set of deep, bass concussions. He primed both blasters, then kicked in the door leading to the stage.
"Hands where I can see them, Rocks and Jabbits!"
07-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Jack glanced to the male Draken bursting in with an annoyed look on his face "Put those down before you hurt yourself." He turned back to Zylla "I meant, it's about damn time someone got to work here."
07-02-2014, 12:54 PM
"I've been searching and researching!" Zylla grinned even as she raised her hands for Zukanga to see, alhtough a sigil appeared behind her, allowing for her tail to pass through.

And for the tuff at the tail's end to appear through another sigil behind Zukanga and tickle his right ear before it disappeared back across the Void.

"Chill, dude! Yer not on Mikros anymore! Nothing's trying to eat you here! Get jiggy, get rockin', and get yerself a girlfriend 'coz it looks like you really need one."

"But above all..." She said, and then the music stopped altogether for dramatic effect. She shot her hand to the side, and it disappeared into another sigil.

And reappeared beside Zukanga, pointing a mag-pistol at his head.

"Get yer guns outta mah face and my stage or I'll get extradimensional on yer tail." She sounded very uncharacteristically serious, more like a true Draken Huntress and less like the fool she always acted as.

"Yes? No? Too serious!" She chuckled and pulled back her hand, which reappeared unarmed at the end of her arm. The music resumed, this time a snappy, but still subdued rhythm.

"So! I'm just picking a playlist for tonight!" She turned to Jack, a wide toothy smile on her goofy expression. "I take requests! I also take tips!"

07-02-2014, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 07:58 PM by Zukanga.)
"Quartermaster," he pulled out a rolled cigarette, and offered one to Jack as he holstered the blasters.
"Sorry about the door, I'll visit maintenance later and fix it up." He snapped his teeth at Zylla's tail as she taunted him. He hissed at her "advice" , lit his rolly, and pulled up a stool at the bar.
"Your mags are dirty, that's a tip." Zukanga reached across the bar, pouring himself a draft and dragging off his cigarette.
"Clean them before they backfire and blow your pretty little head off," he smoked the last of his smoke, "that was a request." His fanged grin was wreathed in smoke as he watched the DJ spin.
07-03-2014, 01:24 AM
"No thanks." he replied after being offered the cigarette, walking over to one of the nearby tables and sitting down, leaning his back onto the chair "We'll have to open this place sometime soon, Zukanga, do you think you could fill a role? Probably a bouncer, no?"
07-03-2014, 04:05 AM
Zylla's face suddenly lit up. She pressed her hands together and holographic cartoon stars and hearts flew around her.

"He thinks I'm pretty!" She squealed and laughed, and then switched the music to an extremely sappy ballad that she began to dance to on the small stage, tail swaying opposite her arms.

As soon as Jack asked his question, Zylla appeared on the stool at Zukanga's other side.

"You know what this means, don'tcha?" She giggled and purred. "You have to bring me courting gifts! Stuff to impress me! And I'm not easily impressed! Easily amused? Yes! But not easily impressed!"

"Say-say, boss-person!" She leaned way back on the stool, balancing on the stool by hooking her knees under the bar's rim. "Will we have a big opening? We should invite people! Maybe give away presents. But not my courting gifts! Those will be only for me!"

07-03-2014, 06:02 AM
"A bouncer?.......Cant be that different from freighter security...." he turned from the bubbly woman to face Jack and nodded.

"I'll watch the door for you, keep out the undesirables..." he stood and wandered to the front door, leaning against the wall. Turning back, he glanced at Zylla.

"And if I find anything shiny during a shakedown, Ill let you have a look before I lock it in the storeroom." His hand disappeared into the wall beside him, bright streamers of light pouring from around his wrist. He pulled a shirt out of the light, pulling it on and then finding a chair.

"I might even drop a few surprises in here," his hand dropped lazily into a sigil on the floor, gave Zylla's pocket a quick pat, then winked out as he pulled his hand up to stroke his goatee. He looked back at Jack.

"Anything I need to know to do this job well?"