Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Perhaps too curious.
07-11-2014, 06:33 AM
Perhaps too curious.
"....No, I understand....please, just give me some time...ok...OK!" Raban angrily swatted his ear-comm and then knelt on the dusty road outside of Gallow. He tugged his ears and let out a frustrated growl.

"Motherless bastard!" he stood and kicked at the dirt, then started legging it towards the coordinates he'd dug up for the Sassy and Wild. About 30 yards from the entrance he stopped to take stalk. The whole building appeared to be the remains of a dated Protostar Cruiser, some of the electronics apparently still in operation. It had apparently grown a human trailer park after coming to rest off the path, a variety of DIY amenities formed a loose perimeter. Several well maintained Grinders were parked around the side.

He walked in the front door, seeing a few customers, laughing and drinking. A dancer winked at him as he wandered towards the bar, hoping to find someone who knew who he was and that he was expected.
07-12-2014, 02:59 AM
RE: Perhaps too curious.
He walked quite a way back up the road before turning and approaching from the front. The members laughing and relaxing at the pool hadn't paid him any mind as he walked into the bar again, he was sure he wouldn't be disturbed for a moment. He took care of his business, then went out to meet the gang.

"Human woman....." he grinned to himself as he walked from the cozy house the next morning. He found his way to Thayd on foot, not relishing the idea of meeting with his current client. The Protostar courier was haggling with a Lopp as he approached.

"You just trade with Lopp, deals never flop!" Insisted the tiny little....man? But the courier wasn't having whatever deal he had proposed, and he spun to leave angrily. Raban bumped right into him.

"Watch your walking! Lopp carries big gun guy!" the bristling little pigmy rushed down the street as Raban approached the clone.

"Damned little rat!" Raban winced as the clone said this. "Wouldn't cut me any sort of deal on those ores, said they were too shiny...bad for business those ones."

Raban lifted the ore he had lifted from the Lopp's bag. "Give me half what you offered the Lopp, I cut out the labor cost."

A shrewd grin hit the courier's face, "I'll pay forty percent, mining is a labor intensive industry." The money changed hands, both looked pleased.

"Oh yeah, there's this as well...." Raban drop a pamphlet of papers into the outgoing box, the agent's eyes bulging at the address.

"But this is...."

"I know," interrupted the Aurin, "that's why we stopped haggling early." He left the speechless clone and went to spend the Lopp's gold buying a ride.