Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A call to Arms [7/15 | 1668 | The training ground behind the Sassy | Open
07-16-2014, 02:06 PM
A call to Arms [7/15 | 1668 | The training ground behind the Sassy | Open
The sun was beating down on the Sassy and a drop of sweat or two smudged the piece of paper that Kaistiel was nailing to the lintel of the Sassy's main entrance. It reads,

"Attention all of you who claim to be good with blades, bullets and brawn. The time has come to evaluate everyone of you who wears the colors and assign role tailored to your specific skillsets. I'll be outback to observe and make notes so come prepared. If you cannot make it in person then please submit a holovid showcasing your skills (No splicing, to make yourself look better.) Results will be discussed with the Boss and sent to your respective datepads.
-Kaistiel Stormbreaker

With a grim nod Kaistiel traipses through the bar, pausing a moment to grab a bottle of whiskey as she heads out back. It was going to be a long day and she wanted to at least be comfortable while she watched....hopefully they wouldn't dissappoint.

"Curses are blessings with darker wrappings."
07-17-2014, 01:25 PM
RE: A call to Arms [7/15 | 1668 | The training ground behind the Sassy | Open
Kai lounges in a battered old chair she had drug out by the training grounds, her feet propped up on a crate as she takes a swig from her procurred bottle. No one had arrived yet, but that didn't much bother her. They'd show when they had the time. In the meantime, she still had a rather full bottle.

07-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Orous headed into the bar. He stopped reading the paper. Oh they wanted to see fighting skills did they? He grinned as he headed around the back. Nanites shimmered as he vanished. He spotted Kai lounging as he approached popping into visibility before her. He had enough good sense not to try anything with her whiskey.

"Reporting for demonstration." He stated.

[Image: tumblr_inline_n78f430KST1r2j7br.gif]
I am #1 dead cat.
07-18-2014, 05:13 AM
Kai quirks her eyebrows at the suddenly visible Aurin standing in front of her. She looks slightly annoyed, though that was more at herself for not noticing the ripples in the air first, but Orous wouldn't know that the annoyance wasn't directed at him.
She takes a long swallow from the bottle and takes a rather long time getting out the makings for a cigarette before speaking, might as well make the fella wait.

Kai gestures towards the training ground in front of her dismissively, "Well, are you waiting for permission? Show me what you've got."

07-18-2014, 08:29 AM
"But of course." He replied as he shimmered back into invisibility. Moments later he shredded a dummy. The man moved fast light on his feet as claws did their work to eviserate the dummy.

"I'm not quite sure what you are after, I usually demonstrate better against live opponents." Orous kicked at stuffing.

I am #1 dead cat.
07-18-2014, 05:54 PM
He knew he had to get to his meeting coordinates in a few hours, but the bar had been packed, there hadn't been a moment for Raban to step out quietly. He had pulled most of his gear on when he heard the sound of shredding fabric and splintering wood. The nanites responded quickly to his tightening fists, and he slipped out back to see who was there.

He smiled at the tail end of the other stalker's comment, and stepped close behind him.

"Perhaps I'm lively enough for you?" he pounced forward, trying to knock the neatly dressed stalker over as he rolled to his feet on the other side of shattered dummy. He grins at Orous and extends his blades.
07-19-2014, 05:37 AM
Honeyfurr Skiped into the area after had already read the note, a Beaming smile on her face she stands near Kai and gives a Wave all cute like and says, " HI HI, Soo umm what did you want me to do?", she stands there rocking on her heels and gives a wave to the others there beaming a smile.

[Image: BSC-BannerTEST05_zps019e876d.png]
07-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Kai flicks her eyes over the remnants of the training dummy after watching Orous' fluid movements. Her mouth opens as if to say something but she snaps it shut at the arrival of another candidate. She takes another apparent swig from the bottle and lazily lights her freshly rolled cigarette, savoring it for a moment before rolling her wrist in a signal for Raban and Orous to proceed.

"Just don't kill or maim eachother, I'm trying to asses you, not hospitalize the help."

She raises a quizzical eyebrow at Honeyfurr in all her bounciness and then purses her lips before jerking her head back towards the Sassy "I don't recall mentioning any dancer tryouts today deary. That's more of Seele's area of expertise.......But I suppose if you want to watch you could at least make yourself useful and bring out some water and a first aid kit, just in case."

07-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Raban's pounce had caught him, the green Aurin rolled and bounced up ears perked forwards as he smiled. "Oh yes. You look a far better sparring partner than a straw and burlap dummy." His claws were out as Kai motioned for them to continue.

Orous launched himself at Raban, moving fast as he tested the other's range in short bursts of all the usual moved. His goal was clearly sparring, not to hurt the other.

He noticed the blonde bounce up, but focused back to the task at hand.

I am #1 dead cat.
07-19-2014, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2014 01:28 PM by Zukanga.)
After a couple of minutes of dancing around his opponent's well aimed stabs and slices, Raban decided to try something different, he caught a fast high slash close to his head with his own claws, but instead of withdrawing, he rolled low. He dove past Orous' legs, and fired a tether post in the ground behind him. As he rose, he swung a heavy kick at where he thought the stalker's head might still be.