Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Canter Claws [7/14 |1668 | Sassy and Wild long after closing | (Tag: Read me.)
07-16-2014, 02:36 PM
Canter Claws [7/14 |1668 | Sassy and Wild long after closing | (Tag: Read me.)
OOC Note: Yay! More weird posts from Desi~

READ ME BEFORE POSTING
Date: July 14th Year 1668
Time of Day / Weather: A Quiet Night in Algoroc

The Sassy and Wild was once again seeing a quieter time. Small notes had been passed prior, permissions that needed to be asked were and the bar was their own for this moment in time. Sitting upon the bar with a foot on each stool before her, Desiraela would have a box to the floor between them. Her hands were folded and knitted with each other as she stared into the carving in the open lid. Even with the lights dimmed to only the ones behind her at the bar, the finger nail scratches in the box had culminated into one word: Canter.

“To canter…one who cants. But what does a cant mean? By description, it’s a lust; a liveliness. By definition, it’s a language of the underworld, speaks and talks of the shadows.” Her eyes cut into thin slits lined with blue lashes. “When my old life was left and I found myself searching to who I was in the darkness of this box, this word remained with me. I am who I am; that’s not one who progresses by taking charge. I know how to comfort. I know how to make whole and clean the messes that people make.”

She pauses, looking over to who had come, “Some of you resonate with this. You wish to protect and take care of this club and in turn, be protected and taken care of. Hand and hand this has to be as no one can burn their fuse forever as well as there is those with no fusses to burn.” She smiles, “So let us be the ones who keep our own, stick to the back lines and speak in the shadows for our brothers. Take care of them, nurture them and make this place a sanctuary and a home.” Dee’s hand touches to the box, “And no matter what, I know they will make sure we’re safe.”

“So I put forth the Canter Claws. For those of you who want to help but aren't sure what to do as well as those of you who know how to help and are willing to teach the others on how to walk in this way. All of us are Malverines; all of us follow the boss and his table. Being one that helps doesn't make you any less a brother or sister. This is just a way.”

She’d sit to the stool, a pile of jackets besides her. They aren't the cut but a lighter version in the paws colors. It’s clear that you have the option of taking one or the option of leaving. Pulling a cigarette and placing it to her lips, Dee makes it clear with a strong stare to the crowd: This isn’t time for debate or questions but decision.
07-16-2014, 04:21 PM
RE: Canter Claws [7/14 |1668 | Sassy and Wild long after closing | (Tag: Read me.)
Mel would eye the jackets, a knowing glint catching in her eye. She'd saunter over, picking up one of the jackets and giving it a tight hug, before turning the fabric everywhich way and inspecting it. "You know I'm gonna be by your side for this Sugar~ Sounds like a good fit!"
07-16-2014, 05:35 PM
RE: Canter Claws [7/14 |1668 | Sassy and Wild long after closing | (Tag: Read me.)
Raban had been cleaning the bar off from the few customers that had come through, listening to the speech. He took a shot off the whisky bottle, then rounded the bar and walked to the table. Rifling through his pockets, he pulled out several wallets, and a lovely novacite inlaid pocketwatch, dropping them into a pocket of each of the jackets. He took the only empty one for himself.

"I belong to the shadows," he sounded grave, more serious than his typical grinning sarcasm, "and the Mother knows I want to keep you all a little safer if....well....I'll make sure no one is hurt." He furrows his brow, squeezes the jacket to his chest, and slowly walks back to the bar.
07-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Kytex looks to the jackets with some admiration, but frowns at little. This isn't his place in the ranks of the Malverines, and he could already feel it.

"...I'm afraid I'll have to politely decline. My duty to the Malverines lie in laying waste to those that would oppose us...and I cannot do that here."

He gives a polite bow, and steps back and off to the side, watching the rest that had arrived at this event
07-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Bessa pulls out a cigarillo of her own, lights it up and takes a drag. She looks at the jackets and think how much her wisdom of some 600 years or so could really be of help to whoever needed it. She would reach out and take one, placing it on her shoulders. "Hell.." she would say with another drag of her smoke "I pretty much do this sort of thing anyways, might as well make it official". She would smile to Des and take a seat, finishing her cigarillo as she waited.