Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sovereign App Vexxera's Application
07-21-2014, 02:03 AM
Vexxera's Application
About the Player
Main Character Name / Primary Alt Name: Vexxera (prime)/Kael Dashwind (alt)
Enjin / WildStar Central Username: Enjin name: Kael Dashwind
Primary Character / Alts Joining the BlackSky: Vexxera
IM Contacts: Skype name: Kael Wolfcry
What is your primary region / timezone and playtimes? EST, playtimes start typically at 7pm to 8pm nightly.
Are you eighteen or older? Yes--34 years old

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? Vehemently agreed, yes. Well written.

Where did you find us and why do we stand out? A bit of Google-fu brought your site to me, which impressed with clear vision and well laid-out structure.

Would you like to join our Guild Skyp Group? And or the Guild Mailing List? I have Mumble as well as Skype, so can join whatever groups are essential to group VOIP actions at need. I am also definitely interested in the mailing list. Seriously, a mailing list? Awesome.

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc? Yes, Exile-side member of The Nexus Protectorate on Dashwind

What are your primary playstyles? Medium to casual PvE, RP-centric, with interest in small group content. It's about the journey and those who walk with you, not the endgame or the "phat purpz". I have a passing interest in PvP since this game seems to have very fun engagements, but I am clinically awful at it and so would probably engage in that as part of a party rather than simply solo.

Seriously. I'm terrible at it.

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience? Approximately 12 to 15 years of RP experience, both in MMOs and in forums, in a variety of roles from basic member to leadership.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits? I will not partake in any scenes of extended torture, rape situations in any form, and no "watersports" aspects of adult roleplay.

Are you okay with the R rated (content in our guild contains adult language, violent situations, partial nudity, narcotics) nature of our Roleplay? Absolutely

What do IC Consequences mean to you? Would you be willing to deal with the consequences listed in our lore? Such as humiliation? OR even being beaten within an inch of life or worse? I have had a dungeon failure become a part of character development before, so dire consequences are absolutely okay, so long as godmodding is avoided of course.

Would you be willing to take consequences if your character left the Club or Agency and warranted them? Part of the fun of RP is the organic, fluid nature of it, so that would certainly qualify.

About the Character
NOTE: The following information will create the foundation of your IC Interview, and also let us know more about your character. Answers in character and you may use third, or first person. Answer respectively for your chosen Faction.

Why you here? Who you looking for, stranger? "As much as I may enjoy being a wandering merc, there is something about the structure and order of a military company that appeals far more to me. After all, a weapon is more devastating when it is focused and refined instead of blasted about like an errant Chua on drugs...and as honored as I am to be a conscript for the Dominion Army, I desire more than to be simply aimed at things to slaughter. Messy business, that."

How you'd you hear of the outfit? "The house for whom I had served was very familiar with the Talyn family and its exploits. As a matter of fact, their blood feud and tales of the frigate engagement had convinced my former Lord to disband his house and liquidate his belongings rather than face the fate of a traitor..."

Didn't get your name stranger, what is it? What class you again? "Yes, thank you, I had not offered it. My apologies. My name is Vexxera, conscripted Warrior for the glorious Dominion military. A pleasure." She bows politely, her posture and movements betraying the usual assumed power and ferocity inherent in the Draken female form.

Fine then. What can you bring to the table? And where we suppose to put you? "I am a Warrior, and so martial skills are a given, though I had served my Lord's house faithfully in a variety of other manners, from bodyguard to handmaiden to consort...my talents are varied and many, and I am not merely some bestial Huntress bowing to every pile of skulls some wannabe Clanlord decides to pile up. I prefer the finer things in life."

What baggage you caring? "Baggage...yes, well...a very direct question, yet fair." She inhales a moment before responding "My appetites can get the best of me when my ire is raised, I will admit...though I do endeavor to carry myself as a lady as often as possible, despite how titanic the weapon I wear on my back would have one believe.

"There is also the matter of my former Lord having defected to the side of the traitor Brightland and his Exiles bringing me...well...immense embarrassment, to put it lightly. I don't wish to dwell on it too much, if it so pleases you."

Well the, finally, what do you think of the enemy? "Whether they realize it or not, the Exiles and their ilk have dishonored me, servant though I may have just been. I am Draken, and do not bear the damage of being wounded so easily..."
07-21-2014, 02:36 AM
RE: Vexxera's Application
1. Please reread our guild rules and consider the following: BlackSky discourages members from making blunt general statements on issues (political, religious, cultural etc), from bringing up complaints or problems in public, from trolling or antagonizing people. We then encourage a optimistic attitude, helping out guild members, solving issues personally or with the help of a guild officer. Why are these important to a healthy guild? And how do you feel our guild rules approach these factors?

That being said we have rules about respecting triggers, and also about choosing words carefully, why?

2. Our guild values identity, brotherhood, and longevity (retention of membership). We focus on the long game and the long view. In turn we value patience, understanding, and professionalism. Why are all of these aspects important to a strong healthy community?

3. What do you look for in guild Staff (Leaders, Officers, Deputies), and in the community in general? What can both (Staff and members) do to maintain a strong healthy community? Now, what can you as do, or bring to the table?

4. We ask members to participat in-game, and on our forums in OOC discussion and active roleplay. This includes members acting as pro-active pillars of roleplay, and taking their own stories back into the guild to enrich it and everyone in it. Why is important then to be pro-active on our website, and in-game equally?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
07-21-2014, 02:57 AM
1.) Considering the anonymity provided by the internet and the first-hand experience of how IC and OOC lines can get blurred by those unprepared or uninitiated, drawing the line in the sand is vital. The policies regarding blunt statements and the vigilance of members and officers is incredibly welcome, and so the guild rules approach such problems aggressively but fairly.

2.) MMOs are, by their very design, evolving, growing and building worlds, and so those within the game's space should be willing and committed to that same level of advancement and growth. No character's story begins and ends on the application page or the character sheet. If anything, they're more like a Wiki page that continues to be edited. Smile

3.) Engagement with the group entire is valuable as a guild officer or leader. I've been in dozens of guilds where you felt like a drop in the bucket or like you're on the outer ring of a smaller clique. Involvement with every member, every time is key. Coincidentally, I'm eager to aid any new arrivals to the guild or anyone else asking for anything, be it in-game event assistance or to stand behind their shoulder, glowering menacingly as a silent bodyguard to add dramatic emphasis to a person's RP.

4.) Well, if one put the time together to build a website and a forum, then it makes sense to use it, right? But beyond just that, it rather reaffirms my answer to #3 quite well--inclusion. Those who would otherwise not be able to meet in-game due to work schedules or timezone conflicts being able to remain engaged and connected is excellent. It also can help sharpen one's own writing skills to follow the standards of forum RP and to really see how well you gel with the existing membership.
07-21-2014, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2014 04:41 AM by ShadowedSin.)
Next set shall we.

1. Please take a moment to review our rules of roleplay / character standard. Then take a moment to consider themes of our two factions (Malverines being a Outlaw Hovercycle Club & The Pinkerton Detective Agency); and consider the roles for each faction versus BlackSky's idea of open-ended roleplay with limitations. Why is important to maintain a strong standard, roleplay themes, and yet allow open-ended characterization?

2. Consider the life your character will encounter in either faction, and the consequences of their actions. How do our guild values such as the Grey Line, the Adult factor, and Table-Top Feeling fit that mindset? Why is it important to the story we are hoping to tell? Especially in Criminal / Corporate or Outlaw Roleplay?

3. Why do you like the themes, and lore of BLackSKy, and the faction you are joining? How do a faction's preceptions add to roleplay such as their preception of history, or the Feud of BrightStar?

4. Our guild can be considered conservative in our lore stance even though we have our own elaborate mythos and guild fanon (as most guilds do). Why is it then important we maintain the limits, and guidelines set down by Carbine? Some details are small, but are important to racial dynamics (Cassian Highborn not having Noble Houses, Mordesh not tasting food without Vitalus), why are these important? And can you ignore people who push limits while remaining in character?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
07-21-2014, 04:17 AM
I'm...sorry, boss, were my prior answers unsatisfactory, or did you accidentally ask me the same set of questions?
07-21-2014, 04:41 AM
I was updating stuff, sometimes the clipboard often doesn't copy right or I grab the wrong set. No you are fine, correct set is above!

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
07-21-2014, 05:25 AM
Ah. I thought maybe that's what was happening. XD Right...pressing on!

1.) Themeing provides food for thought, as well as lays a base groundwork for what sort of characters would best fit and grow within the guild's circle. Naturally, leaving the theme open to personal interpretation keeps things fresh and flowing while maintaining a tightly bound concept. Personally, coming up with more details about Vexxera's backstory was fed further by the background of the Sovereigns. Which segues rather nicely in to #3, actually.

2.) Life is hardly black and white, and so making both sides of the same guild recognize that gives a player more choice in how they would progress or react to RP situations. Taking the theme of the Sovereigns, the desires of the character, and applying that under the crucible of reaction without limits but with consequences means one can write a character with seemingly simple motivations that can develop into complex and fascinating narratives with others in the guild as play sessions progress.

3.) As I had mentioned in my response to #1, I had a passing idea of Vexxera's characterization, but reading more about the Sovereigns and its history provided new focus, as well as the jobs the Sovereigns offer as giving the character a variety of directions to follow. Both of these pieces of reading got my creative juices simmering quite nicely. Ya never know when inspiration will strike. :3

4.) With a race that was capable of augmenting and reanimating dead, creating entire biomes out of relatively thin air and hiding computers inside a space-time repeating math problem, it's easy to assume that anything is possible. However, there are still limits laid out by the lore--only the Eldan were capable of those listed feats, and only after centuries of experimentation. To wit, there's an expectation set by the game's entire story and world, from the quest stories to the way a machine looks and operates. Anyone disrespecting that standard in extremes would, in my view, be antagonizing on purpose at worst, or simply unread in the game's universe at best. Depending on the level of said immersion shattering, I can either help a person out or annoyedly place them on my Ignore list.
07-27-2014, 03:32 AM
Forgot to tag this, but totes approved.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser