• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zlinger's Application
07-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Zlinger's Application
Application:

About the Player
Main Character Name / Alts: Zlinger
Enjin / WildStar Official Forum Name: Enjin Name: Parthival
Primary Play Times / Availability: 4pm cst (USa) to 9pm (give or take an hour for dinner) monday through friday
Are you eighteen or older? Yes 33

Did you read and do you agree to abide by our Rules and Policy? Yes

Where did you find us and why do we stand out? I was referred by Zeza. she was my GM in wow

Other Forms of Contact? Would you like to join our Skype Group?: sure

Are you a member of any additional guilds, circles, warplots etc? a circle called RL crew for my and my RL freinds.

What are your primary playstyles? i RP, PVE, Raid, dungeons, i dabble in everything but pvp

About Roleplay
What is your roleplaying experience?
While i have RPed across various formats, tabletop to larping, i could always need to polish it up. somtimes mine can be lackluster.

What are your primary Roleplay Limits, and or Triggers? I dont erp usually, others i dont really know unless presented with the situation

Are you okay receiving consequences? I am good with anything but character death
[b]Are you okay with the content of our guild in character? (Adult Themes / R-Rated, Narcotics, Violence, Prejudice etc)
yeah fine

About the Character
NOTE: The following information will create the foundation of your IC Interview, and also let us know more about your character. Answers in character and you may use third, or first person. Answer respectively for your chosen Faction.

Why you here? Who you looking for, stranger?
The Malverines? oh i hear things, here and there, these ears arent just for show y'know. im lookin for a place to hang my hat, make some money and have a ball doin it.
How you'd you hear of the outfit?
heard from someone who called herself zeza. she spoke a bit, figured why not? i know who to look for now.

Whats yer name stranger? What ye do to survive? What's yer home?
Zlinger Ebonleaf, Aurrin, spellslinger

Fine then. What can you bring to the table? And where we suppose to put you?
I tend to get into places most people cant, and you can squeeze me in a box in the corner. im flexible like that. oh, and dont worry if some things go missing, ill return em soon.

What baggage are you caring?
well i like shiny things. (cleptomaniac), i dont like loud noises and so help me if a rowsdower gets near me, im gonna shoot it. damn things tried to eat my tail! and i talk to myself.

Well then, finally, what do you think of the enemy?
*HISS*
treekillers. burn them like they burned Arboria. especially the chua.....
07-23-2014, 04:31 PM
RE: Zlinger's Application
1. Please take a moment to review our rules of roleplay / character standard. Then take a moment to consider themes of our two factions (Malverines being a Outlaw Hovercycle Club & The Pinkerton Detective Agency); and consider the roles for each faction versus BlackSky's idea of open-ended roleplay with limitations. Why is important to maintain a strong standard, roleplay themes, and yet allow open-ended characterization?

2. Consider the life your character will encounter in either faction, and the consequences of their actions. How do our guild values such as the Grey Line, the Adult factor, and Table-Top Feeling fit that mindset? Why is it important to the story we are hoping to tell? Especially in Criminal / Corporate or Outlaw Roleplay?

3. Why do you like the themes, and lore of BLackSKy, and the faction you are joining? How do a faction's preceptions add to roleplay such as their preception of history, or the Feud of BrightStar?

4. Our guild can be considered conservative in our lore stance even though we have our own elaborate mythos and guild fanon (as most guilds do). Why is it then important we maintain the limits, and guidelines set down by Carbine? Some details are small, but are important to racial dynamics (Cassian Highborn not having Noble Houses, Mordesh not tasting food without Vitalus), why are these important? And can you ignore people who push limits while remaining in character?

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
07-24-2014, 12:15 PM
1) a strong standard is important because when we RP, we represent not just ourselves, but the entire guild. If we do not represent the guild, or the lore and themes provided it can look bad on the guild as a whole. This does not mean everyone is a cookie cutter standard though. everything has to have a strong core but be flexible enough to change as the story changes, its what makes the RP and story dynamic.

2) The grey line is balance a good story has its dark moments, its designed to get you sympathetic to the story being told, and the light part after that is i guess the reward you get. the same goes with the adult factor. it adds spice to a story. the table top feeling is a feeling that you actually influence whats going on instead of being railroaded a story. its a game. plain and simple. It would fit my character because as an outlaw or outcast there will be moments that are both dark and light and in outlaw styled RP, it can get pretty hairy.

3) the idea of a group of outlaws that explore nexus. and the fact they relish freedom to explore, which is what zlinger lives for. zlinger has a feral streak, being confined to one place wouldnt suit him. and he is fiercely loyal to those who are loyal to him.

4) It shows we are able to exist within a established canon, but we can add our own flavor to it. we maintain it to keep the integrity of the story we are telling. its not a story about how awesome your character is, its a story about two factions who are trying to survive on nexus. and people who really break the lore and go completely off base make Rpers as a whole look bad (i mean look at hte half dragon half elf bastard son of malfurion and alexstraza from wow. while the characters are canon, that is so off base there is a site that publicly mocks those kind of rpers) and can look poorly on our guild.
07-25-2014, 08:24 AM
1. Please reread our guild rules and consider the following: BlackSky discourages members from making blunt general statements on issues (political, religious, cultural etc), from bringing up complaints or problems in public, from trolling or antagonizing people. We then encourage a optimistic attitude, helping out guild members, solving issues personally or with the help of a guild officer. Why are these important to a healthy guild? And how do you feel our guild rules approach these factors?

That being said we have rules about respecting triggers, and also about choosing words carefully, why?

2. Our guild values identity, brotherhood, and longevity (retention of membership). We focus on the long game and the long view. In turn we value patience, understanding, and professionalism. Why are all of these aspects important to a strong healthy community?

3. What do you look for in guild Staff (Leaders, Officers, Deputies), and in the community in general? What can both (Staff and members) do to maintain a strong healthy community? Now, what can you as do, or bring to the table?

4. We ask members to participat in-game, and on our forums in OOC discussion and active roleplay. This includes members acting as pro-active pillars of roleplay, and taking their own stories back into the guild to enrich it and everyone in it. Why is important then to be pro-active on our website, and in-game equally?

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
07-25-2014, 11:19 AM
1) It's important because while we may have differing views, being blunt and mentioning these things such as political views can only cause hard feelings and tarnish the relationships within the guild, and in most extreme cases can cause a rift between members or groups of members and over time degrade the guild as a hole. This also applies to bringing up problems in public because the friends of both accuser and defender will take sides, causing said rift, and causing the guild structure to fracture. Going to upper management and allowing this to be taken care of discreetly can save feelings and face, making sure that the guild gets the problems solved without members at each other throats. By the rules, being that we represent something more than ourselves and using our guild tag , it keeps us to a higher standard, not just a run of the mill guild. also, the rules clearly state this.
Because we don’t know what kind of words will offend or upset other guild members. words that can demean or denouce a persons identity, anything that may happen in the past or their personal lifestyle can cause problems with members because we don’t know what it is that member has went through.

2) because we treat each other like family, we have to be considerate of everyone as best as we can. That being said, mistakes will be made. we need the patience to understand someone will mess up, understand that they made a mistake and realize that dispite these, were still a guild of friends and family. Longevity comes in because we actually care about our members and we arent just a fad guild. we are more than just a guild, we are friends.
3) I look for people who while they stick to their guns when it comes to the rules, are still friendly, understanding and willing to help. they just don’t keep you for the numbers, they actually work with the guild members and remind them it is a game. I will help where I can and I fully plan on using my professions for the good of the guild as well as helping where I can. I try to be a friendly sort to help with quests if I can, and to provide a friendly face to talk with.
4) because that way it shows your commitment to the guild and not just the game. also there is a lot of information there that can only be expressed in the website. like rules changes, to be active on the website also helps those who cant get in game, and keeps everyone coordinated.
07-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Good answers, it was a bit hard to read, but well written.

Approved.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
07-26-2014, 10:51 AM
thanks. sorry bout the difficulty reading. so....whats the verdict?