Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dinner fer Two [ 7/27/1668 AE | Thayd | Cathal x Scout]
07-30-2014, 04:14 AM
Dinner fer Two [ 7/27/1668 AE | Thayd | Cathal x Scout]
Another evening in Thayd. An old Osun city converted into the capital of the Exiles, and ruled by the Accords. A city that in the past few years had changed little except when the Dominion came a calling right outside in Galeras. Yup, times never seem to change. Yet, they had. So that old axiom was needing a bit of an update. Mayhap it was that reason, that Cath found himself reading over a reservation for a simple fancy little bistro ran by an aging Granok name Kronk. A weird name, but he was a big old fellow with obsidian black rocky skin, and half his face missing on one side.

Reservations at Kronk's Bistro were slightly hard to get on an evening, but Cathal Reily was filled with tricks. He was wondering how to make an entrance at the bistro, and what to wear. Strange enough he felt a bit like a woman at this point. Preening was not a thing Reily men did, that was a woman's life. That was when Cath slap himself over the side of the head realizing the sad thing he had been worrying about.

Earlier that day after putting a nice jacket, and trouser he had ridden up toward Scout's cabin to pick her up. Strange enough he was not riding his Grinder, but an old refitted Cassian uniblade covered in FCON riding gear. The ride to Kronk's Bistro was quiet as Cathal focused on getting there in one piece. There was still fighting in Galeras between the invading Crimson Legion, and Exile FCON defenders. Riding pass it all into the tunnels into Thayd he made his way toward the trade district, and a small outdoor bistro lit by Lopp lanterns.

A ramshackle place with a nice set of tables, and a select carefully crafted drink, and entree menu. Cathal led the way to private set of seats on a balcony on the second floor of the squarish brick building built against the old aging Osun wall.

"Hope ye like it sa far," he said after holding a seat for her, and then taking his own.

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
07-30-2014, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 10:56 PM by Scout.)
RE: Dinner fer Two [ 7/27/1668 AE | Thayd | Cathal x Scout]
The comparatively cool air slid over Scout's skin in unaccustomed places, raising gooseflesh. Her long coltish legs had been more exposed than usual in the shorts she'd opted to wear. Unbound, her pale silver-blonde hair slipped just past her shoulder blades, tickling shoulders bared by her tank top. She felt faintly like a fool for trying to scrub up nice. None of it came naturally to her. At least the humidity of the day seemed to be easing up as the sun slowly slid behind the horizon.

She sat down on the proffered chair and looked around the venue as Cathal claimed his own. Habit had her checking the exits, scanning the other diners for any potential threats, examining the tactical advantages and disadvantages of the placement of their table - the caution of a lifetime.

She offered a skittish smile as he settled in his seat. "S'nice," she replied quietly. All the newness of this sort of situation softened and hushed her voice into a husky femininity.

He's taking pains to please me, part of her mind observed; and to her own surprise, she found that alone pleasing if nothing else.

"Let me guess -- the guy that runs this is one of your old marine buddies," she hazarded as she tucked her napkin into her lap and picked up the menu.
08-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Was Scout, wait no, Rachel, acting girly around him? For a moment as he took his seat. His focus was slightly fixed on her as she was acting different. Rachel was just wearing a tank top instead of her usual jacket, a change in her attire he was finding hard to understand. Then again he had tried to please her perhaps she was doing the same? The aging man took a sip of water as the waiter arrived, and he ordered himself a hard brew of Granok beer and let Scout order for herself (he was unsure what her preferred drink was at the time). The man calmed as he sat up and admired the way her hair danced around her neckline.

"In a way," he replied slowly as silence was broken by her unsure question. Awkward was the best way to describe the entire affair at the moment. Kronk appeared himself and offered a menu as he happened upon the question.

"Nah, I'm an old friend of the kids tutor, Sarak, I remember when Cath was jus a wee bairn," the Granok said in a cheerful voice. Cathal's reaction was to blanch a bit, as the aging Granok brought uphis past.

"I"ll have yer boulderback flank steak Kronk," the boss said as he slipped the menu down. Eldan she looked great. He thought to himself as he glanced over at his date.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
08-02-2014, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 12:37 PM by Scout.)
If Cathal had known, he might have found it reassuring that Rachel's slightly enhanced neckline was due to where she'd stashed her holdouts, and not just socks or tissues. She flashed a bright smile at the Granok as she passed him her menu. "I'll have the Dawngrazer with current jelly," she declared. "An a nice red t'go with that." She bit her lip and studied the wine list a second before deciding. "That Aurin pinot noir sounds interestin'. I'll start with a glass." Not the most expensive on there, but probably the one that would best suit her meal -- a woman of taste, not out to clear out Cathal's wallet.

Her mouth turned up into her more characteristic lopsided grin. "Thanks. Yer gonna hafta come back here and tell me more about Cathal that he don't want me t'hear," she remarked with a sort of droll humour, perching her chin on her palm and casting a bright blue gaze over the man in question, gauging his reactions with almost the same intensity she used lining up a shot.
08-04-2014, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 06:40 AM by ShadowedSin.)
Cathal was doing his best to pay attention as he glanced back over at Rachel. She was smiling more than he was use to so the veteran space skipper was slightly out of his element. Though, yet this was not the first proper courting he had ever down really. Kronk took the woman's menu with a smile, and even gave a bow with a downward spun hand. Then with a wink the granok was off to the kitchen to prepare the large amount of meat that needed grilling that night. A small aurin appeared to take the drinks as they were ordered and then disappeared back into the restaurant itself.

Before Kronk had left he'd added, "I'll tell ye a bit sure," while the Boss was staring at him with a twitching right eye. Cath took in a deep breath as the aurin waitress returned and eyed the too of them while shifting her moss green pixie cut with a nod of her head. A glass of red wine, and the brew were then placed carefully for both patrons with the utmost care.

Cathal then broke the silence and said, "Rachel you look remarkable tonight."

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
08-06-2014, 07:11 AM
A flutter of unguarded reactions crossed Rachel's face as she probed his expression for sincerity. Finding it in Cathal's green eyes, she broke the gaze first and her cheeks reddened.

She still felt like an idiot for primping -- nobody should have ever had the power to make her feel anxious to please them like this. The fact somebody did left her feeling oddly powerless at times, a sensation she'd rather maim somebody over than admit. However, the fact that he'd noticed and complimented her on it somehow made her feel elated and almost giddy.

She looked back up from the table when she'd mastered the confusion and took a mouthful of wine. "Thanks. You don't scrub up half bad yourself," she drawled, letting her eyes travel over Cathal.

How the hell does he keep managing to make me feel so off-balance?

Her lopsided smile reappeared. "I got me a question I've been wantin' t' ask ever since I realised you were th' boss o' the Malverines. How the hell did you get in charge o' the outfit? I would have expected somebody older."
08-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Cathal was finding is strange, that she was acting in such a manner. Then again until they're strange little contest he had never expected tos peak to Scout much till she earned her patch. That alone caused him to watch her reddening cheeks with a slight crooked smile. IF she was acting this way for him, it was of course outright charming. He would have to remember this as he sat there thinking to himself.

"Aye, havna had ta do that since I did a big business negotiation fer a few places in Algoroc," he smiled lightly. His father had left him a decent inheritance which he used to fund several local ranches, and businesses. Things were going so well until she asked him about his history. The man's face tensed for a moment, as his eyes started from side to side.

Cathal's first move was to rub his chin with a bit of angst, and then take a long sip of his brew. The cooled bitter taste of the hops ran down his stomach into his gullet. Where to begin...

"Ever since Brightland's Rebellion a Reily has skippered the BlackSky frigate, straight down the line from Seamus to me father Sean Reily. I was the oldest, an I had the trainin' sa after da got me an' the runts back fram Nymph before he passed away he signed his commission over ta me. Then after we landed, I started the Malverines as a means ta keep the crew tagether, an also mutually defend ourselves," he replied as simply as he could.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
08-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Maybe it's because we're two of a kind,she mused. The past seemed to be a sore point for both of them. Still something in her wanted to probe further. She'd never known when to leave well enough alone.

"So y'see yerself as a soldier then?"

She felt a bit better moving the conversation along from compliments. Rachel'd never really felt at ease with such. She had too much self-respect to tolerate flattery, and her father had always taught her to value the unvarnished truth over gilded words. She'd had people try to butter her up before at Judge Hallows' court, thinking that might be the way to soften up her daddy.

Still, nothing Cathal said felt like flattery; which left her thrown a bit. He ran a club full of women with more curves and inclination to make themselves objects of beauty; but he'd given her the time of day. She couldn't really understand it and things Rachel didn't understand left her with a need to kick over rocks until she found out what crawled underneath them.

So she watched and listened intently, trying to pick out the pieces that would help her begin to see what was going on.
08-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Conversations could be awkward, and then there was a strange obviousness in collective awkwardness. Cathal was doing his best to stay perfectly within the rules of tact in the conversation. Truth was he was a hound dog, and he was also a romantic. He could charm the panties off plenty of girls, but this situation was far more serious than previous encounters. This was not a notch on ye olde bed post.

"Yup, I be one of them old iron sides aye," he replied to her. The girl was quite curious about who he was, and perhaps he could ask her a bit more about Father Hollows.

"Rach luv," he said quietly and was stopped as the food arrived. The same aurin server popped up with a Mordesh and placed both plates with a rather loud clattering of dishes. The smells wafted in as each was cooked to nigh perfection. Feckin cock blocks. His mind reeled in response. How to reply, how to reply. Reily was doing his best. This was not really his best though.

I can charm panties off any waif, but why is she making it hard? Great I think yup, feelings wonderful.

"I opened the Sassy's original pub, ta make som money, an wel be a bit of a ladies man. Didna get that sort of thing in FCON so why not was the idear. Course, that ended up wit Samuel Delmonte nearly killin me, an' a very strange relationship with an Aurin involvin leashes." He said coyly.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
08-08-2014, 11:44 PM
Rachel had tucked into her plate displaying unexpectedly fastidious table manners as she listened to Cathal, but as he mentioned Aurins and leashes her fork paused halfway to her mouth. Her expression changed not one whit as she lowered her cutlery to rest against her plate.

"I see." It took her a moment to locate a neutral reply. "Who's Samuel Delmonte?"