Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dinner fer Two [ 7/27/1668 AE | Thayd | Cathal x Scout]
08-09-2014, 01:50 AM
RE: Dinner fer Two [ 7/27/1668 AE | Thayd | Cathal x Scout]
Cathal Reily's eyes watched her as she suddenly took on a quick sense of proper manners. That was interesting. Did I just shove me foot in me mout? The man was now thinking about what he said. Aurin and leashes was probably a dumb thing to say. Way ta go lad.

"Samuel Delmonte once be the long toime Captain of the Sovereigns, real nutter. Took part in the Ravagin' he once tore up a space station wit me in a knife fight," the man replied slowly.

My Characters
Cathal Reily / Human Spellslinger / Malverine Boss
Fahari / Draken Stalker / Sovereign Enforcer

[Image: tumblr_m8xl6hHTwf1qey9xxo1_500.gif]

"The Harbinger is coming, and the Judicator will judge us all!"
-Season 1 teaser
08-09-2014, 07:21 AM
"Well," Rachel drawled laconically, focusing back on her plate. "I 'spect that goes some way to 'splainin' how the Aurin mighta got involved." Her blue eyes were still cool, somehow detached.

This might have been a mistake, Hallows. You've got better things to be doing than playing pattycake with the local Lothario.

Still, there was no reason to be rude. He was the boss after all. Plus this was probably the nicest, fanciest food Rachel'd had in a long, long time.
08-10-2014, 05:24 AM
The ship was going down with captain, and crew. Cath sighed as he slowly began to work on cutting up his steak, and enjoy his brew. His back story was not one that usually elicited happy thoughts. The Reily would rue the day he actually had a nice time to relate other than a random relationship.

"Simple, she lived wit me for a while, she was a waitress, an' we had a fallin out. I fired her, an' tried to work it out, but another hero-type rode off. Typical Gallow shot-gun relationships since no one understood each other," he said simply. Get it down, rip off the band-aid and move forward.

"This is the first serious date I've had in ten years," he added honestly.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser
08-11-2014, 11:23 PM
Rachel held his gaze a bit longer before she treated him to her profile and sipped her wine again. Her azure eyes went distant as she stared sightlessly at the bar.

He keeps saying things like that. He's trying to tell you that this is different -- but honestly, why throw all the past like that in my face? C'mon, Rache. Are you giving the guy a hard time because he's slept around? Or are you giving him a hard time because you're scared to let him in? Admit it, this is the first time you've felt something other than a burning desire to put your daddy's killer in the ground and it's bothering you.

Muscles in her jaw flexed and she passed a considering gaze over her dining partner.

Fine.

"S'been around four year or more for me," she remarked quietly. "He was a nice guy as well. Trainin' t'be a Judge, like I was at th' time." Something softened subtly around her mouth and eyes at the memory. "Problem was, I wasn't interested in something permanent - figured it'd get in the way of what I aim t'be doin' about my daddy's killers, an' it did. He wanted me to play things more safe and I ain't never been one to do that."

A bittersweet smile twisted her lips. "S' when I realised casual wouldn't do it for me. Somebody always takes it more serious than th' other and there's a world o' heartache there. I aimed to play it straight up - never wanted t' leave a hole in somebody's life an' the way I do things ain't always the smartest or cleanest."

So, what are you more worried about, Rache? That this guy isn't serious and he's going to make a fool out of you? Or that he is and you're going to have to let down the walls you put up ten years ago?

There were times when the ability to stare unflinchingly into your own soul became a right pain in the ass.
08-12-2014, 04:20 AM
Not good. Not good at all. I think I dun an' fucked this up royally hard. Damn, this is worst than the day I decided ta side wit da over mam. Wait, no it isn't. No jus yet. The man tapped his right index finger across the top of the table, he then greased his fork and placed a piece of Boulderback meat into his mouth. Lightly seasoned, it leaked bloodied juices as he did his best to keep the suit clean.

Her gaze returned, his carefully trained glance noted the tightening of her jaw muscles. She's got more baggage than the others. This aught to be fun, Eldan take my soul. What am I gettin' meself inta? Cathal Reily was attempting to remain calm, and actually he was doing fairly well at it. No anger, no unease broke through.

Then she started talking, opening up, maybe. The Boss sat back and open up them ears for listening.

"Use ta be the same fer a while. Never had o' time fer more than a one night stand. That was when I was servin wit Sarak in his FCON company. Was great stuff fer a long time. One sortie or two a week, we'd then return back to the ship fer a bit. Did a six month tour with him like that. Course things are now different, I'e got a town ta plan."

He said as an answer to her.

My Characters

-Season 1 teaser