Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Joining without a character concept?
05-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Joining without a character concept?
Greetings, I am waiting to put an application in at the moment because I wanted to find out if it is possible to show interest and apply without having a character created as of yet? One of the things is that I am waiting to see what the missing races are going to be and I am a bit torn on what class I may go with.

I do like the concept of your guild and looking to join a RP guild but do not have a character fleshed out fully at the moment.
05-21-2013, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 08:15 AM by Taru Wildspark.)
RE: Joining without a character concept?
In my personal opinion, you might at least want to have a basic idea of the kind of character you would want to play. As for the 'fleshing out' of all the details, that can happen over time as you get ideas and become inspired. And, of course, the kind of character you want to play could possibly change during this time.

Not that I have definite answer for your question, since I am only an initiate of the guild myself, but I might also recommend just putting down what you think might be most interesting for /you/ to play. What makes the most sense to you? What have you enjoyed playing in the past? Would that affect the character you plan to make for Wildstar? What interested you most about the lore? Tie it into the world as much as you can, using the lore you already know, or you could simply omit lore for the time being. For those who might need more lore, Sin's compiled a list of links for us here: Lore Links .

So yeah. I usually just start out with a basic character idea, or a stereotype, usually stemmed from a collision of character personalities that I've played in the past. From there they generally create themselves, and because of the world, circumstances, and race, they all end up being completely unique. It's easy for me to do, anyway. On the other hand, if you think you might need help creating a character that would fit in with the gang, I'm sure some of us would help ya out. :3
05-21-2013, 08:51 AM
I have a couple idea concepts down and both would be fitting for the group. I am just undecided on what I am really going to be going for with a main. I guess I could just fill out with one of them and who knows, at launch it may be a whole different character.
05-21-2013, 09:01 AM
This is all pre-season stuff that can be changed and nothing is set in stone. So you can use one and be a coompletely different character when game launches. Heck it could be completely different from the two ideas you have now once it launches.

Don;t be afraid to play around, we won't kick you in the nuts if you don't know right away. But we will try to help you figure out your character by giving you opportunities to try stuff out. Smile
05-21-2013, 09:06 AM
1. Do not worry about your character changing before the start of the game. My character has already gone through a near-complete makeover.
2. You can use a basic character, and flesh him/her out through role-play if you so wish. Everyone is cool with this, and it's a great way to get used to the guild members!

Basically, all you really need to do is have some sort of character that you want to Role-play with. If you feel like changing or re-making them, it isn't a big deal. (Try not to be perpetually re-rolling them though.. that gets annoying.)

Hope this was helpful, and can't wait to RP with you soon!
05-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Mhm! Big Grin