Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[IC Interview: Drustanus] (Radiance) In Pursuit of Purpose
08-01-2014, 09:48 PM
[IC Interview: Drustanus] (Radiance) In Pursuit of Purpose
Radiance. Tread the path to Radiance...

The lone thought of his objective whirled incessantly within Drustanus's mind as he ambled along tirelessly towards the coordinates etched upon the palm of his left glove. It was by no means a formidable challenge to have learned the location of the Sovereigns' place of business--an apparent dance club--and he had set out to offer his sword and soul the moment he learned its precise location.

The cassian lifts his head from the path underfoot and a pair of weathered gray eyes behold the Radiance he has sought, looming not far in the distance. Drustanus cracks a thin smile before a gloved hand comes over his mouth in an attempt to stifle the roar of laughter that erupts from his gut not a moment later.

"Yes. Yes! I have made it." The cassian remarks through brief pauses of his now dying cackles, arms stretched out at his sides as if to embrace the visage of what he would only describe as his destiny.

Breaking into a steady jog, Drustanus closes in on the anterior of the dance club and with a euphoric smile, casts open its doors to bear witness to what awaits him within.
08-02-2014, 12:02 AM
RE: [IC Interview: Drustanus] (Radiance) In Pursuit of Purpose
He found the room slightly dark as only a few of the lights were on. There were some subtle sweet aromas floating in the air, but the striking sight was a Draken woman at the bar, the glow of Eldan augmentations standing out in the penumbra. She was humming a tune and bobbing her head to some unheard rhythm as her attention was taken on by a datapad.

She did notice him a second later and removed a pair of earphones.

"Oh, hey!" She waved. "We're closed for.... oh, no wait!"

She tapped on the datapad and then nodded for herself.

"You're Drustanus, right? Do you want me to call you Knight? That's what it says here in your file. Anyway! I am Zylla. Ritesmaster Zylla of Clan Shattersoul of Mikros, and I am here to make your life difficult!"

She snickered and waved a hand.

"Nah, I'm here to stand pretty and be impressed by your awesomeness, so you better bring the awesome or I'll be disappointed."

[Image: tumblr_n9isgnQSyh1qkky4zo1_500.jpg]
A member of the BlackSky Community
08-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Drustanus blinked his eyes as they adjusted to the dim lighting, the cassian stalking deeper into the shadowed depths of the dance club, wringing his hands together in front of him as if there were filth or grime upon his white gloves that he was utterly unable to scrub off. He scowled, his wringing growing more feverish before the draken's call entered his ears and his gaze snapped towards her, his expression now stony, or even hollow, though not for long.

He burst into a fit of quiet snickering once the draken's introduction was concluded, delighted that the being was so knowledgeable. His snickering intensified into sporadic fits of wide-eyed laughter as he drew closer to the one called Zylla, his feet dragging along as he slowly approached, savoring the moment with each passing breath.

"Aye," Drustanus utters quietly, having neared the draken with his head bowed in greeting. "I am the Knight that has come seeking his Sovereign. My sword and all that I am is what I offer in service." His voice was low, raspy, almost breathless as he spoke.
08-02-2014, 02:17 AM
"Oooh, mysterious!" Zylla grinned and matched his tone.

She rolled over the bar to stand in front of him.

"And tell me, Sir Knight, what are we supposed to do with your sword and all that you are?"

Although still mirthful, the Draken's eyes were fixated and analyzing.

"What service do you seek to provide?"

08-04-2014, 04:18 AM
With hung head, the cassian swiftly dropped to bent knee and brought a gloved hand to rest over his heart. Drustanus shuddered and his teeth chattered as a lone, salty bead of sweat formed on his wrinkled and scarred brow before he replied, rather quietly.

"I shall put to the sword any foolish enough to stand against the Sovereigns or the most glorious Empire. My body shall wholly be an aegis against all threats, and my swordhand an extension and tool of the Sovereigns' will."
08-04-2014, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 05:08 AM by Coyotzin.)
"That... is not very helpful." Zylla muttered but chuckled softly nonetheless. "Well, then! We go by the Measure, and..."

She blinked and looked at the kneeling warrior, then just smiled and shrugged, cleared her throat, and spoke out in a more solemn and ceremonial tone that would have been majestic were it not for the amusement injected into it.

"Very well, Sir Knight! These are the oaths of our Measure! You shall swear to abide by them or have your heart and soul forfeit!"

She raised her hand over him, placing the other over her heart.

"We of the Sovereigns are siblings in arms, as strong as the weakest of us. We do not fight among ourselves, and we do not begrudge each other. Not for long anyhoo... Ahem... There is strength in family, do you swear loyalty to the Agency?"

"There are elites, officers and leaders. Open defiance shall be punished! Actually I don't see the point of this one, but anyway... Do you vow to respect the Chain of Command?"

"Betrayal hurts our age... our Order, for we are family and we are bound by the bonds of trust. Even more harsher punishment awaits traitors. Do you swear never to betray the Agency?"

"And finally, the authority of the Circle is absolute. All important decisions go to the Circle. And that includes killing people. And wallpaper design at the club. But mostly it's about killing people. Or not killing people unless the Circle says it's okay. AHEM! Do you vow to defer all major decisions to the Circle?"

She stood over him, acting the part and kind of enjoying it, and waited for his reply. Or replies. She had asked many questions, after all, spicing up the Measure just a bit.