Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[ IC Interview: Navigatrix ] (Illium Spaceport) Collation
08-06-2014, 04:21 PM
[ IC Interview: Navigatrix ] (Illium Spaceport) Collation
The sharp staccato rap of steel boot heels on pavement and soft wine of servomotors is all but drowned out by the roar of spacecraft departing Illium's airspace, effectively cloaking the rapid movement of a tall, statuesque metal woman through one of the busiest spaceports on the planet. Her eyes, fixed on her objective, shine bright silver from a nearly expressionless gunmetal face, her limbs rolling with the smooth, if somewhat exaggerated one would commonly associate with a machine. Heavy gauge armor obscures admittedly gangling limbs and a worn duffel bag filled to bursting hangs from her left shoulder, a data pad clutched in the hand opposite.

It had taken weeks to sort through the mountain of data that was the inbound-outbound shipping records for the spaceport. An endless quantity of informational noise shot though with only the faintest bits of anything actually useful. But bits could be organized into a larger picture, if one is willing to do the legwork. Noise becomes syntax, and a language of sorts can be decoded. And the Imperial Corps of Intelligence had the best damn code-breakers in the universe.

Navigatrix was willing to do the legwork.

Navigatrix had learned the language.

And now she stands in the shadow of a ships birthing, glancing down at the date, time, and birth number written crisply in size ten font: the time and parking place of the frigate BrightStar.

Allowing herself a tiny upward twist of the lips, Navigatrix set foot on the metal gang ramp and marched into the belly of the beast, brazen as the sun.
08-06-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: [ IC Interview: Navigatrix ] (Illium Spaceport) Collation
Zukanga's head felt like he'd been boxing Granok all night. The pain hadn't put in him in his current mood, however. He had woken to find that the orders of Bloodwine and the soothing Black Tea coming from Mikros were going to be placed in the Brightstar cargo hold. His retroblade wouldn't be able to move both crates at once, so his day looked long and hard.

"Protostar bastards...figures their the only long distance shipping we can get on this rock." he hefted the crate of wine onto the bike, trying not to shatter any of the bottles. Dust from the floor kicked up as the bike whined and rose up. The proximity sensor on the cargo door sounded, not unusual in the crowded spaceport, and he impatiently revved the engine as the door slid open.

He gunned it towards the opening, but slammed on the brakes as a tall Mechari woman was suddenly framed in the doorway by the sunlight. The crate rocked but stayed on the bike, Zukanga however had leaped off, drawn his guns, and was holding them on the woman's head.

"This is a private vessel, Mechari, and I know a lady that loves shiny things. Give me a good reason I shouldn't bring her some Exanite to play with this evening?"
08-07-2014, 05:49 AM
Navigatrix comes to a smooth halt, her face illuminated by the running lights of the laden bike.

"Quick response, and an immediate challenge. Very security minded."

Taking great pains to move slowly, she steps out from in front of the retroblade, unblocking the cargo door.

"Shooting me would be...unfortunate, I think, for the both of us." Her jaw mandibles tap thoughtfully. "Although not in the way you may expect. I have something to offer to you, and by extension, to your organization."

Her head tilts to the side, not unlike an overlarge bird, hands splaying palm out at waist level. "I desire submit an application membership, so that I may render assistance in any way necessary to further the aims of the Sovereigns, and through you, the Dominion."

The woman allows a crooked half smile. "In short: I want to help."
08-07-2014, 05:19 PM
He let out a slow breathe after she spoke, his guns slowly going back to the holsters.

"Sorry about that, had ye pegged for an ICI spook. Yer wearing the colors." he laughed a little, eyes distant.

"But we could use the help, if your looking to hunt down some glory with the crew of the Brightstar, or just serve some drinks and settle down on Nexus. Leadership changes led to a few bodies wandering off, but I'm sure we can find you a bunk and an acid bath." he pulls out his Datachron, holding it up to the Mechari.

"State your name for the camera, we run a check through the usual criminal databases and Dominion Military records."
08-08-2014, 01:40 AM
"Understandable. One does not be a Mechari without spending at least some time working in or alongside ICI. My records are not sealed, so you will see."

The woman squares her shoulders and looks down into the Datachron.

"Navigatrix. Dominion serialization Echo-43893," she states primly.

((Would you like me to expand on what you might find, or are you just going to go by what I put on my app? In any case, if there is anything you would like to know more about OOCly, please let me know! Cheers =) ))
08-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Zukanga looks over the profile that lights up the screen of his Datachron for a moment, then starts to grin.

"You've been ICI for a long time....remember hearing about a lieutenant getting Section 6'ed for his unsavory eating habits? His call-sign was Biter." he thumbs through the file, still smiling.

"So I got you pegged right away, didn't I? ICI spook...ex-spook. We've got room for someone like you. Boss will appreciate the experienced hand. You have a way to keep up with the bike? Grab that other crate and load up. I need a drink, and there's no-one tending bar."
08-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Navigatrix cocks her head to the side.

"Only by reputation. Can't say I ever met the individual."

She seems to consider this a moment, then points with her chin off to the side.

"My Uniblade parked just off the tarmac."

Turning on her smartly on a heel, she marches quickly down the ramp. A brief smile crosses her features for an instant as she crosses out of sight, before calling out.

"I'll get that crate. Then we can see about that drink. Lead the way."