Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maintenance & Repair (BrightStar Armory, General RP)
08-14-2014, 08:15 AM
Maintenance & Repair (BrightStar Armory, General RP)
The lights in the armory maintenance are dim, only half the fixtures lit in the power conservation, and that the rooms sole occupant didn't need them all on anyway. The air, somewhat stuffy and humid as all air is that's been recycled, filtered or otherwise manhandled into breatheability is, smells strongly of machine oil, lubricants, and currently, hot metal.

A lone Mechari woman sits alone on a bench under one of the overhead lights wearing only a simple grease-stained frock, a heavy launcher resting across her knees as she carefully works a grinder over the length of the weapon. Several other tools rest nearby, ready for use.

((Anyone is more than welcome to drop in, this is a pretty casual thing. =) ))
08-14-2014, 12:18 PM
RE: Maintenance & Repair (BrightStar Armory, General RP)
There was a strange zooming boom and a golden flash.

"That looks boring." Zylla said, having stepped through her Gate sigil, mostly because she loved a dramatic entrance (and exit). "You the new gal, right? Dunno if you remember me. I'm Zylla!"

[Image: tumblr_n9isgnQSyh1qkky4zo1_500.jpg]
A member of the BlackSky Community
08-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Navigatrix finishes her pass before looking up, sending a shower of sparks to the floor.

"I remember you," she nods. "We met at the opening of the Radiance. You were with Zukanga, I believe."

She tilts her head to the side, birdlike. "I suppose that would make you Zukanga's friend who likes shiny things, then?" She asks, reaching for a bottle of something-or-other.
08-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Zylla chuckled and shrugged.

"Sounds about right. I do like shiny things." She said. "As long as they're useful to me, of course."

"I came to pick up some parts and heard the noise, whatcha doing?"

08-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Navigatrix squeezes a past from the bottle onto the launcher, which begins to smoke. Carefully, she leans forward and begins to etch with a fingertip.

"Refurbishment and customization. Typically, it was forbidden to personalize equipment that was taken into the field in my prior occupation. Now that I am attached to the Sovereigns and there are a few more degrees of latitude, I am able to...wax artistic a bit."

The woman peers closely at her work for a moment, then back up at Zylla.

"What about yourself? Have you always been here..." she waves an arm to indicate the ship "...or did you have a life before?"
08-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Zylla straightened up, a hand behind her and the other held at chest's height. She closed her eyes and intoned in the manner of a Royal Collegium provost.

"I sprung to life when a shipment of Badass leaked into the Awesomeness Containment Unit." She guffawed and relaxed her posture.

"I'm born and raised in Mikros." She said. "And my previous life is.... hmmm... how to put it... Unnecessarily complicated? Needlessly byzantine? Unwarrantedly frakked up?"

"Nah. Just a bunch of Draken peeps doing Draken stuff, then I stowed away in a ship, then got a place in the Arkship and did stuff here in Nexus before signing up with the Talyn crew."

The Draken then flexed her torso forward, taking a look and grimacing from the smell of soldering materials. "Looking good! What's it gonna be when you're done?"

08-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Navigatrix snorts in amusement. "Needlessly Byzantine. I like that. And thank you."

She applies some fine neutralizing powder to the work area, then blows it off with a puff of compressed air from a nearby tool.

Rotating the weapon towards Zylla, the engraving reads: (i)Unwitting Accomplice.(/i)

"The embellishments will come later. I am fond of starbursts, but we shall see."

Navigatrix uncaps a small tub of polish. "It sounds like you've had quite an adventure to get here. Did Nexus itself captivate you, or did you just see Arkship and think 'next big thing'?"
08-15-2014, 12:49 PM
"More like 'Get-me-outta-here-I-can't-breathe'!" Zylla laughed as she mimed her hands beating on nonexistent glass.

"Not that bad, tho', I did have a panic attack on the Ekose ship I stowed away to get off Mikros, where I had all the horizon anyone could ever want. The freight captain found me and I convinced him I could work... and he saw the value of having a Draken be part of the crew until we got to Cassus."

"Ah, but Nexus is something else. All my dreams and nightmares mashed together into a disgustingly delicious milkshake of contradictions." Zylla grinned and pointed. "Your turn!"

08-15-2014, 01:35 PM
Working the polish into the metal with a terrycloth, Navigatrix gives a shrug of her own.

"For as long as that story can be, there is little of interest to tell. My cell, like many others, was given orders to report to Nexus and set to work at supporting Dominion forces here and undermining the Exiles whenever possible. We were given a surprising degree of freedom in our operation methodology."

She looks up from her work, dabbing on a bit more polish while picking through the supplies that surrounded her, glancing up at Zylla while she talked.

"We realized that we could optimize our effectiveness as independent agents. Dissolved the cell and went our separate ways. I chose to integrate myself with the Sovereigns because of their service record. And here I am."

Navigatrix pauses for a moment in her work, frowning. "That does sound more complicated out loud than it did in my head."
08-16-2014, 12:13 PM
"I see." Zylla smiled and tapped her chin. "What do you think we do, that you'd choose to be with us? I'm asking 'coz we might end up working together."

Her look, while still friendly, had a hint of careful analysis.