Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[IC Interview- Illium]
08-16-2014, 09:00 AM
[IC Interview- Illium]
Taking a moment to re-orient himself after the transference from Artemis Zin's "secret" vault of historical objects, the Mechari glanced from side to side and moved on to follow his original intention of coming to the capitol.
The sun glinted off the soft curves of his metal and ceramic body, the tech-sword on his back settled into is scabbard as he strolled along the path towards the space port and the city proper beyond that.
Making his way deeper into the city and down a few streets that people seemed to avoid he approached a door into a non-descript building and entered without knocking.
The room was bare save for a pair of chairs sitting opposite each other across a table that was bare. The windowless room contained a single glow rod that provided suitable if flickering illumination. On the opposite wall of the entrance was a single door and the Mechari settled himself into the seat facing this door and waited.
08-16-2014, 11:17 AM
RE: [IC Interview- Illium]
It was so sudden he might have missed it. There was a flash under the table accompanied by the sound of rushing wind.

Across the table, the tips of two horns emerged and began to rise, revealing a Draken woman, intently studying a datapad and looking as if she was being raised by an elevator, which Syntaxis was farily certain was not there.

"Very well." The Draken hopped lightly as the "elevator" stopped. "Hello! I am Zylla, Ritesmaster of the Brightstar Sovereigns, and I'm here to see if you're interested in our line of fine prod... no, wrong document!"

She tapped furiously once and sighed with some relief.

"Here it is! Okay! I am still Zylla, blah, blah, blah... and you are... Hm... can you clear something for me? Is your name really Syntaxis or did I just type something wrong and my datapad is being a condescending prick?"

[Image: tumblr_n9isgnQSyh1qkky4zo1_500.jpg]
A member of the BlackSky Community
08-16-2014, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2014 11:30 AM by Durnok.)
The crystalline, red orbs shift to regard the draken, as he narrowed his eyes. Sitting up straight and leaning over as if he might be going to whisper, his reply was a soft, resonant sound, easy on the ears. "Indeed, my designation is Syntaxis, Ritesmistress Zylla. I was told to be here promptly on the hour and so here I am."
He leaned back again, as if giving the woman room and regarded her with cool interest.
08-16-2014, 11:48 AM
"Punctuality! Good! Not much of a fan myself, but burden of responsibility and all that." Zylla grinned and sat down, pulling the chair closer with her tail. "So I'm here to make sure you're a good fit for the outfit. Which means you could be an infit, I guess."

"Let's go to the point, then. What I could make out from all the redacted info from the ICI, it looks like you prefer working with Highborn? What's up with that?"

08-16-2014, 01:27 PM
"It's not a preference. I don't expect you to understand as you are not Mechari. I am willing and capable in offering assistance to any Dominion citizen.' He paused to let that settle in and then continued as he leaned back into his chair, yet somehow still seeming to be at attention.
"Highborn are the chosen to lead the Dominion. This in turn requires that they are enabled to do so with little distraction from others and get the aid they might require in order to do this." He steepled his fingers as he took fuller measure of the draken. " Do you not agree?"
08-17-2014, 04:08 AM
"Actually... no." Zylla smirked only slightly, observing the Mechari's reaction. "But prolly not for the reasons you think. In any case! You do seem like a good fit; I'll introduce you later to the Hand, our leader under Lady Talyn; he's a Highborn, and... hm. Well, he could use someone riding up his ass, reminding him of his heritage. Yep! You'll get along just fine!"

"So, let's go to the Measure; they are our rules of conduct. They are pretty loose and kind of open to interpretation, but they cover what we might deal with."

"First... We are brothers-in-arms. In-fighting is forbidden. You can hate someone else's guts, but if you can't be professional about it and it puts the rest of us in a bind, we off you."

"We have a Circle. The Circle makes the big decisions. Same as above, if you decide you want to shoot someone in the face, you come to the Circle and ask permission."

"We have a chain of command. The Talyn above all, and the Hand as he spokesman, followed by the Circle. You will respect your superiors and you will earn our comradeship."

"Finally. No betrayal. Because we are brothers, treason goes beyond going against our plans. Treason is stabbing us in the heart. Double if you actually stab one of us in the heart. But anyhoo. We don't take kindly to treason."

"Any questions?"

08-17-2014, 09:32 AM
The screech of the chair sliding back away from the table as the Mechari rose to his full heights and slid the chair back up and into place. He looked down to the Drakken female and shook his head once as he spoke. " No. I have no questions. You have laid everything out in a manner that anyone..might understand."
08-19-2014, 04:34 AM
"Excellent!" Zylla grinned and rocked back on the chair to make it easier to look up at the artificial warrior, she then tapped something in her datachron. "I'm giving you all the codes and coordinates you need. Datachron channel, location and key to the Radiance, comm IDs for the Circle, access to the armory, the works."

"Welcome to the Sovereigns." She hopped to her feet and extended her hand. "It's gonna be an interesting ride."

Quote:OOC: And done! Pop IG whenever you want to be invited to the guild proper and the Circle

08-20-2014, 02:53 AM
Slightly over-long fingers delicately grasped the offered hand as if he were being delicate with a fragile things and gave a single up and down shake. " I shall endeavor to succeed in service. May you find your day to be a pleasing one, Ritesmistress."